We all knew it ...Bullen isnt the man.

So!, who is this mercurial person who is going to guarantee promotion this season?.

Even Bruce said it may take 2 seasons to get the club going in the right direction, he started it with the pre-season training, proper pre-season training, brought in the pace we were all screaming for and now the wheels have come off (after 5 games, 3 wins & 2 losses, the best start we have had in a decade FFS) according to the fans who seem to just sit and wait for a loss to have a go at whoever the Manager or Player is the dislike this season.

GERRA GRIP FFS!.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Quist said:

Those who support Bullen have not much of a football brain or do not understand football or go to games three sheets to wind. There are certain basics most folks understand one of them is you have to understand how opposition play and which players you have will be most suited to playing against opposition and if you have any players who will not be suited and how you go about exploiting and negating these . Unfortunately we seem to do neither and this is so basic it will not improve. Has to go quickly.

I have been involved in Football for more than 55 years, watching, playing, Coaching and managing (All be it at Jnr level).

I take offence when some muppet comes on here with the knowledge probably gained from watching SKY tv and insulting me with statements like these.

If you are so knowledgeable about football tell me ONE manager who can guarantee success for us this season?.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Seriously when people say it's a difficult ground we haven't won since Noah etc. Do they think we're playing the same team for the last 60 years? 

It's ridiculous. 

It might be true that they're a difficult team to beat in the same season or perhaps over a couple of seasons but after that it's a different 11 v a different 11.

Absolutely agree. 

This ‘hoodoo’ thing is ridiculous. Yeh, there will be teams / grounds we have little success at, but every time we go there it’s a new 11 v 11 - they don’t have a ‘hold’ over us that’s just stupid. 

Bullen would walk over hot coals for us but to be  it’s a little unfair he’s in this position. DC knew Bruce was leaving and he should have been sounding out replacements since. 

It’s only 2 games till the first international break when perhaps a decision will be made but for me, we should have announced a new manager by now. 

This season should and could still be a really good chance of a top 6 place and every point is  precious. Currently we look like the games lost when going a goal behind. Whether Bullen’s tactics or team selection is in question is debatable. 

Please sort it out DC. 

8 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I have been involved in Football for more than 55 years, watching, playing, Coaching and managing (All be it at Jnr level).

I take offence when some muppet comes on here with the knowledge probably gained from watching SKY tv and insulting me with statements like these.

If you are so knowledgeable about football tell me ONE manager who can guarantee success for us this season?.

No one has even mentioned getting a manager in who can ‘guarantee’ promotion. Most sane people understand such a manager doesn’t exist. 

2 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

You are not only one who has done coaching, nobody can guarantee success but their is fundamental difference between making odd error and complete mess of things. People on here do not like stats but if you look at what is available to coaches and managers there are some basic facts which show the information is not being used to its optimum effect. many on here can see this with heir own eyes. If you do not believe what I am saying look at info produced by stats and it backs up what most are saying.

There was a question why folks supported Bullen unlees you are friend or relative I stand by what I wrote. I only have 40 years of sport experience.

• Like 2

If Bully stuck to the high press/ high tempo style I might be more likely to support his appointment.

But, for me, he’s gone Jos in the last three games with different tactics and selections.  We were clueless today - just ping it to Fletcher’s head.

it was clear half way through the first half that Moses was getting roasted too.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Honest question as a coach at whatever level do you think tactically we have got much right the past three games?

i honestly don’t, i just don’t think he’s capable of changing anything. It looks like he’s trying to do what bruce set out to do but if it doesn’t work he doesn’t know what to do.

like I said as a club man Bullen is great but if we want success imo it’s too big a step for him. 

The argument of no one is a guarantee though is the one thing I will pull you on, if that’s the case why should anyone appoint t a manager. Just let the chairmen pick the sides. You can make educated decisions on appointment the right man, it might not always work out but it improves the chance of success.  

It wasn't working in the 1st half v Luton.

He changed a few things, told the players to play further up the pitch and we put on an Improved performance.

Bullen is trying to get a settled side together and games like todays will happen until the players get it right, he MIGHT be putting too much stock in Bannan and Hutch as the best pairing, he has to be prepared to break them up, play Massive Louongo as the holding player.

11 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Absolutely agree. 

This ‘hoodoo’ thing is ridiculous. Yeh, there will be teams / grounds we have little success at, but every time we go there it’s a new 11 v 11 - they don’t have a ‘hold’ over us that’s just stupid. 

It’s almost too stupid for words, in fact it is too stupid for words :ghoulguy:

40 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

When do we ever get anything at Deepdale?

Losing there is no surprise and it's no disgrace either. It's football, we will lose games and Deepdale has always been a hoodoo ground for us. 

What a stupid quote if thats the case why turn up just give them the points 

Insane

4 minutes ago, Quist said:

You are not only one who has done coaching, nobody can guarantee success but their is fundamental difference between making odd error and complete mess of things. People on here do not like stats but if you look at what is available to coaches and managers there are some basic facts which show the information is not being used to its optimum effect. many on here can see this with heir own eyes. If you do not believe what I am saying look at info produced by stats and it backs up what most are saying.

There was a question why folks supported Bullen unlees you are friend or relative I stand by what I wrote. I only have 40 years of sport experience.

I wanted Houghton as soon as Bruce left, same as I wanted Bruce as soon as he left Hull city,  Bullen may not make it as a manager, but when you see some of the names thrown out in the last few weeks it makes you smile.

There are only 2 men I would take at this moment and that is Rowett and Monk, both did a good job while at Birmingham city, and got the sack, just proving that selecting a Manager is more down to luck than experience.

Even if either of these 2 were to come in, if things do not improve IMMEDIATELY, the fans will be screaming for him to be sacked and appoint another messiah.

Well I for one am fed up with the hire em/sack em approach, it has never worked in the past so why should it work now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Quist said:

Considering Bullen probably has 30odd years experience within professional football, I’d suggest your 40 years in “sport” isn’t really comparable.  Especially when supporting your argument that you’re right and Bullen and anyone else who supports him is some kind of clown.  

I’m not saying he’s the right Man and you clearly don’t think he is, but you can’t go round having a dig at anyone who actually supports Bullen like your some kind of football Messiah. 

Was always going to be one of those games today, someone said we haven't beaten that lot at there place for 8 years. 

Personally I thought it was a day to start with the battlers, those with a bit of fight, robust and physical (I know we're not blessed in that department). 

Probably another reason why they always roll us over there. 

You know what your gonna get with Preston, bit like Bolton only with some  talented players. Strong, physical, robust and aggressive. 

We needed to stand up and be counted today, but as usual against these sorts of teams we just couldn't handle that side of the game.