Cowleys get them in

Given up following any odds or rumours with Chansiri around. Not convinced we'll even appoint a manager let alone someone we've heard of.

Hope to be proved wrong though. He did appoint SB so isn't a total mug when it comes to choosing managers.

If we can't get Cowley is there really no other young manager on the up? Is he the only one in the lower leagues?? Sorry state if so.

Edited by swfc-dan

15 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Given up following any odds or rumours with Chansiri around. Not convinced we'll even appoint a manager let alone someone we've heard of.

Hope to be proved wrong though. He did appoint SB so isn't a total mug when it comes to choosing managers.

If we can't get Cowley is there really no other young manager on the up? Is he the only one in the lower leagues?? Sorry state if so.

I rate Michael Flynn at Newport County, Gareth Ainsworth's doing well at Wycombe too. Sure there are others as well.

2 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

Ryan Lowe? Promotion at Bury under dodgy financial circumstances, doing ok at Plymouth. Knows Wednesday.

Decent shout. The Cowley's and Flynn would be my picks from the Lower Leagues for young managers on the rise. Tisdale and Ainsworth seem decent and highly rated too, albeit slightly older and more experienced.

14 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

I rate Michael Flynn at Newport County, Gareth Ainsworth's doing well at Wycombe too. Sure there are others as well.

Yes, good calls. Both doing well and I'd be happy with either at this point, if Cowley doesn't materialise. Both would surely jump at a chance to manage at a higher level and be cheapish compo.

They'll be on similar amounts to Cowley no doubt. DC has to be willing to pay compo for once if we want to finally get a potential long term appointment!