Cowleys get them in

3 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

After the last 7 weeks I'm not going to hold my breath for anything lol

Although my sky bet account now looks like a Bingo card with the amount of managers I've bet on.

Only Bloody Bullen that I haven't 

You could fix that right now.  :biggrin:

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Would DC really go for Monk, someone that has a bit of a history or falling out with his chairman etc. 

Well, Bruce had a history of walking out for "better" jobs.  :duntmatter:

Guest 1banana2banana

Get Cowley’s in and add 5k to the home gate. Bring the good feeling back and have a right good go.... or do nothing and just run the club down (which is how it feels at the minute). Bruce leaving us really could be the tipping point to another miserable decade if we don’t act soon. 

The last time we were on a high was the playoff final under Carlos. Despite how his reign ended I’d certainly do anything for that back at the minute. 

What I don’t get about DC is , he’s obviously invested many millions of pounds in the club, yet he doesn’t seem to act with the same pace  as most other football clubs. It appears from the outside (with no comms from the club to suggest otherwise) that nothing is happening and we’re just drifting along. Why invest millions of pounds and not seem to want to get the best out of your investment?

Edited by 109Waddle

2 minutes ago, bobness said:

But wait! In this presser at around the 8:20 mark, he says "if it was up to me, I'd just tell you how it is. But I obviously have to tow the party line"

What could this mean? I reckon it's on!

:duntmatter:

He seems to be having a go at the media. Reckon it will be something to do with figures being quoted for their wages etc. 

11 minutes ago, marshy said:

I'm blindly hoping that the delay is due to negotiating a settlement, or doing the gentlemanly thing and waiting until after Lincoln game this weekend. If it's not, and we are simply carrying on as before then we should be worrying. 

I don’t think you are far from the truth! 

1 minute ago, 109Waddle said:

What I don’t get about DC is , he’s obviously invested many millions of pounds in the club, yet he doesn’t seem to act with the same pace  as most other football clubs. It appears from the outside (with no comms from the club to suggest otherwise) that nothing is happening and we’re just drifting along. Why invest millions of pounds and not seem to want to get the best out of your investment?

Or, he's invested many millions and therefore wants to be sure he's making the best decision he can, rather than a knee-jerk reaction to the current situation.  Obviously that's clouded a little by the Jos appointment, but hey 4th time's a charm.  :biggrin:

4 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Mushrooms about for the early riser..

I've got a lot of liberty caps in my garden. Sometimes when I read Owlstalk I think my wife must have spiked my omelette with them. It's usually strange but some times it's really strange.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, oz_owl said:

Or, he's invested many millions and therefore wants to be sure he's making the best decision he can, rather than a knee-jerk reaction to the current situation.  Obviously that's clouded a little by the Jos appointment, but hey 4th time's a charm.  :biggrin:

Jos was the only bad appointment. Carlos had 2 playoffs and Bruce was decent, he just turned out to be a traitorous, turnip-faced ladybits

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

He seems to be having a go at the media. Reckon it will be something to do with figures being quoted for their wages etc. 

He says that claims being bandied about are "blatantly wrong", but hasn't specifically said what claims he's referring to, and as far as I can tell, has failed to outright deny he is in talks with the club, beyond saying "it's news to me". All quite vague.

That’s a long winded way of saying nothing at all if you ask me.

I think we are probably talking currently regards compensation, player budgets, backroom staff negotiating etc etc Otherwise all he has to do is say nothing in the link to the Owls...committed to Lincoln will not be moving to Sheffield Wednesday, that would put an end to it all.

Guest Ferkorf
12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Still think you might regret that one. 

Cant afford to lump on him. I've had to sell kids ps4 to lump on Cowley

4 minutes ago, oz_owl said:

Yep, that could well be the case. But the season is up and running and we look to be rapidly falling away from the top 6 rather than setting the foundations for a promotion push.

Edited by 109Waddle

Guest Ferkorf
12 minutes ago, oz_owl said:

You could fix that right now.  :biggrin:

I'll give it a bit more time to drift, just posted car on gumtree to fund it lol

3 minutes ago, oz_owl said:

Knee jerk reactionlolbloody ell, Brexit will be sorted quicker at this rate. 

• Haha 2