Flattering To Deceive

3 minutes ago, ... said:

Top of the League and won 3/4 but it’s not pretty. 

If we play like that against the top teams in the division we will struggle.

that could easily have been a draw without the keeper howler. 

I still think we need to appoint a manager that isn’t Bullen, he’s done a great job a brilliant job but nows the time.

Who are the top teams?????? 9 from 12.... great start

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

That 1st half will have done Bullen no favours. However we won the game and that’s all that matters. Yes we should be beating teams like Luton and things will be a lot tougher when we play the better teams. Still don’t think Bullen is the answer long term but he deserves a few more games as caretaker imo. 

That's a fair ascertain.

Not hit any kind of stride yet.  It's still August and we'll hopefully get better as the new lads continue to settle in. 

I doubt we'll stay at the top for too long, but give it time and see where we are and how we're playing in a few months.  Far from the finished article but finding a way to win, that'll do for me. 

1 minute ago, deano said:

Plenty will disagree which is fair enough but I do agree. Hope to be proved wrong but I fear what will happen against the better teams. 

Echo the sentiment. Tactically Lee hasn't set us up particularly well (imo) to exploit other teams weaknesses. We've been lucky tonight but while I think with lee at the helm we definitely won't go down but I also wouldn't expect us to end up challenging either. 

A good manager would have us pushing for top 6 if not 4th or 5th. 

3 minutes ago, ... said:

No problem but can’t ride your luck forever 

How is one game riding our luck? We were great against the 6 fingered ones, lost at millwall while playing well. Grinding out results while not at your best is the sign of a good side. You know, instead of losing games while not playing your best.

8 minutes ago, ... said:

I still think we need to appoint a manager that isn’t Bullen, he’s done a great job a brilliant job but nows the time.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

In this league you take what you can get. Surely nobody expects to win attractively or even convincingly every game. There are plenty of unanswered questions about the wisdom of our current situation but I can't bring myself to criticise a win. 

9 minutes ago, ... said:

Did you enjoy your first game at the lane on Sunday?