We all knew it ...Bullen isnt the man.

I hate saying this because I flippinghate the pigs but Wilders interview after their game today was spot on. Bloke giving the interview goes on about players giving everything and Wilder responded with something along the lines of so what, that’s the least he expects. Exactly how I feel, our players should give 110% every game. Shouldn’t be anything special just because they do, that’s how it should be. We need more that effort, to be honest though we didn’t put anywhere near the required effort in today. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

I don't know if he's the right man but a Manager needs to have decent support staff. Bullen is currently missing the support structure, with whom he could bounce ideas off/invite critical challenge. This might have changed one or two results in our favour. One thing for certain DC needs to make a decision as to who is our manager and we can build from there. 

I wanted Bullen to get the job. Still don’t mind if he does. I more just want the situation sorted.

But I don’t agree with with his assessment of today, if that’s the standard he’s happy with then I’m not. Same with Millwall and same with Luton. We need to stop going into a game and reacting when something goes wrong or isn’t working. We need to make sure we are starting games properly. That’s become my biggest worry now.

As for people saying their are no options. Yes there are. Plenty. I personally would just be happy with a manager with a promotion from the Championship to the Premier League. Someone whose been there done it. Alex Neil at Preston has done that with Norwich, also proves we are a big fish in this pond taking another teams manager. Also Mick McCarthy, possibly a tough one a he’s managing Ireland but I don’t see it as being impossible to prise him away, 2 Promotions, overachiever at Ipswich and wasn’t till he left you realise how well he was actually doing. 

6 hours ago, kingsidney said:

When that many players are off, it’s probably the tactics. 

I disagree. It’s not the tactics that gave away 2 daft penalties.

It’s not tactics when our midfield players can’t execute simple passes.  Bannan’s passing in particular was poor yesterday. 

The problem with a supply teacher is that it only works for so long, needs certainty and a long term vision to buy into.

Going game to game breeds uncertainty and a drop in motivation, unconsciously rather than on purpose which is why we've seen a steady decline in performances, masked by a positive result v Luton (against a promoted team in poorer form)

A decision needs to be made.

To be fair this sort of performance has happened for the last 20 years, regardless of who's been in charge.

We gave the game away.

Bully might not be the man but these players could let any manager down.

We've too many inconsistent players like fox and reach just to name two.

17 hours ago, Rogers said:

Are the same people who are in the Bullen camp, the same people who were in the Jos camp? 

Its obvious we we have a set of fans that would rather waste season after season dithering over things and no being able to see when there’s a problem 

OK solve the problem, which manager would have to get us promotion this season?

Edited by Mycroft

52 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

OK solve the problem, which manager would have to get us promotion this season?

Obviously without interviewing anyone personally, knowing who’s actually interested, or knowing the salary budget, it’s a difficult question to answer.  

I picked out Hughton from the second Bruce was being mentioned by Newcastle. But it looks like he’s not interested. 

If Leeds went out and got Bielsa, I don’t know why won’t we can’t expand beyond the 5 British managers out of work that keep being mentioned. 

Having said that I’d still rather have Rowett than Bullen. Definitely Big Sam 

Just now, Rogers said:

Obviously without interviewing anyone personally, knowing who’s actually interested, or knowing the salary budget, it’s a difficult question to answer.  

I picked out Hughton from the second Bruce was being mentioned by Newcastle. But it looks like he’s not interested. 

If Leeds went out and got Bielsa, I don’t know why won’t we can’t expand beyond the 5 British managers out of work that keep being mentioned. 

Having said that I’d still rather have Rowett than Bullen. Definitely Big Sam 

Rowett failed three times in the playoffs, CC failed twice is it a good idea to get someone who has failed more times than the most vilified manger we have ever had on social media?

Big sam might be a decent shout not sure of his play off  record, image he would be very expensive.