Club Statement

Never understood why there is no exit via LL from the South whenever the away team bring more than a few hundred but they let the North entre & exit via LL.  I suppose it limits the home fans in the same area as away fans but always seemed a bit pointless given us Southstanders can barely be bothered to do any angry pointing let alone anything more nawty. 

Even more ridiculous the other season when they stopped access to the South from LL before the match but let away fans coming off Penistone Rd and down the back of the South through the same gate in the opposite direction - I expect we will see this again tomorrow.  

Before this latest stitch up the stewarding has been appalling for years with the 'rules' changing week by week. 

Just don't get me started on the door 'men' at the Wednesday Tap - they use clickers - say no more     

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Cant' see how they can't be given the clicker / first come first in thing going on

that's rounduns to be fair then

I can t see how a pay on a one match ticketer can be directed to sit in my seat (that I've paid for for years) just because I got stuck in traffic

Just now, Dot said:

that's rounduns to be fair then

I can t see how a pay on a one match ticketer can be directed to sit in my seat (that I've paid for for years) just because I got stuck in traffic

That's the thing

I'd hate to be a steward trying to explain this to latecomers

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Eh?

This decision makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It is definitely NOT going to improve safety for anyone, so what is the motivation??? :dry:

Its our annual M.O.T...

Right mate I'm afraid it's failed again 

Its gonna need a lot of money and work to get it up to the standard we request ...

Tell you what buy yourself a new shiny stadium somewhere else.

I've got a mate who builds football Stadia I'll give him a bell for you ... 

I'll take this one off your hands for 100 quid .....

Moral to the tale ....

They want rid of the Stadium ....

Its not Rocket Science ....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

He will be there in it

He gets to the ground about 5 hours before kickoff usually

lol

Yes and he waits till 7.30pm to leave

make sure he gets his moneys worth 

Just now, roaminowl said:

They've already bought a ticket...with an allocated seat. Why would they be sitting in yours?

The way I am reading it is that some seats have been bought and allocated but they now cant be used

so they will now be placed in other seats if they arrive first

43 minutes ago, Andrew Robinson said:

The elephant in the room is that the SAG have clearly reduced the capacity below its normal level of 9255 which, as far as I am aware, was not previously restricted. We do not know what the new, temporary capacity is but it would seem it is less than the number of season tickets and ticket sales for tomorrow’s game. 

But it do they have the right to deny a ST holder from sitting in their reserved seat?

For tomorrow I've heard the North Stand has been given a capacity of 6200, unfortunately 6700 tickets have been sold.

I'm not sure how this will work tomorrow.

UTO'S

All hell is going to break lose tomorrow, makes me wonder if that’s what they actually want to happen.

So drunken Wednesday fans turn up at 2:50 and try to enter via LL to be told by a steward you’re not allowed in mate. Walk round to the south stand and they’ll put you somewhere in there. Good luck. 

Then after the game you've got the whole of the North Stand leaving via Penistone Road along with a fuller than normal Kop....yeah all will be fine with that no worries. 

If it kicks off, which it will, only us fans will be to blame. 

SYP are not fit for purpose. The investigation should have been into their performance back in March:

Just now, Dot said:

The way I am reading it is that some seats have been bought and allocated but they now cant be used

so they will now be placed in other seats if they arrive first

Weird. I thought they'd just sold too many. Maybe I should read the statement. lol

Maybe like everything else in the DM, it is wrong.

But if the club really has been aware of this since June and failed to attend the meeting, we need to ask why it has been left until days before the first home game. The order has been presumably been issued because the club has done nothing. 

It is a blow to really spoil a week of optimism. Needs a great performance tomorrow to raise our spirits.