BULLEN OUT...!

Guest LondonOwl313
24 minutes ago, George said:

Now that is an interesting shout. Is it based on any more than Bullen having played under Laws? 

Do you think it better that he dies an old man and is buried under the North Stand as a loyal servant? Sooner or later he has to step up. I don't know if now is the right time but sure as hell you can't never do it just because of what might happen. If you go through life with that attitude you'll only ever fizz munters. 

I'd like to think DC has given him a date. Doesn't need to tell us. But he can say 'Lee, it's yours until X and then we will talk again' without consulting the great unwashed of Owlstalk. 

Was just a hunch.. he’s doing our games for Radio Sheffield now and think he’d be open to it if asked. If we go down the Bullen route he’d likely benefit from having an experienced assistant but one he can work with without thinking they’d like to take the top job off him. Know each other from playing under him before.. could be a good fit if Bullen gets the job full time 

Think it was dear old Howard Wilkinson that said you can’t tell how the season’s going till ten games in.

I would like to see him given an extended trial as head coach until then which will be the end of September.

If we’re in the top six by then he deserves to be manager.

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I don't,

that's why I said may .....

And I also used  Color wrong to make him feel at ease 

Its a Gray area this spelling malarkey......

Color isn't a wrong spelling you English snob 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, keepitsteel89 said:

What's he done to deserve a chance though won a handful of games? If we're still in playoff form 2/3 months from now fair play but if things don't go well and we fall off and are unable to turn it around even with a new manager, much like last season with Bruce where we just missed out, could you say it was really worth the risk to give Bullen a chance? I hope we get a manager who knows the league and has a good record then we can tell ourselves we did everything possible to make promotion happen, there's been too much f*uking about at the club for the last few years and these are the few years we have an actual chance of promotion

I totally understand the reasoning for not wanting Bullen in as manager.

But we might just be on to something good here, every manager has to start somewhere, Bullen in his 3 spells in charge has gradually got better at it.

The players are playing for him, they might actually want him to get the job, a new manager might totally upset the old apple cart, there's too many unknowns, especially with the ones available.

I'm all for giving Lee a run, we have 7 more games before we have to give him it permanently, ......although I'm pretty sure this is exactly what's happening.

Will everyone still want a new manager if he wins them all?

Anybody that has Pussycat anywhere near the first team ought to be fired immediately.

Mind you, how Joey has the nerve to wear them boots does make one respect his bravery.

My wheelie bin ought to get on the bench next week

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Not falling for the euphoria.

Good caretaker, but not the man longterm.

While I agree, deserves a lot of credit today. Tactically he got it spot on and managed the game well. 

Thought this would be a big test for him and he passed with flying colours. 

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

I don't believe he does.

He isn't qualified. Simple as.

Romantic, he's one of us etc doesn't cut it.

If we don't appoint a genuine, manager, it will cost Bully his coaching job with us.

I still haven't forgiven Bullen for siding with Allen that time, so I'm far from being romantically involved.

Any manager's a risk, but he's doing well so far, we all love a high press 4-3-3 don't we?

If we don't give Bullen the job I suspect he'll eventually leave anyway.

1 hour ago, George said:

Do you think it better that he dies an old man and is buried under the North Stand as a loyal servant? Sooner or later he has to step up. I don't know if now is the right time but sure as hell you can't never do it just because of what might happen. If you go through life with that attitude you'll only ever fizz munters. 

You make decent and valid point mate. To cut my long story short if I was choosing right now I wouldnt want him as manager but would want him as part of the coaching setup 

I know some fans are saying we have only played Reading and Barnsley and not the top sides yet. Seem to recall Barnsley beat promotion favourites, Fulham and that Reading only lost two home games in the second half of last season. Let's not belittle our achievements. 'There are no easy matches in the Championship' is an oft used phrase for a reason. 

There's no rush to change anything as it is. If we're still competing in the top six after 10-15 games we'd be mad not to give him the job, just as Stuart Gray eventually tristed Mandaric's arm to make him permanent.

Talk of Bullen not having enough experience is just silly, every world class manager who ever lived started with no experience and I'm really not sure why that needs pointing out!

Also - as it stands, his record as our (caretaker) manager is probably up there with some of the best managers we've ever had, albeit on obviously a much smaller sample size of games.

We've got Leeds in 12 games... Another 6-0 against them would seal the deal again nicely lol