A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

2 minutes ago, SouthStand75 said:

If we had a manager who had transformed the clubs fortunes around like he has, I wouldn’t be against him getting a new contract every year as long as he carried the upwards trajectory of the club. 

Absolutely our managers should have been getting pay cuts over the last five years

Edited by Plonk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SouthStand75 said:

If we had a manager who had transformed the clubs fortunes around like he has, I wouldn’t be against him getting a new contract every year as long as he carried the upwards trajectory of the club. 

He has done an astonishing job.

2 hours ago, SouthStand75 said:

But the point is he moans about players wanting more money but is willing to tell everyone he might leave so he gets a pay rise

On 12/08/2020 at 09:37, the third man said:

But the point is he moans about players wanting more money but is willing to tell everyone he might leave so he gets a pay rise

He knows the strength of his position. Players can be replaced, currently he is irreplaceable, however as we all know things change very quickly.

• Like 1

On 11/08/2020 at 16:25, Skyline said:

Think we may see these rejected contracts more and more if their players keep performing.

Wilder has made it clear for some time that he does not like high earning players. But the more these players like Egan keep putting in very good performances, they will have their heads turned. 

As much of a togetherness squad they have, money soon talks when an agent gets in their ear because money bags like Villa are offering to double their wages. 

I think it would take a huge offer as they clearly currently have a very good dressing room and togetherness, but there's teams in that league with more money than sense. 

Wilder hates anyone who comes asking for more money.

This is where they will come unstuck and the replacements will not work as hard and he will have to change playing style to stay in the PL

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

sounds like Robinson off to WBA and Mousset of to France.

He doesn't really have a good record when spending big money.

Good at the Bash / Bald's / Leon's of the football spectrum and getting them to over perform.

Rumours are the lad likes a drink or two.

40 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

sounds like Robinson off to WBA and Mousset of to France.

He doesn't really have a good record when spending big money.

Good at the Bash / Bald's / Leon's of the football spectrum and getting them to over perform.

I think Mousset is currently in France and if he doesnt get back will miss the first two weeks of pre-season training.

One things for sure , if he makes a signing that doesn`t come off he wastes no time in moving them along, rather than flogging a dead horse and trying to justify the outlay.

Did it a couple of years ago with Evans and Leonard and now Robinson and Moussett , if only we could have done the same with Abdi , Jones , Rhodes etc.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

One things for sure , if he makes a signing that doesn`t come off he wastes no time in moving them along, rather than flogging a dead horse and trying to justify the outlay.

Did it a couple of years ago with Evans and Leonard and now Robinson and Moussett , if only we could have done the same with Abdi , Jones , Rhodes etc.

Those players were fit, weren't fitting into their style and weren't on huge wages. Our players were either unfit or on huge contracts meaning we couldn't have moved em on if we tried. 

I'm getting bored with looking at how he does things and wishing we could do the same now. I'm just hoping it goes wrong somehow but staying away from predicting how. Bored of being wrong on that stuff too. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Those players were fit, weren't fitting into their style and weren't on huge wages. Our players were either unfit or on huge contracts meaning we couldn't have moved em on if we tried. 

I'm getting bored with looking at how he does things and wishing we could do the same now. I'm just hoping it goes wrong somehow but staying away from predicting how. Bored of being wrong on that stuff too. 

Exactly the point i was making.

Did they spend much on Robinson? Looks like they will lose a good lump on mousset but that will of set by one big sale I guess. Would think they will currently be well in front on buying/ selling and squad value since wider took over. B@str@rd. 

12 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Did they spend much on Robinson? Looks like they will lose a good lump on mousset but that will of set by one big sale I guess. Would think they will currently be well in front on buying/ selling and squad value since wider took over. B@str@rd. 

Think they paid 8/9 million for him

1 hour ago, SouthStand75 said:

It looked Like a good signing when he was doing well but it looks like he’s lost his head if he’s gone back to France? 

We can’t really laugh at expensive failures when we paid 10 million for Rhodes. That’s probably a drop in the ocean for them these days whereas Rhodes pretty much got us a 12 point deduction. 

Oh god.

The *we cant laugh at United cause we are sh*te* brigade are out in force again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2