Club Statement

4 hours ago, prowl said:

Don't give away fans any allocation. Owls fans can then exit where they want and the North can retain it's current capacity.

I don't want to stop away fans attending but if they want to reduce capacity because of this farce I'd prefer to look after our own as a priority.

That's fine until we get to the Premiership when you have to give something like 3k to the away side I think.

Unfortunately Wednesday have to take some of the blame for this, we should have knocked down LL many years ago.

Just now, BRADDO said:

This whole situation is quite simply a farce and utter disgrace. 

SAG are an absolute fu.ckin farce. Childish, not fit for purpose and clearly have other agendas . The cu.nts want slapping about. Fu.ck me right off. I was proper looking forward to tomorrow and these fu.ckin wan.kers are giving me the hump.

Just now, TINGLE75 said:

Yeah leppings lane is not fit for purpose. You go to the cop and South entrance and it looks quality bit round away end and that side of the North, it's looks like it's not been touched for 20 + years.

Well it hasn’t really! We’ve been skint for 80% of that time. 

6 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

Football as we once knew it is dying a slow death. It gets more sanitised  as the  seasons go by. 

Yes even the chants are now monitored, they're either racist, homophobic or contribute to hate crime!  

Just now, TINGLE75 said:

Yeah leppings lane is not fit for purpose. You go to the cop and South entrance and it looks quality bit round away end and that side of the North, it's looks like it's not been touched for 20 + years.

It was last touched about 1991 when the walls and turnstiles were altered as required by the Taylor report thus enabling the seated lower West to be used. Frankly, it certainly no worse than the row of turnstiles on Penistone Rd

6 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

SAG are an absolute fu.ckin farce. Childish, not fit for purpose and clearly have other agendas . The cu.nts want slapping about. Fu.ck me right off. I was proper looking forward to tomorrow and these fu.ckin wan.kers are giving me the hump.

You're a little more vociferous than me but I'm with you. 

2 hours ago, Kevan said:

They ( SYP / SAG) have not offered a proper explanation for their concerns about the alleged unsafe aspect of fans entering the North stand via Leppings Lane.  It's all very 'woolly' and lacking in detail.  It would be interesting to get hold of a copy of this report which has been done and find out what the detailed concerns are.

Anyone got any idea if we can insist that it's made public?

Not read the whole thread so sorry if this has already been posted but the report conducted by MMU can be found here:

https://www.southyorks.police.uk/media/4337/crowd-risk-analysis-hillsborough-stadium-south-yorks-police.pdf

Conclusion - SWFC v SUFC 04/03/19

A large weight can be placed on poor fan behaviour and the additional tension and crowd reactions found at local derbies, to the areas and Figures highlighted in this section, but other factors discussed here play a significant part in the events seen.

It has been detailed about the location of the coaches and the effect it has had on the crowd flow and this should be not underestimated but other factors need to be considered. Two of the main points under consideration need to be looked at; namely the potential for a “Holdback” of away fans to prevent both teams leaving at the same time, but also the change in egress direction for the home fans leaving the North Stand. 

Owlstalk Shop

29 minutes ago, Dot said:

If my seat is not free I might jump into Andy's, he sits just behind me

fizz him

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He will be there in it

He gets to the ground about 5 hours before kickoff usually

lol

27 minutes ago, Dot said:

Yes and he waits till 7.30pm to leave

make sure he gets his moneys worth 

27 minutes ago, axolotl said:

We @ANDY get there a casual 3 hours early, thank you very much lol

Be in the Tap from 11;30

The North Stand currently holds, or has capacity to hold, around 10,000 spectators. As mentioned, SWFC staff anticipate and estimate that around 50% of this stand egresses to the West. By removing a footfall in the area by potentially 5,000 fans the area is immediately easier to manage.

Cross Over and Cross Flow

By egressing the home fans in a separate direction and area this eradicates the potential for any cross over or cross flow of rival fans. Away fans visiting the ground will egress in to a typically sterile area, thus minimizing the risk of home fans being in the vicinity. Scenes described and detailed earlier in the two match day analyses should be minimised or eradicated should this option of a single away egress area be confirmed.

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Conclusion - SWFC v SUFC 04/03/19

A large weight can be placed on poor fan behaviour and the additional tension and crowd reactions found at local derbies, to the areas and Figures highlighted in this section, but other factors discussed here play a significant part in the events seen.

It has been detailed about the location of the coaches and the effect it has had on the crowd flow and this should be not underestimated but other factors need to be considered. Two of the main points under consideration need to be looked at; namely the potential for a “Holdback” of away fans to prevent both teams leaving at the same time, but also the change in egress direction for the home fans leaving the North Stand. 

I cant be arsed to read the full report

but at any point  does it address the moving of the fixture and potential problems that new dates and times may bring?

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No - just that we don't want any personal details of any of the SAG people on here - whether they're in the public domain or not

It's never a good idea

They need naming and shaming.

It's time some light was shone on their other agendas.

1 minute ago, Dot said:

I cant be arsed to read the full report

but at any point  does it address the moving of the fixture and potential problems?

No

The bottom line is this :

Conclusion and Recommendations

From the analysis and detail provided in this document it is apparent that a number of factors need to be addressed and considered for the continued safety of fixtures and events at Hillsborough Stadium. A number of these points are linked and reliant on a change in behaviours and considerations, particularly in egress from the stadium. Further analysis is advisable, particularly around total egress numbers and detailed accurate spatial measurements to ensure the figures presented accurately present the “real live” event.

Throughout the document a number of recommendations and considerations have been mentioned and noted;

These are detailed as follows:

 Recommended egress for home fans towards the East and not in its current format (That being towards Leppings Lane).

 A consideration to holdback is not advisable in its current format due to lack of available and safe space and time spent in the particular environment.

 Should the recommendation around home egress be accepted then the external design and available spaces, coach park etc… can be safely implemented.

Owlstalk Shop