BULLEN OUT...!

18 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

I'd be worried if we were to have a solskjaer kind of moment here. Amazing when hes caretaker, given the role and the team take foot off the gas then it goes pear shaped for him ...

This this this.

No need to rush or make a decision.

Leave it be...see how we are after 10-12 games.

We can't afford to make the wrong choice and Bullen isn't going to walk if he doesn't get offered the job right away.

We literally have no reason to rush into a decision. 

Wait...let things progress naturally.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, trev said:

This this this.

We can't afford to make the wrong choice and Bullen isn't going to walk if he doesn't get offered the job right away.

I agree, though you have to accept that if we do want to leave it ten or twelve games managers like Rowett or Monk may well be no longer available.

I do not envy DC this decision as LB has done really well so far and has saved him serious money.

5 hours ago, hangonrose said:

Think it would be an insult to Bullen to let it drift any longer than August (one way or the other).  Everyone needs certainty.  Sure DC wouldn't go for the 'see what happens' as this doesn't seem to be his 'family' approach.  Respect the man and give him the reins, then we have a clear picture of the road ahead

I think so too, he'll be off to real madrid if we don't secure him...

oh! hold on. NO he won't.

put him in for the half dozen, then the full dozen, if he's good enough take it from there.

there's better sides waiting down the road than the 2 we've played.

do nothing daft

4 hours ago, trev said:

This this this.

BANG ON.

just silly to do otherwise.

let him prove himself...

4 hours ago, trev said:

This this this.

Yes no need to change anything

Not sure if seriouz on here sometimes, I only said it because he brought Joey on.

LumiBoots and all.

I've painted the wheels on mi' bin lime green, put it in the middle of the lawn and left it 15 mins.

Same result as yesterday tbh.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 11/08/2019 at 02:50, Highbury Owl said:

A few more wins and maybe Hughton might get interested again. 

Don’t want him then. Should have been interested from the bloody beginning!!

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Great coach, fantastic person to have at the club but I honestly don't think he is the long term answer for our manager.

What about under a DoF though?

Let's face it. The real reason that many fans don't want Bullen to be manager on a permanent basis is because Bullen has been with the club for so long and now he's part of the furniture (in a good way).

We all want Bullen to stay for as long as he can but we all know that the lifespan of a football manager is counted in weeks and not years.

We can have Bully as manager. We can have Bully remaining as the heartbeat of the club for a long time. But we can't have both.

I hope the chairman doesn't rush to appoint Bullen. Why not keep him in the caretaker role. I remember Ole at Man Utd overseeing a great run of results in the caretaker role. As soon as he got the job full time the results nose dived. Keeping him in the caretaker role over a stretch gives him an extended go at it and which allows for better assessment. It also gives possibility for a suitable match to come along. More suitable than what's available now. And, as I've pointed out, if he's winning as a caretaker then keep him as a caretaker or the dynamics can change. Do it the right way DC and don't fall to the media frenzy of wanting an appointment soon.