Jordan Rhodes - It's your time

Guest domSWFC

12 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

I find it hard to believe how many of you still think that Rhodes can come good. He’s finished at this level - it’s probably now 4 years since he was a regular goal scorer. Would be a good signing for a division one club but it won’t happen for him at Hillsborough.

12 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

I find it hard to believe how many of you still think that Rhodes can come good. He’s finished at this level - it’s probably now 4 years since he was a regular goal scorer. Would be a good signing for a division one club but it won’t happen for him at Hillsborough.

Norwich fans would certainly disagree with you on this 

3 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

We will continue to use 4-3-3 and rightly so. 

He doesn't fit into that formation. 

Cant see him playing much however much we want him to succeed.

Yep, 4-4-2 with Harris and Reach on either side and we might get a tune out of him. Anything else and I think he'll continue to struggle. 

At this point it looks like Bullen and his 4-3-3. Things can change though, it's a long season.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

3 hours ago, jrh said:

Fletcher never plays a full season so I expect to see plenty of opportunity for Rhodes. Very glad we kept him. Also gives us the option to switch up to 442 if needed. 

Fletch played 45 of our 51 matches last season. 

And he flogged his guts out for Scotland.

And his effort is off the scale. 

Guest domSWFC
6 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

But none of them were signed as the holy grail of championship goalscorers were they.

So because they were signed with lower expectations, you expect more from them? Makes sense. 

4 hours ago, domSWFC said:

Transfer window closed and he's still an owl. He's on good money, he's our record signing so use him. 

We've made perfect signings to play to his strengths. Finally we have pace to get down the flanks, put that ball in the box and let him do what he does. 

I don't think there is any owl who doesn't want this guy to succeed. Let's get behind him, make him feel wanted and watch him tear up this league like he has so many times before. 

He could be as good as any new signing. 

UTO 

It won't happen for him, moments gone

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Central striker role to be shared between Fletcher, Nuhiu and Rhodes.

With two from four superb wide players in Reach, Harris, Forestieri and Murphy I think that looks really tasty.

It also allows Reach to drop centrally if Bannan or Lee are out.

What about Winall? should be given a try as well IMO

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Central striker role to be shared between Fletcher, Nuhiu and Rhodes.

With two from four superb wide players in Reach, Harris, Forestieri and Murphy I think that looks really tasty.

It also allows Reach to drop centrally if Bannan or Lee are out.

Fletcher doesn't miss many games though, so how is Rhodes going to get much of a chance barring injury?

That is unless we're not playing 4-3-3 all the time. It's never worked at home in the past, so think at home we'll be playing 4-4-2. Only thing is we are very one paced up front, but hopefully the wingers make up for it.

If you listen to the Crouch podcast..and for all the mockery..Crouchy was a top striker, great strike record for England, played st the highest level, brilliant professional, and loves football. 

He mentioned you have to question any striker that doesn’t stick his hand up for a penalty! 

I think this will stick with me. He’ll have to score a poo load this season to overcome that