A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

If they lose Henderson and don't pick up someone who knows where the net is, they may be bottom half.

Otherwise 12th - 8th is my guess. There is no reason for them to implode, as much as we want them to.

Curious to se if Basham's 32 year old legs can still get him up and down the pitch like they usually do.

14 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

Sadly, the bog roll prince seems much more willing to stump up than McSue ever did, and Wilder is very good at playing things down regarding transfers. He said they wouldn't spend in January, before spunking 20+ million on Berge. Whether he turns out to be any good or not is another question.

He certainly seems to be more willing to borrow against money they should be receiving, the TV money, or taking out a mortgage to buy the ground back

not sure if its his own money though

Edited by the third man

5 hours ago, Matt_1 said:

If they lose Henderson and don't pick up someone who knows where the net is, they may be bottom half.

Otherwise 12th - 8th is my guess. There is no reason for them to implode, as much as we want them to.

Curious to se if Basham's 32 year old legs can still get him up and down the pitch like they usually do.

Chelsea supposedly very interested in taking Henderson but United are trying to extend his contract. Maybe a bit of European competition might mean he stays at Man U or he decides he wants to go to Chelsea 

2 hours ago, the third man said:

He certainly seems to be more willing to borrow against money they should be receiving, the TV money, or taking out a mortgage to buy the ground back

not sure if its his own money though

I suspect a lot of it isn't, but I think owners in general put less of their personal wealth into clubs than people realise. A lot is done via other means of capitalisation, whether loans or from other investors.  At the moment it is cheap as chips to borrow too, so why sink millions of your own cash into something all at once, when you can pay back a loan at very low interest.

I am kind of sniggering, thinking that they can't play in front of a pashunate blavges crowd for the forthcoming season as it stands. 

Imagine.............it took you that long to get back to the PL and then you can't watch the team in person.

Sucks to be a Blavges or Leeds fan as it stands.

<<<<<desperate grasp at straws atmittedly>>>>

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, darra said:

Chelsea supposedly very interested in taking Henderson but United are trying to extend his contract. Maybe a bit of European competition might mean he stays at Man U or he decides he wants to go to Chelsea 

I'd have thought the Chelsea link was unlikely given that they've already got a very expensive first choice keeper, but a Google suggests that he could well be on his way out. A top 4 side in the Champions League would be difficult to turn down for the player, but would Man Utd be willing to sell a future major asset to a rival club? I doubt they'll be able to offload De Gea yet due to his wages, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Henderson back on loan at the sty again next season. How lucky would that be, who can remember any player being loaned to the same club for 3 consecutive years before, let alone one of the best players in his position in the country? 

8 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I'd have thought the Chelsea link was unlikely given that they've already got a very expensive first choice keeper, but a Google suggests that he could well be on his way out. A top 4 side in the Champions League would be difficult to turn down for the player, but would Man Utd be willing to sell a future major asset to a rival club? I doubt they'll be able to offload De Gea yet due to his wages, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Henderson back on loan at the sty again next season. How lucky would that be, who can remember any player being loaned to the same club for 3 consecutive years before, let alone one of the best players in his position in the country? 

How is it fair and within the rules that a player be "on loan" for 3 years. At this rate he could play for England and still be on loan. Ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

How is it fair and within the rules that a player be "on loan" for 3 years. At this rate he could play for England and still be on loan. Ridiculous.

But for the coronavirus he'd have played for England already, he'd have almost certainly been in the Euro 2020 squad and would have got a cap or two in friendlies beforehand.

At this rate he could be the first player to get a testimonial at a club he's only ever been on loan at! 

• Haha 1

I'd like to see them keep buying big, more Mcburnies please 😀

Much more difficult season next year, the Huddersfield scenario likely to apply....look how that turned out. Stronger bottom end EPL next year, all 3 promoted clubs will spend and have a good chance of staying up.