A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

5 hours ago, alanharper said:

I hope he does a better agent job than Paul Mitchell, the bloke who found them all these lower league players that went on to finish top half of the PL - and is a Wednesdayite. 

Is it same Paul Mitchell that used to manage Worksop Town? 

I used to go to odd game when Waddle was there. 

49 minutes ago, ronnie said:

Is it same Paul Mitchell that used to manage Worksop Town? 

I used to go to odd game when Waddle was there. 

Yeah. I don't know him but I used to work with his Mrs some years ago when he was manager of Gainsborough Trinity. She was a blade though iirc but Paul was definitely an owl. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, alanharper said:

The thread about everybody's second favourite team (according to them, even though they're really rather boring to watch)

I've only seen them twice.

The second half of Newcastle at home and Man U away...and I thoroughly enjoyed it both times.

• Haha 3

Guest gizowl
17 hours ago, alanharper said:

The thread about everybody's second favourite team (according to them, even though they're really rather boring to watch)

Pigonomics, I've never heard a supporter from another club mention them fcukwits as their second team. 

Guest The Horse

...'We're everything they think they are'.
Ummm, we think we've atctually played in Europe!! Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaah haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaa!!

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Linked with Ben Pearson. Never a more fitting signing for them. 

Looks like Wilder is staying with the lower league scuffers if true.

Don't think he's got what it takes to manage established PL players. 

The annoying thing is, it will probably be successful. 

16 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

The way they play? The same overlapping centre backs style what Conte used at Chelsea? 

Globally recognised? Jesus I hope he's ran of out Rizlas because whatever he's smoking doesn't agree with his mind at all. 

Imagine being "lauded for the way they play", "globally recognised" and "everybody's favourite second team" despite:

Finishing midtable

Scoring 1.03 goals per game 

Lowest average total goals per match (rubbish attack, despite spending over £40m on attacking players,  but strong defence, with their best player belonging to Man Utd)

Fewest number of goal attempts in the league

Fewest shots on target in the league

4th lowest average possession in the league

Highest number of long balls in the league 

Fewest number of through balls in the league

4th lowest completed pass percentage in the league

Yep, stunningly entertaining football that - and that's "the best season ever"! Christ, we may be crap but we've seen better than that from a David Pleat team...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Imagine being "lauded for the way they play", "globally recognised" and "everybody's favourite second team" despite:

Finishing midtable

Scoring 1.03 goals per game 

Lowest average total goals per match (rubbish attack, despite spending over £40m on attacking players,  but strong defence, with their best player belonging to Man Utd)

Fewest number of goal attempts in the league

Fewest shots on target in the league

4th lowest average possession in the league

Highest number of long balls in the league 

Fewest number of through balls in the league

4th lowest completed pass percentage in the league

Yep, stunningly entertaining football that - and that's "the best season ever"! Christ, we may be crap but we've seen better than that from a David Pleat team...

You see when you put it like that you can see why everyone wants to see them play? NOT!

23 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

For how long can it continue though?

Blackpool did similar for a couple, or maybe 1 season i forget.

Stoke did well for quite a while with a similar model.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

It can only go on for so long, if it was the best way to go about things other teams would have had success with it before now

• Like 1

Wilder has already same they are looking at freebies, bringing in yet more lower league players.

You can only survive going this way for so long.

There are no Bournemouths or Watfords to save them next season, I will stick my neck out and say it's a cert relegation for the snortbeasts.

UTO

3 hours ago, Parsons Cross Owl said:

Wilder has already same they are looking at freebies, bringing in yet more lower league players.

You can only survive going this way for so long.

There are no Bournemouths or Watfords to save them next season, I will stick my neck out and say it's a cert relegation for the snortbeasts.

UTO

I really hope you are right but some on here have been predicting this Piggy implosion for 4 seasons, and it never happens, in fact the swines keep getting better and better. They were supposed to bottle promotion from league 1, and went up with 100 points. Then they would get slaughtered in the Champ, before smashing it in 2 seasons. Next we were all looking forward to watching them get thrashed on MOTD every week. It didn't happen, and I doubt it will  happen next season.

Sadly, the bog roll prince seems much more willing to stump up than McSue ever did, and Wilder is very good at playing things down regarding transfers. He said they wouldn't spend in January, before spunking 20+ million on Berge. Whether he turns out to be any good or not is another question.

As for being relegation certs, unfortunately I think there are plenty of other candidates. Villa will be awful as long as Smith is in charge. West Brom are THE serial yo-yo ers. Noone knows how Fulham or Brentford might fair. Then you chuck in Palace, Newcastle and Brighton. Burnley are prone to sloshing around down there from time to time too.

I think it will be a tougher season overall, but I don't think they will go down. 

Edited by Sheff74
  • Like 1