We all knew it ...Bullen isnt the man.

19 hours ago, Junglejay said:

Considering Bullen probably has 30odd years experience within professional football, I’d suggest your 40 years in “sport” isn’t really comparable.  Especially when supporting your argument that you’re right and Bullen and anyone else who supports him is some kind of clown.  

I’m not saying he’s the right Man and you clearly don’t think he is, but you can’t go round having a dig at anyone who actually supports Bullen like your some kind of football Messiah. 

he was only answering the poster who threw the 55 years in football etc  post ,if people post such things then there will be a reaction just as you have to  done here , swings and roundabouts mate ,

I think we’ve seen enough this season so far to be able to make a judgement call on this. Personally like most Wednesday fans I really like Bullen, he’s a great loyal bloke and would walk over hot coals for us. 

Winning 3 out of 5 is a pretty decent return too, you cannot knock that. But I think you have to look at the details here. 

The team and tactics he put out against Preston shows at best how naive he is as a manager. Going 4-3-3 there firstly was an error for me. When you don’t have the ball then Murphy and Harris become luxury players that are not in the game and add very little defensively and expose possibly the weakest area of our team - at full back. 

secondly he got it all wrong in central midfield. I knew we would lose the match as soon as I saw the midfield three, way too lightweight. It’s a physical battle there and you can’t play your football until you match them physically in the middle of the park. I’m really surprised Luongo didn’t start. 

If there isnt isn’t a change soon and a new manager appointed then Bullen is going to get hung out to dry by our fans which would be a real shame for a great bloke and true club man.....

• Thanks 1

Last 4 games (except Barnsley 2nd half) have been poor and must now be time for decision.  It’s a tough one when Bullen seems such a decent bloke, but the suggestion by some that he must stay because no there is no realistic candidate who could do better is starting to wear a little thin.

to put it kindly we have been very poor last 3 games ive watched them all not the highlights what might make us look better than we are, we have had 5 out of the 6 games which are by far the easiest what we could have had , by October if this woeful play and tactics continue we will be in the bottom 6. action is needed bullen is tactically inept and is way too friendly with the players ,we all like bully but as a coach I wouldn't like to see him get any kind of booing /abuse in the future. 

Every club has got a Bullen and their loyalty doesn’t come into question. But how many Premier league clubs would appoint a member of the coaching staff to be the full time manager. Lower league maybe but not top flight. Love Bully but we need experience and a comprehensive knowledge of the Championship. 

UP THE OWLS!!!!!

3 hours ago, Sticky belly said:

I think we’ve seen enough this season so far to be able to make a judgement call on this. Personally like most Wednesday fans I really like Bullen, he’s a great loyal bloke and would walk over hot coals for us. 

Winning 3 out of 5 is a pretty decent return too, you cannot knock that. But I think you have to look at the details here. 

The team and tactics he put out against Preston shows at best how naive he is as a manager. Going 4-3-3 there firstly was an error for me. When you don’t have the ball then Murphy and Harris become luxury players that are not in the game and add very little defensively and expose possibly the weakest area of our team - at full back. 

secondly he got it all wrong in central midfield. I knew we would lose the match as soon as I saw the midfield three, way too lightweight. It’s a physical battle there and you can’t play your football until you match them physically in the middle of the park. I’m really surprised Luongo didn’t start. 

If there isnt isn’t a change soon and a new manager appointed then Bullen is going to get hung out to dry by our fans which would be a real shame for a great bloke and true club man.....

Can you write a similar account for Saturday's match in the next couple of days then see how it compares to the actual game?  If its accurate i'm making a call for you to become manager.

• Haha 1

I thought that Wednesday Fan made a really good point in the post:

Every club has got a Bullen and their loyalty doesn’t come into question. But how many Premier league clubs would appoint a member of the coaching staff to be the full time manager. Lower league maybe but not top flight. Love Bully but we need experience and a comprehensive knowledge of the Championship

This is so true and when such an appointment happens it rarely works.

On 25/08/2019 at 13:57, trevdi9 said:

he was only answering the poster who threw the 55 years in football etc  post ,if people post such things then there will be a reaction just as you have to  done here , swings and roundabouts mate ,

I know, although the original poster who threw in the 55 years didn't follow this up with  "Those who support Bullen have not much of a football brain or do not understand football or go to games three sheets to wind".   

I didn't necessarily disagree with his position on Bullen, I was simply trying to point out that experience counts for nothing when it comes to personal opinions regarding football.  The personal opinion of someone who has just started watching football is as valid as someone in their 70's who has devoted their life to the game. 

On a daily basis I see views on here I completely disagree with, doesn't mean to say I should question that posters football brain, or insinuate that they don't understand football - it's their personal opinion.       

• Like 1

If he's going to give it to Bullen, give it to him. 

Whilever he's 'standing in' , however much effort he puts in, it won't be "the full Bullen"

All tactical and experience stuff aside, the real issue here is that he can't go the full gun - because he might have to go back to being the players friend if a new man comes in and won't risk alienating anyone. 

Only if he's given it full time will it release him from the shackles of being players confidant. Only given it full time will he be able to crack heads together.

We won't really know how could he can be until he can fully do the job. At the moment he's only being allowed to play at it. 

• Like 1

I thought the most powerful post on this topic was the comment and I am paraphrasing:

"If you want promotion this season then you do not appoint Lee Bullen."

If I had put in excess of circa £100 million into SWFC I would not dream of appointing a temporary caretaker who has never managed a football club in his life.

If we have to wait until the international break to get a proper manager in then so be it.

34 minutes ago, Junglejay said:

I know, although the original poster who threw in the 55 years didn't follow this up with  "Those who support Bullen have not much of a football brain or do not understand football or go to games three sheets to wind".   

I didn't necessarily disagree with his position on Bullen, I was simply trying to point out that experience counts for nothing when it comes to personal opinions regarding football.  The personal opinion of someone who has just started watching football is as valid as someone in their 70's who has devoted their life to the game. 

On a daily basis I see views on here I completely disagree with, doesn't mean to say I should question that posters football brain, or insinuate that they don't understand football - it's their personal opinion.       

I have no problems with your post or his ,I was just pointing out the 55 years bit sounded condescending to me and implying that other posters know nothing , In many post's I could throw in my history at semi pro level or otherwise from age 15 at county senior level to 56 in the unibond over 40's league   but I don't as it does not make me  superior to any  other poster and nor should it . it is just a pet hate of mine when posters try to belittle other posters with the I have done this etc so I know more than you attitude , 

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I'm probably missing something here.. it's been known..why is the international break significant in appointing a manager?

I suppose six games is a reasonable sample.

Four wins and two defeats, sitting comfortably in the play-offs, would DC give him more time? I would for sure.

Three wins three defeats, mid-table, the international break is a good two-week window to say thanks and give the new man a week or so with the squad ahead of Huddersfield.

• Thanks 1