A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

1 hour ago, snaykz said:

£20m on McBurnie

£20m on Mousset

£25m on Berge

£19m on Ramsdale

Over £80m on just those 4. That’s a hell of a lot of money to spend on players who don’t improve your starting 11. 

Don’t think that Mousset was 20m. 10m wasn’t it? 
still it’s a load of money but they’re fortunate to be able to spend that sort of money. 

Edited by sheffwed1
  • Like 1

On 14/08/2020 at 14:03, Ronnie Starling said:

I think Mousset is currently in France and if he doesnt get back will miss the first two weeks of pre-season training.

19 hours ago, Owling with laughter said:

Where you heard that?

18 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

From one of their season ticket holders.

Is that a perk for the Premier League now?

I've had a season ticket at Hillsborough for nearly 40 years but I'm not privy to the GPS data revealing the location of all the players in the close season. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

18 million for a keeper for them. fizz me. 

BBC says £18.5m due to a 15% sell on clause they put in the original deal. So the real price would have been £22m. For a player they sold for £1m 3 years ago.

That's pigonomics... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, SouthStand75 said:

It looked Like a good signing when he was doing well but it looks like he’s lost his head if he’s gone back to France? 

We can’t really laugh at expensive failures when we paid 10 million for Rhodes. That’s probably a drop in the ocean for them these days whereas Rhodes pretty much got us a 12 point deduction. 

He's never done well apart from like 1 game? Garbage signing just like McBurnie, and arguably Berge too. A lot of money to chuck away but unfortunately they can afford to do so atm

Ramsdale should be a reliable keeper? Steep price for a keeper though

Apparently Ramsdale is costing them nowhere near 18.5 according to local journos. Bournemouth still owe them half of the Brooks transfer (6 mill) and they had hefty sell ons for both Ramsdale and Brooks. So it is probably a lot less. Going rate for young English keepers. They sold him when he was like 18 but didn't they do same with Calvert Lewin? Watch them buy him back for 40 million! I suppose the argument is they used the small amount they got back then to build the team that won League 1 and at that time could not really count on promising young kids. 

Hard as Henderson is a really good keeper and they will miss him a lot but allegedly Man Utd paying him 120 grand a week so circa 500k a month and wanted them to cover full wages and a loan fee so could be 5-6 million just for the season. The Ramsdale initial downpayment for this season won't be much different and transfers are often structured over 2-3 seasons. 

I was surprised Ramsdale was younger than Henderson but to me it is a big downgrade for them. Henderson now will either have to compete with De Be a or go abroad. Can't see Chelsea being allowed to loan or buy him. Might be wrong.

They will let in more goals next year putting pressure on a poor forward collection. 

The money spent up there is ridiculous in one sense but actually a player like Mousset who cost 12 million got was it 6 goals, 5 assits will be seen as going rate. Haller, Joelinton and that Villa striker cost a lot more and did not do any better at all. Did they do not go for like 30 mill etc? Madness. They have spent 20 mill on McBurnie and Berge but when you get like 150 mill just for a season of being in prem then you can afford to spunk the cash. Both those look like they might be expensive mistakes (although Blades mates reckon this Berge will double his fee in a year or two - not sure why they think that- we will see) but if they stay up for 2-3 seasons it does not matter. They just spend again. 

(For the record think Mousset buggered off back to France as his gf was pregnant but Wilder seemed salty when asked why he was not around!?)

It may seem like loads of money but the fees they are paying are going rate for lower to mid Prem players. It's a different world up there in terms of fees/wages. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

BBC says £18.5m due to a 15% sell on clause they put in the original deal. So the real price would have been £22m. For a player they sold for £1m 3 years ago.

That's pigonomics... 

I bet Bournemouth cant stop laughing at that one. Ok keeper, but never worth that price. 

Long may the blunts carry on trying to make headlines, paying silly money for average players. 

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

Is that a perk for the Premier League now?

I've had a season ticket at Hillsborough for nearly 40 years but I'm not privy to the GPS data revealing the location of all the players in the close season. 

Todays footballers can't help disclosing what they are doing and where they are doing it in their narcissistic little social media worlds.

26 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Todays footballers can't help disclosing what they are doing and where they are doing it in their narcissistic little social media worlds.

Yeah, but I liked the way you said "a season ticket holder" told you which made it sound like it meant they were some ultra reliable top secret source! 

1 hour ago, Anston Owl said:

Apparently Ramsdale is costing them nowhere near 18.5 according to local journos. Bournemouth still owe them half of the Brooks transfer (6 mill) and they had hefty sell ons for both Ramsdale and Brooks. So it is probably a lot less. Going rate for young English keepers. They sold him when he was like 18 but didn't they do same with Calvert Lewin? Watch them buy him back for 40 million! I suppose the argument is they used the small amount they got back then to build the team that won League 1 and at that time could not really count on promising young kids. 

Hard as Henderson is a really good keeper and they will miss him a lot but allegedly Man Utd paying him 120 grand a week so circa 500k a month and wanted them to cover full wages and a loan fee so could be 5-6 million just for the season. The Ramsdale initial downpayment for this season won't be much different and transfers are often structured over 2-3 seasons. 

I was surprised Ramsdale was younger than Henderson but to me it is a big downgrade for them. Henderson now will either have to compete with De Be a or go abroad. Can't see Chelsea being allowed to loan or buy him. Might be wrong.

They will let in more goals next year putting pressure on a poor forward collection. 

The money spent up there is ridiculous in one sense but actually a player like Mousset who cost 12 million got was it 6 goals, 5 assits will be seen as going rate. Haller, Joelinton and that Villa striker cost a lot more and did not do any better at all. Did they do not go for like 30 mill etc? Madness. They have spent 20 mill on McBurnie and Berge but when you get like 150 mill just for a season of being in prem then you can afford to spunk the cash. Both those look like they might be expensive mistakes (although Blades mates reckon this Berge will double his fee in a year or two - not sure why they think that- we will see) but if they stay up for 2-3 seasons it does not matter. They just spend again. 

(For the record think Mousset buggered off back to France as his gf was pregnant but Wilder seemed salty when asked why he was not around!?)

It may seem like loads of money but the fees they are paying are going rate for lower to mid Prem players. It's a different world up there in terms of fees/wages. 

Clubs that are owed big fees from transfers usually use that money in other ways. 

The money owed for Brooks will no doubt have been included in some accounts and transfers other the seasons. 

Wether they are still owed money or not, the transfer fee stays the same, around 18million 

18.5 million for a young, english goalkeeper isn't all that much tbh. 

It's pretty much the going rate, particularly if you are buying from a team who has just got relegated from the Prem. They've just flogged Ake for 40 million, so Bournemouth aren't going to be letting people go for "derisory" figures. 

Whether he can step into Henderson's boots is the big question. That back 5 has been pretty much the building block of their recent success and they are now losing one of the most important parts of it. 

I know Ramsdale got POTY for Bournemouth, but I'm not sure I'd put too much into that when he was part of a team getting relegated. 

Time will tell. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, striker said:

I bet Bournemouth cant stop laughing at that one. Ok keeper, but never worth that price. 

Long may the blunts carry on trying to make headlines, paying silly money for average players. 

Bit harsh that, he's a PL keeper, Saints paid about 14m for Gunn who was a City reserve. I know Ramsdale got relegated he was least to blame out of any of them

So is this the end of Henderson?

You wouldn't spunk £18mil+ on a keeper if you're confident of getting a better keeper back on loan for the season.

Plus I can't imagine Ramsdale being happy to play second fiddle (Cup games) when he could have stayed at Bournemouth playing every game or sign for a different Prem team as No1. 

Bit of a downgrade, I've never been massively impressed with the few games I've seen him play, unlike Henderson.

I see it as a big transfer fee, but likely low wages compared to having to pay Hendersons new £100,000 a week wage. 

Guest Grez Bez

I think that will be a good signing. From what I've seen he's s good young keeper.

Big year for United this season. Without Henderson and Egan it'll hopefully rock the boat a little