BULLEN OUT...!

He is saving DC money though, it's true.

If there's someone like Mourinho yeah bring him in but otherwise I'm happy for Bully to carry on.

No need to give him the job though atm.

Would be crazy to. We'd have to pay him off if it went downhill fast and we'd lose him from the club.

I'm not really that fussed about the likes of Rowett myself. Maybe Bully is more of a tactician than I believed he was.Time will tell.

His team selection is good and he wants to play good attacking football, so let him carry on.

But let's not give him a 4 year deal just yet.

Bullen's worked under lots of 'managers'and gained lots of experience knows us inside out, the players are playing for him, they all seem happy and focused,  i love how he puts arm around players on way off like Guardiola, he's done well in transfer market.. People talk of Cowley, Rowett, etc but they could come in and ruffle the feathers cos players are obviously happy & thats what counts..  No brainer to me. 

• Like 1

It’ll be interested to see how he reacts on the back of a defeat or two. Under previous caretaker periods he seemed quite rattled   after a poor performance,  but let’s hope he’s learned from the experience. Of the alternative managers out there Hughton is the only stand out option, so I reckon Bullen’s in the driving seat if he can keep the team progressing.

47 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

You don't know that, no one knows that, even Bullen........but he deserves the chance imo.

I don't believe he does.

He isn't qualified. Simple as.

Romantic, he's one of us etc doesn't cut it.

If we don't appoint a genuine, manager, it will cost Bully his coaching job with us.

• Haha 1

The thing is, people are saying it’s only two wins, and that’s true, but in my opinion, we aren’t a top six side We will get defeats, and quite possibly a run of them, but just as a few wins don’t mean Bullen should get the job, then a run of defeats won’t mean that he shouldn’t 

56 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Not falling for the euphoria.

Good caretaker, but not the man longterm.

I agree. At times today Barnsley played much better football. Luckily, we have much better players. I think a decent manager will get us playing some great football and games like today will be 4 or 5 nowts not 2 nowts. 

Make him caretaker manager for time being and review after 10 games.

If it's working stick with it.

If it's not working he can step back into previous role. Just takes the pressure off. 

39 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We’re better than Reading, Barnsley, Millwall and Luton are, so we should be picking up 9-12 points from these games. We find out where we’re at when we play last season’s play off teams and the relegated ones.

But think we could potentially be top at the end of August so can’t see Bullen not getting a go at it now. Also wouldn’t surprise me if he brought Brian Laws back as his assistant 

Now that is an interesting shout. Is it based on any more than Bullen having played under Laws? 

37 minutes ago, woodys said:

Trouble is if he gets the job full time if/when it doesn’t work out that’s probably him done at the club. I’d much rather we get someone in and he carries on long into the future with us as coach or what have you as I think personally he’s a valuable asset the club

Do you think it better that he dies an old man and is buried under the North Stand as a loyal servant? Sooner or later he has to step up. I don't know if now is the right time but sure as hell you can't never do it just because of what might happen. If you go through life with that attitude you'll only ever fizz munters. 

33 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

he doesn't need an 'extended trial' he doesn't need a title, keep the pressure off him and let him do what he is doing until he proves himself one way or another.

I'd like to think DC has given him a date. Doesn't need to tell us. But he can say 'Lee, it's yours until X and then we will talk again' without consulting the great unwashed of Owlstalk. 

24 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Extednded trial??

Oh FFS!! What's Fernando done now lol

Been a cheeky monkey as per flipping usual 

23 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

I don't believe he does.

He isn't qualified. Simple as.

You'd prefer a proven failure like Rowett or Monk? 

We're not getting Hughton. The fans won't accept a proven winner like Pullis. 

Holloway is inexplicably out of the running. 

3 minutes ago, hatcheeks said:

I agree. At times today Barnsley played much better football. Luckily, we have much better players. I think a decent manager will get us playing some great football and games like today will be 4 or 5 nowts not 2 nowts. 

The truth is in past seasons we would have struggled against teams like Reading and Barnsley. Reading, Millwall and Rotherham in February last season all draws against struggling teams when we had hit a bit of form. We should have beaten them  but we didn't get out of first gear. How many times have we played great against decent sides and rubbish against bottom of the league teams.

At least we have beaten what has been put in front of us and many fans thought today might be a banana skin.

I'm not convinced Bullen is the man we need but there's no harm in waiting to see how things develop. If we can continue winning games that we should win that will be a big step forward. Like everyone else I'm interested in how we cope with quality teams, how will Bullen adapt against a tactically astute manager. Does he have what it takes to switch tactics when needed as a game develops.

2 wins out of 2 has got to be great for the teams confidence, keep winning and we might make a habit of it. Some teams don't know how to lose, they just find a way to win. I hope we become that sort of team because they are the ones that get promoted. Too early to say if we are promotion candidates yet.

• Like 3

Guest LondonOwl313
14 minutes ago, prowl said:

The truth is in past seasons we would have struggled against teams like Reading and Barnsley. Reading, Millwall and Rotherham in February last season all draws against struggling teams when we had hit a bit of form. We should have beaten them  but we didn't get out of first gear. How many times have we played great against decent sides and rubbish against bottom of the league teams.

At least we have beaten what has been put in front of us and many fans thought today might be a banana skin.

I'm not convinced Bullen is the man we need but there's no harm in waiting to see how things develop. If we can continue winning games that we should win that will be a big step forward. Like everyone else I'm interested in how we cope with quality teams, how will Bullen adapt against a tactically astute manager. Does he have what it takes to switch tactics when needed as a game develops.

2 wins out of 2 has got to be great for the teams confidence, keep winning and we might make a habit of it. Some teams don't know how to lose, they just find a way to win. I hope we become that sort of team because they are the ones that get promoted. Too early to say if we are promotion candidates yet.

Think the difference is having some pace and athleticism in the team.. if you look at the results over the last 4 years (ignoring the waste of time Jos spell), we’ve done well against the better sides generally but dropped points against the rubbish teams near the bottom.. MK Dons, Burton Albion, Charlton, Rotherham etc. 

That has to be because we’ve got good footballers but no plan B direct style, so when teams sit in and play compact we struggled to play through them. We have that change of style available to us now so fancy us to beat the lesser sides more easily