Club Statement

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The report is saying that it's not recommended to hold the away fans back from exiting for 15 minutes due to the state of the West Stand and it's lack of safe space to hold fans in

Joke 

‘lack of safe space’ but okay for fans to sit there during a game of football??? 

Ehh???? :duntmatter:

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The report is saying that it's not recommended to hold the away fans back from exiting for 15 minutes due to the state of the West Stand and it's lack of safe space to hold fans in

Surely some fans would stay in there seat though ?? 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nothing in the report at all about the impact of leaving the North onto Penistone Road 

Nothing at all

No there won't be. This is an issue plucked out of thin air and is just another nail in the Hillsborough coffin. The sooner Hillsborough ceases to exist, the better for SAG and SYP. It fu.ckin stinks and the wan.kers need to feel some resistance. We're been walked all over. 

Edited by archieswfc

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The main thing for me is that the report is almost entirely based on information provided to MMU surrounding the last Sheffield derby - fixture - a fixture that SYP received a fair amount of criticism for from both sets of supporters due to their approach. There is also a small amount of information from the game against Aston Villa. 

Is this a fair basis on which to make such wholesale changes given that the vast majority of games in recent years have passed without any reported significant incidents in the Leppings Lane area?

Just now, @owlstalk said:

There is nothing in the report really regarding how well policed the United game was, despite the whole report being based on that game

It's a fu.ckin joke mate. Blame Hillsborough for everything that goes wrong when the truth is that we've got the most inept police force in the land and SAG ar a fu.ckin disgrace. 

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Conclusion - SWFC v SUFC 04/03/19

Two of the main points under consideration need to be looked at; namely the potential for a “Holdback” of away fans to prevent both teams leaving at the same time, but also the change in egress direction for the home fans leaving the North Stand. 

Towards the end of the report they explain why an hold back is not possible....due to the concourse area being too small.

It does seem weird how they’ve chosen a worse case scenario (Steel City Derby) and applied the lessons learnt from that.

Logic suggests different games have different risk categories. So basically only apply those rules to very high risk matches.

For 90% of matches safety arrangements with home fans exiting through LL should continue.

Edited by sheffsteel

Interestingly MMU is ranked as the 70th best Uni in the UK

A good friend of mine has been tasked at trouble shooting there and ended up sacking (or making redundant) a lot of staff who are taking the wee wee

Trust me I don't want to leave Hillsborough but I feel we need to for the club to go forward.

My daughter came home from school early this year and asked where does the name Hillsborough come from I said it comes from Northern Ireland she said somewhere else so I said I'll Google it, put in in the word Hillsborough in Google and all you get is pages of the disaster, that's why the club needs to be moved away from the stadium 

6 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

To date, the only criminal conviction in respect of April 1989 is that of Graham Mackrell. He breached health and safety by failing to open sufficient turnstiles, even though the number of turnstiles open would have been a mattervfor a wide range of bodies to agree.

If people throw enough poo, it eventually sticks.  

Well done again DC for standing up for his club, who besides name, bears no resemblance nor responsibility to that in situ in April 1989.  

Ironic that 30 years later, a safety issue is to open less turnstiles.

Also, SYP causes all of this by insisting the Derby was played on a Monday night, their segregation rules that went wrong and the allegations of their coppers on horseback smacking people 

7 minutes ago, owler66 said:

Trust me I don't want to leave Hillsborough but I feel we need to for the club to go forward.

My daughter came home from school early this year and asked where does the name Hillsborough come from I said it comes from Northern Ireland she said somewhere else so I said I'll Google it, put in in the word Hillsborough in Google and all you get is pages of the disaster, that's why the club needs to be moved away from the stadium 

That's how they want you to feel. Fight it and stand up to the dirty cu.nts.