Cowleys get them in

18 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

Says who???, for starters we have a manager, albeit a caretaker one, beyond that he has evidently approached both Hughton & Pulis, first didnt want job, Pulis was all about the money. He clearly wanted to give Bullen a crack, thats not gone amazingly, but, and although he really isnt my choice for fulltime manager, it hasn't been a complete disaster. I'd agree that the wait for a new boss is frustrating, but NO ONE has any idea what his thinking is or indeed what work has been going on behind the scenes. He & his representatives could very well be scouring the market for a new manager, they may well have contacted numerous potential candidates, but we simply dont know. Clearly he likes to do his business on the quiet, which is all well and good, but that inevitably leads to wild hyperbole on site such as OT. But without any public knowledge of what work is going on to find a new manager, to simply dismiss him as floundering seems a bit harsh!!!

You’re right, it is harsh.  But I think he’s made a total dog’s dinner of the situation.  It’s deeply concerning that we don’t seem any closer to an appointment than the day Bruce left.

As for Bullen, we’ve had an easy start and we’ve lost half of our league games this season.  The debacle against QPR tells you everything you need to know.  He’s not up to the role of manager.

How many manager-less Championship clubs can you name that take 2 months to appoint a successor?

4 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

How many manager-less Championship clubs can you name that take 2 months to appoint a successor?

But thats partly my point, we ,technically, AREN'T manager-less!!!!, Rightly or wrongly Bullen has been given a crack at it, he IS the manager!!!

I'd very much agree about the opposition faced so far, and the performances of the team under Bullen, he wouldn't be my choice for the job as i personally dont think he's tactically astute enough.

But you could very reasonably argue it hasn't taken 2 months (and counting!!) to appoint a successor, and that its more like a week or so since he decided Bullen isnt right for fulltime job!!??

Only plus for Monk over Cowley is the Championship experience angle. But could he have got them promotions and that FA Cup run? After that great poll that was pulling Cowley here it's all a tad disappointing. The new manager needs his own number two. Can not see Bullen as any number two. He's a good coach only and that is that. 

10 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Wouldn’t touch Monk with a barge pole considering what he’s been investigated for at Boro. 

At least he doesn't use Doyen though, right?  :duntmatter:

10 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Wouldn’t touch Monk with a barge pole considering what he’s been investigated for at Boro. 

Yep exactly this ^

Plus Monk is an over rated average failure, who hasn't achieved anything, just like Rowett. I'd much rather someone on the rise like Alex Neil; the Cowley's, Flynn, Ainsworth, Lee Johnson, etc.

46 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

But thats partly my point, we ,technically, AREN'T manager-less!!!!, Rightly or wrongly Bullen has been given a crack at it, he IS the manager!!!

I'd very much agree about the opposition faced so far, and the performances of the team under Bullen, he wouldn't be my choice for the job as i personally dont think he's tactically astute enough.

But you could very reasonably argue it hasn't taken 2 months (and counting!!) to appoint a successor, and that its more like a week or so since he decided Bullen isnt right for fulltime job!!??

How do you  know that have you inside info or could we have a chairman who has'nt a clue what to do next

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Set your alarms for midnight 

image.thumb.png.b24ffd5c6d2ddbff3409d4d5411967d0.png

This might explain the leaked footage from DC's office that's making the rounds on the Twitter. Some speculating that DC was discussing contract details with a potential manager, but I think it's just some more false hope

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bubbleowl said:

How do you  know that have you inside info or could we have a chairman who has'nt a clue what to do next

Inside knowledge of what??. Bullens been in charge for all to see. Now its been reported DC actively looking for a new appointment. Whats hidden there???

Doubt you were saying he hasnt a clue when he appointed Bruce!!?