We all knew it ...Bullen isnt the man.

12 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Not sure about this as it seems to all rest on the match versus QPR.

I just have not seen the leadership, authority and and tactical awareness needed from Lee Bullen.

I did against Barnsley when they were getting on top in Midfield and he brought on Luongo and Pelupessy to support Hutchinson.

It was a brave call, but the correct one as it turned out.  I said in another thread that the worrying thing about Wednesday is that we

rarely perform for ninety minutes. If the opposition target Bannan, he can't do anything about it and we get overrun in midfield because

Lee and Hutchinson are left exposed as Bannan retreats further and further to receive the ball off Westwood or next to centre halves.

If Bannan is allowed to dictate he is one of the best midfielders in the Championship. If he isn't he might as well not play

First everyone's clamouring for a man who knows the club inside out then complains they are too familiar with the players!!!

Is Bullen the right man, we don't know.

Would Bruce or another manager have had a better start, we don't know (for the record I liked the appointment of Bruce but we did draw too many games and totally capitulated v Leeds).

Its been a reasonable start, better than previous years, some of the perfomances have been below par but on three occasion garnered results, people are accusing him of not knowing his best team, will any manager after 5 games with late recruits added to the squad. He changed tactics and got a result v Luton (that was the players decision according to one poster on here :wacko:) it seems as if he won't be accepted by some no matter what happens.

Personally I have my doubts but think the bloke needs at least 10 games, then again I'm not that desperate to get to the Prem as some are so I may be more forgiving.

8 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

I have no problems with your post or his ,I was just pointing out the 55 years bit sounded condescending to me and implying that other posters know nothing , In many post's I could throw in my history at semi pro level or otherwise from age 15 at county senior level to 56 in the unibond over 40's league   but I don't as it does not make me  superior to any  other poster and nor should it . it is just a pet hate of mine when posters try to belittle other posters with the I have done this etc so I know more than you attitude , 

Totally agree, we'll all end up sounding like Alan Irvine going on about coaching badges.  

• Like 1

I do worry that Irvine always gave the forthcoming opposition an immense build up.

Is Lee Bullen doing similar if not to the same degree?

I thought this knocked on to the way the team p[layed at Millwall which was wait for something to happen rather than make it happen.

And of course something did happen .....................Millwall scored.

20 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

regardless of how this ends I think it’s clear Bullen isn’t the man.

Yet another embarrassment of a performance against average opposition.

Picking Fox and Palmer as our full backs...honestly 

Well...……...if he hadn`t then the underdog police on here would have blown a fuse  :biggrin:

On 24/08/2019 at 17:50, Holmowl said:

What, all of us?

Ive nowhere near made up my mind.

If we beat QPR on Saturday, as we should, does 12 points out of 18 and say 4th in the table not earn him time?

Are you getting any closer to making up your mind?

More importantly, is Chansiri? I really, really hope so, as the current 'wait and see' approach is in serious danger of derailing a potentially promising season.

23 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Are you getting any closer to making up your mind?

More importantly, is Chansiri? I really, really hope so, as the current 'wait and see' approach is in serious danger of derailing a potentially promising season.

Yes I have. 

As I posted elsewhere, his flip-flop away from a 433 that had succeeded to that hopeless 442 yesterday showed huge weakness. And his mid-match management was a train-wreck.

30 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Yes I have. 

As I posted elsewhere, his flip-flop away from a 433 that had succeeded to that hopeless 442 yesterday showed huge weakness. And his mid-match management was a train-wreck.

Same here and I resent feeling guilty for thinking it.....there is no room to learn on the job, end of.

Edited by Morepork
  • Thanks 1

The worrying thing about yesterday was within 5 minutes of the second half most of the folks around us had spotted they had stuck an extra man in midfield and we were getting over run.

With only one in the front of the defence any good at tackling and Bazza on a yellow we never got near their midfield.If we could spot the problem what the hell was the staff thinking?.

I was willing to let Bully have a go and look at it at this point of the break,I think we have our answer.40 games to go ,not in a bad position ,a cup game for a new man to get a good look at his team,Time to act Mr Chairman.

13 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Yes I have. 

Fair enough. It seems the penny's dropping for more and more with each passing game.

Allowing a caretaker manager without a property coaching team to oversee the first part of the season could have a catastrophic impact on our prospects in the final reckoning. We simply can't allow any more matches to pass us by without us giving the best possible account of ourselves.

8 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Fair enough. It seems the penny's dropping for more and more with each passing game.

Allowing a caretaker manager without a property coaching team to oversee the first part of the season could have a catastrophic impact on our prospects in the final reckoning. We simply can't allow any more matches to pass us by without us giving the best possible account of ourselves.

I will be amazed and disappointed if we don’t kick off at Huddersfield under the new manager.

33 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I will be amazed and disappointed if we don’t kick off at Huddersfield under the new manager.

I'll be disappointed, but to be honest I'll be amazed if the situation has changed.

Chansiri has had fifty days to address this situation. The fact that he's been happy to let it continue for as long as it has suggests he's not feeling the same sense of urgency that we are.