BULLEN OUT...!

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

He will get the job, personally not sure it’s the correct decision and would rather wait until we play top opposition to see if he can cut it. However he will get my full backing if he does get it. 

Didn't you say Bullen =Relegation form?

Give Bullen till the end of the month.  If we keep it up like this, come September, then Bullen deserves a crack at it.  It would also allow us to be a bit more flexible financially speaking.  

Stability and continuity is key.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m all for giving him a proper opportunity, maybe not officially appointing him just yet, but a proper extended trial  None of the other mentioned candidates, Hughton apart, inspire any real confidence. It was the sensible decision to let Bullen take the reins for that reason, plus he’d overseen pre season, and probably knew our transfer targets  Since then, he’s won 2 out of 2, but it’s the manner in which those wins have been achieved.  Early days, but the signs are good, far more attacking than under Bruce, and it looks like Bullen has introduced some professionalism, as witnessed last week, when we were down to ten men. 

Guest LondonOwl313

We’re better than Reading, Barnsley, Millwall and Luton are, so we should be picking up 9-12 points from these games. We find out where we’re at when we play last season’s play off teams and the relegated ones.

But think we could potentially be top at the end of August so can’t see Bullen not getting a go at it now. Also wouldn’t surprise me if he brought Brian Laws back as his assistant 

Trouble is if he gets the job full time if/when it doesn’t work out that’s probably him done at the club. I’d much rather we get someone in and he carries on long into the future with us as coach or what have you as I think personally he’s a valuable asset the club

23 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

You don't know that, no one knows that, even Bullen........but he deserves the chance imo.

What's he done to deserve a chance though won a handful of games? If we're still in playoff form 2/3 months from now fair play but if things don't go well and we fall off and are unable to turn it around even with a new manager, much like last season with Bruce where we just missed out, could you say it was really worth the risk to give Bullen a chance? I hope we get a manager who knows the league and has a good record then we can tell ourselves we did everything possible to make promotion happen, there's been too much f*uking about at the club for the last few years and these are the few years we have an actual chance of promotion

35 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

He will get the job, personally not sure it’s the correct decision and would rather wait until we play top opposition to see if he can cut it. However he will get my full backing if he does get it. 

I very much doubt he'll get the job yet, another 4/5 games needed to assess the start, bigger fish to fry than t'dingles.

I just don’t see how he doesn’t get it now. He’s in my opinion earned the right for a crack at the job. Wasn’t ever my first choice but Lee Bullen has worked his way from the bottom of this club too the top and is an exceptional coach otherwise he wouldn’t have been kept on all previous coaching staffs. We’ll never know if he’s right for the job until he gets it, but bloody hell what an audition for it. 

Edited by 1993swfc

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m all for giving him a proper opportunity, maybe not officially appointing him just yet, but a proper extended trial  None of the other mentioned candidates, Hughton apart, inspire any real confidence. It was the sensible decision to let Bullen take the reins for that reason, plus he’d overseen pre season, and probably knew our transfer targets  Since then, he’s won 2 out of 2, but it’s the manner in which those wins have been achieved.  Early days, but the signs are good, far more attacking than under Bruce, and it looks like Bullen has introduced some professionalism, as witnessed last week, when we were down to ten men. 

he doesn't need an 'extended trial' he doesn't need a title, keep the pressure off him and let him do what he is doing until he proves himself one way or another.

2 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

he doesn't need an 'extended trial' he doesn't need a title, keep the pressure off him and let him do what he is doing until he proves himself one way or another.

Yes, an extended trial. That’s what I was suggesting, not an official title, just the time to see what he can bring to the role So far, so good, both on, and off the pitch