BULLEN OUT...!

12 hours ago, George said:

Now that is an interesting shout. Is it based on any more than Bullen having played under Laws? 

Do you think it better that he dies an old man and is buried under the North Stand as a loyal servant? Sooner or later he has to step up. I don't know if now is the right time but sure as hell you can't never do it just because of what might happen. If you go through life with that attitude you'll only ever fizz munters. 

I'd like to think DC has given him a date. Doesn't need to tell us. But he can say 'Lee, it's yours until X and then we will talk again' without consulting the great unwashed of Owlstalk. 

whilst I think it's week by week, and see how it goes.

Has Bully actually come out and said he wants the job? 

He went a bit cryptic when asked the question about it in the post match interview yesterday. 

Said his focus was on preparing the team for the next match and that the decision was out of his hands.

Which hints that he has thrown his hat in the the ring. 

If so I'd like to see him given a chance and if the bubble bursts drop into a supporting role again. 

Is that even possible? 

He's an asset to the club and I'd hate to see him go because he was willing to test himself by stepping up to the plate. 

Key to Bullen currently is he has continued the momentum after the Steve’s era. Playing with confidence, high press and players are backing him as it is clear to see on the pitch.

No candidate has stood out who could come in and do a decent job (except Hughton). I think Bullen should be given the opportunity. 

FFP means that this season we are not going to throw money at trying to get promoted.

I think as long as results stay decent (top half of the league), DC will be in no rush to appoint.

I'm sure he's looking and considering options, but LB (as already stated) saves us a fair bit of cash by holding the top job indefinitely.

1 minute ago, aussieowl87 said:

FFP means that this season we are not going to throw money at trying to get promoted.

I think as long as results stay decent (top half of the league), DC will be in no rush to appoint.

I'm sure he's looking and considering options, but LB (as already stated) saves us a fair bit of cash by holding the top job indefinitely.

Not sure saving a bit of cash is the greatest reason to extend Bullens stint as caretaker!!!

1 minute ago, tommycockles said:

Not sure saving a bit of cash is the greatest reason to extend Bullens stint as caretaker!!!

It just feels like a transition season. That there's no point in appointing someone to take over an inflated squad that on paper will probably fall short of playoffs. So why rush an appointment if things are settled enough and expectations are being met?

1 minute ago, aussieowl87 said:

It just feels like a transition season. That there's no point in appointing someone to take over an inflated squad that on paper will probably fall short of playoffs. So why rush an appointment if things are settled enough and expectations are being met?

To be fair, what's it been so far since bruce left?, about a month?, and still no permanent manager !, not sure that constitutes rushing an appointment !?

Ive no issue with Bullen, but surely it'd settle everyone down if DC made a definite statement, Bullen or otherwise, to remove air of doubt & uncertainty that currently exists ?

Bullen:

Played: 10

Won: 5

Draws: 3

Loses: 2

Win ratio: 50%

Over a season average

Wins: 22

Draws: 13

Losses: 10

Don’t fix what isn’t broken imo. 

Managers have to start somewhere, don’t buy into the learn the ropes in the lower leagues. If you are good enough you are good enough. 

Lets not under estimate Neil Thompson’s role in this either. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Bullen is doing very well so far. However we have played 2 of the poorer teams in the league. As I said I would like to see how he copes against a better quality of opposition before he gets the permanent job. 

You could say that of anyone appointed. He has 6 pts from 6, agree its early days but i think he should be given 3 or 4 months and see how it goes. Let him carry on and see what happens. If he is around top 8 in 3 months time then he can stay for me.

41 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

To be fair, what's it been so far since bruce left?, about a month?, and still no permanent manager !, not sure that constitutes rushing an appointment !?

Ive no issue with Bullen, but surely it'd settle everyone down if DC made a definite statement, Bullen or otherwise, to remove air of doubt & uncertainty that currently exists ?

Yep, I'd agree with that too.

• Like 1

We all said 1st 5 games need to pick up serious points to make a statement,and all pretty winnable If we are good enough,whoever was in charge.Just dont want Bully to mess up get boot if it goes wrong,be awkward for DC to get rid,saw that with Jos n Carlos too long,then Bullen to loose respect of players being put back as coach if he's lucky to be kept on.Could go really wrong,keep him as Mr Dependable as he has been for years.....Imo......UTO FTB....

Guest Kameron

I’m not getting carried away until we’ve played a decent opposition,  Barnsley we’re a poor side but we allowed them to control large parts of the game, one up top is negative football, we need a top manager because as the coming weeks will show Bullen is completely out of his depth.  You’ll all be screaming for his head come December.

4 minutes ago, Kameron said:

I’m not getting carried away until we’ve played a decent opposition,  Barnsley we’re a poor side but we allowed them to control large parts of the game, one up top is negative football, we need a top manager because as the coming weeks will show Bullen is completely out of his depth.  You’ll all be screaming for his head come December.

I get what you’re saying but we’ve previously played one up top with no traditional wingers supporting the lone man.

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Can see where you're coming from mate but I reckon there's not that much to choose between most sides in the division. Been a reyt mixed bag of results as yet, (though obviously early days.)

Although Barnsley saw more of the ball and at least tried to attack it was largely ineffectual... personally thought we controlled the game much better than in the recent past.

When we did have the ball we were far from negative.... lots of attacking runs from wide positions, plenty of one on ones and could/should easily have won by more than 2.

Whether down to Lee Bullen or not I don't know, but I reckon an even half decent manager would struggle not to do a good job with the playing staff we have right now. Here's hoping anyhow!

2 hours ago, billyblack said:

You could say that of anyone appointed. He has 6 pts from 6, agree its early days but i think he should be given 3 or 4 months and see how it goes. Let him carry on and see what happens. If he is around top 8 in 3 months time then he can stay for me.

Think it would be an insult to Bullen to let it drift any longer than August (one way or the other).  Everyone needs certainty.  Sure DC wouldn't go for the 'see what happens' as this doesn't seem to be his 'family' approach.  Respect the man and give him the reins, then we have a clear picture of the road ahead