We all knew it ...Bullen isnt the man.

1 minute ago, Junglejay said:

I don’t disagree with your sentiments and I can’t imagine they’ll be anyone on here overly happy with the last couple of performances.  It’s a game of opinions and you’ll find people far more qualified than you, I or anyone else on here who perhaps have different views regarding Bullen.  

I honestly do not understand how somebody could say he is man for job or give him more time. on reflection he comes across as a nice bloke so I suppose that's a factor. 

Best coach I ever played for was a horrible person both in and outside sport.

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

I have been involved in Football for more than 55 years, watching, playing, Coaching and managing (All be it at Jnr level).

I take offence when some muppet comes on here with the knowledge probably gained from watching SKY tv and insulting me with statements like these.

If you are so knowledgeable about football tell me ONE manager who can guarantee success for us this season?.

Tommy Brown

15 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Don't be so ridiculous. We should always go into every game determined to give 100% for the cause and if we didn't then that is a matter for concern. However we have no right to play anyone home or away expecting to get three points and sadly that kind of arrogance is prevalent on this forum.

Preston is and always has been a poor place for us when it comes to both results and performances. That's not an excuse, nor is it acceptable that we don't try, but given our past record when it comes to Deepdale (similar to Highbury) I always fear the worst. Anything else is a bonus.

Think youve lost the plot...no one expected to win easily but people here do have expectations and we do like to see our side compete against a mid table side.

But then you come out with utter rounduns about not winning there since god knows when etc...what has our record have owt to do with how we played ? 

Stop making excuses up, we couldn't even get a point at Millwall when they had ten men.  We are not good and it needs sorting.  Looking at it now Bruce has left a mess behind him.  Thanks for that Steve!!!

1 hour ago, Rev Owl said:

Seriously when people say it's a difficult ground we haven't won since Noah etc. Do they think we're playing the same team for the last 60 years? 

It's ridiculous. 

It might be true that they're a difficult team to beat in the same season or perhaps over a couple of seasons but after that it's a different 11 v a different 11.

Don't suppose you could have a word with him upstairs could you? Surely must be our time coming up isn't it? At least put it to him.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

Think youve lost the plot...no one expected to win easily but people here do have expectations and we do like to see our side compete against a mid table side.

But then you come out with utter rounduns about not winning there since god knows when etc...what has our record have owt to do with how we played ? 

Nothing at all.

You're right.

We'd probably still have lost if we'd overwhelmed them.

But at least such a performance would have inspired confidence for the future.

I'm afraid that Bully Bullshit's out of his depth.

2 hours ago, fife_owl said:

If Bully stuck to the high press/ high tempo style I might be more likely to support his appointment.

But, for me, he’s gone Jos in the last three games with different tactics and selections.  We were clueless today - just ping it to Fletcher’s head.

it was clear half way through the first half that Moses was getting roasted too.

Agree with this. Doesn't appear to know his best side as yet. Substitutions somewhat hit and hope. Big decision for DC.

• Like 1

The last three performances have been very poor , and the win over Luton only papered over the cracks. I love Bully to bits, he is wednesday through and through ,and he is vital to  the club, BUT he isnt the answer to the managerial position. The sooner DC realises this, the better. 

• Like 1

I was happy when we got Bruce - not because of his tactical mastery, but because it signalled the end of us being absolute amateur behind the scenes. I don’t think bullen has the experience or clout to make demands of those above him, in the same way that I don’t think jos or Carlos wanted to. Just happy to be in the job. As much as I herald bullen and to a lesser extent weaver, seeing those two and Thompson running the show jus screams amateur. Wouldn’t expect to see it at any of the other teams wanting to finish in the top 10. The decision to not make a decision either way on bullen however is probably the most amateur part of all....

Bullen was a journeyman right back / centre half. The ‘put it into Row Z’ and/or ‘put it in the channel / on the centre forwards head’ type of defender/player. This comes across in our play at the minute and it is so out of date in today’s game if we want to progress.

We don’t have the players to play out from the back like Man City but by god we should be so much better keeping possession and looking to play forward through midfield rather than hitting 80 yard balls and hoping to get ‘flick ons!’

Edited by GMOwl72
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

You think I've lost the plot?

Says the guy who basically calls Preston a crap mid-table side but in the opening post says he wants their manager!

So you aspire to Wednesday being a crap mid table side do you or is there a lot more to Preston than that?

• Like 2