A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

12 hours ago, Skyline said:

So is this the end of Henderson?

You wouldn't spunk £18mil+ on a keeper if you're confident of getting a better keeper back on loan for the season.

Plus I can't imagine Ramsdale being happy to play second fiddle (Cup games) when he could have stayed at Bournemouth playing every game or sign for a different Prem team as No1. 

Bit of a downgrade, I've never been massively impressed with the few games I've seen him play, unlike Henderson.

I see it as a big transfer fee, but likely low wages compared to having to pay Hendersons new £100,000 a week wage. 

Henderson is not coming back.

1 hour ago, Grez Bez said:

I think that will be a good signing. From what I've seen he's s good young keeper.

Big year for United this season. Without Henderson and Egan it'll hopefully rock the boat a little

What’s happened to Egan?

2 hours ago, Grez Bez said:

I think that will be a good signing. From what I've seen he's s good young keeper.

Big year for United this season. Without Henderson and Egan it'll hopefully rock the boat a little

Have you confused Egan with Lundstrum?

17 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Bit harsh that, he's a PL keeper, Saints paid about 14m for Gunn who was a City reserve. I know Ramsdale got relegated he was least to blame out of any of them

Must have had some collective responsibility for all the goals they have conceded. Bournemouth were as leaky as an old but yet have got the best part of £60M for a keeper and a CB, good work.

19 hours ago, SiJ said:

18.5 million for a young, english goalkeeper isn't all that much tbh. 

It's pretty much the going rate, particularly if you are buying from a team who has just got relegated from the Prem. They've just flogged Ake for 40 million, so Bournemouth aren't going to be letting people go for "derisory" figures. 

Whether he can step into Henderson's boots is the big question. That back 5 has been pretty much the building block of their recent success and they are now losing one of the most important parts of it. 

I know Ramsdale got POTY for Bournemouth, but I'm not sure I'd put too much into that when he was part of a team getting relegated. 

Time will tell. 

It's enough when you sold him for £1M 3 years ago. This site would crash if we did something similar. 

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Must have had some collective responsibility for all the goals they have conceded. Bournemouth were as leaky as an old but yet have got the best part of £60M for a keeper and a CB, good work.

I agree that is mental, and Howe is also supposedly a great manager

They have got very lucky with injuries, but when Fleck and O Conell got injured after lockdown they lost every game.

Got stick for it,  but they will go down next year.

Replacing players with inferior players 

Henderson Ramsdale 

Lundstram Swift

A recipe for disaster.

Plus Egan is refusing to sign a new deal, and the pigs are getting outbid on every target.

End of the ride for the snortbeasts scum.

• Like 2

Parsons Cross Owl,

Trouble is there is  230 pages on here...a lot early on predicting they are useless, will go down and are kidding themselves if they think they can do well with the players they had. Many said the same when they went up to the Champ. Then said it was momentum and they would not go as well the year after- they then went up! 3 straight years every one has predicted their demise on here citing crap signings like you have or saying they can't keep it going.

Suppose if every one keeps saying it they might get it right one day by law of averages! 

Reality is I hate it but they have an incredible manager, committed players, a great system and tough to beat for the most part. It hurts but that is reality. Yes, they have been lucky with injuries and maybe that might change things but they seem to have conditioning, fitness programme/staff we can only dream of.

I'd love to say they will go down and thought they'd struggle last year like most on here but they were comfirtabke and beat likes of Chelsea and Arsenal. I see 6 or 7 far worse sides even with losing Henderson. Are we confident that the likes of Palace, West Brom, Brighton, Newcastle, Villa, Burnley, West Ham to name just 7...not sure on Fulham either will finish ahead of them. They finished 9th last year and were 5th-6th for a period. It's not like they just stayed up and most of the team will still be there.

Maybe a few might but I have given up predicting their demise. No shame in just accepting they will probably be around the Prem for a few seasons.  If they ******** up it will be a bonus.

Might not fit the point of the thread but surprised some are convinced of their imminent demise. Thought some of us would learn from the posts to start this thread! I don't see it for a bit at least. Wilder is a knob but is too good. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Parsons Cross Owl said:

They have got very lucky with injuries, but when Fleck and O Conell got injured after lockdown they lost every game.

Henderson Ramsdale 

Lundstram Swift

A recipe for disaster.

Plus Egan is refusing to sign a new deal, and the pigs are getting outbid on every target.

Egan has, by all accounts, just bought a fizz off big house near Wickersley. So unless he is making a shock move to us or the Millers, I think any hope of him disappearing soon may be misplaced.  Plus Lundstram was only good for about 5 or 6 games.

They'll need a lot more to go wrong for them to be relegation candidates. Sadly, Wilder doesn't do relegation.

2 hours ago, Parsons Cross Owl said:

Henderson Ramsdale 

Lundstram Swift

A recipe for disaster.

Parody account, surely. Every post is as ridiculous as the last. 

Guest gizowl
12 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Egan has, by all accounts, just bought a fizz off big house near Wickersley. So unless he is making a shock move to us or the Millers, I think any hope of him disappearing soon may be misplaced.  Plus Lundstram was only good for about 5 or 6 games.

They'll need a lot more to go wrong for them to be relegation candidates. Sadly, Wilder doesn't do relegation.

Theirs got to be a first time hopefully sooner rather than later. 

They're a bit like Charlton, West Brom, Stoke.

As long as Wilder is there, then they'll likely stop up. The only way it goes ******** up is if he leaves or they hit a wall in terms of motivation. I think the latter is what happened with Howe at Bmouth and Pulis at Stoke, where it was almost like they were together for too long and eventually the novelty of being in the PL wore off. 

1 hour ago, Sheff74 said:

Bang at the side of the M18.  About a hours drive from all the PL training grounds in the north and Midlands. 

I could easily see United bombing next season. Lack of quality at the top end of the pitch which they’ll only sort by spending a lot of money. They don’t look as if they’re going to do that so it’ll be difficult. They’ll be lower than last time but should just cling on. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BIG D said:

I could easily see United bombing next season. Lack of quality at the top end of the pitch which they’ll only sort by spending a lot of money. They don’t look as if they’re going to do that so it’ll be difficult. They’ll be lower than last time but should just cling on. 

With Wilder in charge, they will out perform the sum of the parts.

Just wish he'd fuckoff. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1