We all knew it ...Bullen isnt the man.

1 minute ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Bullen would walk over hot coals for us but to be  it’s a little unfair he’s in this position. DC knew Bruce was leaving and he should have been sounding out replacements since. 

It’s only 2 games till the first international break when perhaps a decision will be made but for me, we should have announced a new manager by now. 

This season should and could still be a really good chance of a top 6 place and every point is  precious. Currently we look like the games lost when going a goal behind. Whether Bullen’s tactics or team selection is in question is debatable. 

Please sort it out DC. 

Great post that mate. 

DC’s had the opportunity to give Bullen a fair go at the job with some pretty straightforward fixtures in August and he’s not exactly passed with flying colours. I can see what he’s trying to do in terms of the system and the personnel but it’s just not working on the pitch. Fortunately we have the luxury of being able to bring someone else in and keep Bully as a member of the coaching staff... hopefully DC realises that sooner rather than later 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Ah forgive me I forgot, we're just supposed to turn up and the other team roll over and give us the three points?

We haven't won at Deepdale at this level since 1949. One player had his career ended there and nearly lost his life, another broke his leg there and never fully recovered. I've been there 7 times and only seen us win in a league cup tie!

Aye, we shouldn't have bothered travelling, just give them the 3 points without kicking a ball cos "we never win there"WTF:

6 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I wanted Houghton as soon as Bruce left, same as I wanted Bruce as soon as he left Hull city,  Bullen may not make it as a manager, but when you see some of the names thrown out in the last few weeks it makes you smile.

There are only 2 men I would take at this moment and that is Rowett and Monk, both did a good job while at Birmingham city, and got the sack, just proving that selecting a Manager is more down to luck than experience.

Even if either of these 2 were to come in, if things do not improve IMMEDIATELY, the fans will be screaming for him to be sacked and appoint another messiah.

Well I for one am fed up with the hire em/sack em approach, it has never worked in the past so why should it work now.

If either of those were appointed I would get behind them as I did Jos although had reservations on appointment. This just looks like cheap option we are doing at moment.

4 minutes ago, Junglejay said:

Considering Bullen probably has 30odd years experience within professional football, I’d suggest your 40 years in “sport” isn’t really comparable.  Especially when supporting your argument that you’re right and Bullen and anyone else who supports him is some kind of clown.  

I’m not saying he’s the right Man and you clearly don’t think he is, but you can’t go round having a dig at anyone who actually supports Bullen like your some kind of football Messiah. 

I am not sure if you have been to games today is first I missed but watched on ifollow. I am normally a guy who stands by manager but I seriously doubt anyone who has watched games will have understood tactics. This is not being a guru it is fairly basic stuff. It looks like a bloke picking his best mates rather than correct choices. Preston are a team who work extremely hard for first hour and do a lot of hard running. Tire in last half hour. They have played like this for last 4/5 years at least. Therefore select guys who are best athletes and cope with physical nature of Preston's style. We did not do this. If we were unlucky fair enough but this was poor judgement and I can not see how that would improve. It was the same against Millwall.

• Like 2

Thinking it needs new manger influence. Give us a little boost.

Bully working off Bruce’s n previous managers ideas but not sure his game plan or plan B or C.

seems to give too much respect to opponents pre match. 

Play to our strengths n let them worry about us to certain extent. 

As for Alex Neil no thanks. His tactics ar disgusting. Just like Millwall. Players are told to go down at every touch. Waste time etc etc. Shocking today but not as bad as last season at their ground. 

New manager.... absolutely no idea who!!!!!!

Predicted 9 points in August at the outset, taking into account in our current situation. 

We’ll go nowhere with Bullen - middtable, thats it.  Maybe a good coach but he doesn’t have the nouse, experience etc to enable us to get results from games like this.

if DC has any ambition he needs to get someone in with some pedigree and stop prevaricating, just hoping for the best.

The longer this goes on, the more time we will waste.

We need to get this resolved ASAP.

1 minute ago, trotter said:

It’s all very well blaming Bully but some of the players need to look at themselves. 

Moses, Bannan, Murphy, FF all very poor today. 

Bully doesn't want to upset them.

He says no one gets thrown under the bus....after subbing the guy straight after the 2nd penalty.

6 minutes ago, trotter said:

It’s all very well blaming Bully but some of the players need to look at themselves. 

Moses, Bannan, Murphy, FF all very poor today. 

Agree poor apart from FF didn’t get that much of a chance really. 

Adthe made a difference n should get more minutes. 

22 minutes ago, megsonstheman said:

Aye, we shouldn't have bothered travelling, just give them the 3 points without kicking a ball cos "we never win there"WTF:

Don't be so ridiculous. We should always go into every game determined to give 100% for the cause and if we didn't then that is a matter for concern. However we have no right to play anyone home or away expecting to get three points and sadly that kind of arrogance is prevalent on this forum.

Preston is and always has been a poor place for us when it comes to both results and performances. That's not an excuse, nor is it acceptable that we don't try, but given our past record when it comes to Deepdale (similar to Highbury) I always fear the worst. Anything else is a bonus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could it be that DC has identified the manager he wants but us unable now to prise him from his present club? Someone like Cowley or Neil? I'm not claiming inside information but it does seem plausible. I'd have more sympathy for Bullen if he'd left Wednesday and gained managerial experience somewhere - anywhere. Chesterfield or Dunfermline or any club where he could learn and establish credentials. Instead, we're treading water. And that carries the risk of drowning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

We haven't won at Deepdale at this level since 1949. One player had his career ended there and nearly lost his life, another broke his leg there and never fully recovered. I've been there 7 times and only seen us win in a league cup tie!

What an earth are you rambling on about, i base this on what Ive seen I dont rate bullen one bit I want a proper manager in not a coach that gets on with the players etc.

18 minutes ago, Quist said:

If either of those were appointed I would get behind them as I did Jos although had reservations on appointment. This just looks like cheap option we are doing at moment.

I am not sure if you have been to games today is first I missed but watched on ifollow. I am normally a guy who stands by manager but I seriously doubt anyone who has watched games will have understood tactics. This is not being a guru it is fairly basic stuff. It looks like a bloke picking his best mates rather than correct choices. Preston are a team who work extremely hard for first hour and do a lot of hard running. Tire in last half hour. They have played like this for last 4/5 years at least. Therefore select guys who are best athletes and cope with physical nature of Preston's style. We did not do this. If we were unlucky fair enough but this was poor judgement and I can not see how that would improve. It was the same against Millwall.

I don’t disagree with your sentiments and I can’t imagine they’ll be anyone on here overly happy with the last couple of performances.  It’s a game of opinions and you’ll find people far more qualified than you, I or anyone else on here who perhaps have different views regarding Bullen.  

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

Ah forgive me I forgot, we're just supposed to turn up and the other team roll over and give us the three points?

Or in your book just not turn up and accept defeat bcz we always lose at deepdale right? 

1 hour ago, Rev Owl said:

Seriously when people say it's a difficult ground we haven't won since Noah etc. Do they think we're playing the same team for the last 60 years? 

It's ridiculous. 

It might be true that they're a difficult team to beat in the same season or perhaps over a couple of seasons but after that it's a different 11 v a different 11.

Lol

I've never been convinced by us playing 4-3-3. We've never had success with it in recent years, because our no10 doesn't get fair enough forward to support attacks and so we only have one man in the box usually.

Took Nuhiu coming on and 2 strikers to really put the pressure on them. We should be starting vs most teams with 2 strikers.

And Bullen won't even play 2 strikers at home. Keep Bully but no thanks as manager.