Jordan Rhodes - It's your time

Guest domSWFC

Guest domSWFC

Transfer window closed and he's still an owl. He's on good money, he's our record signing so use him. 

We've made perfect signings to play to his strengths. Finally we have pace to get down the flanks, put that ball in the box and let him do what he does. 

I don't think there is any owl who doesn't want this guy to succeed. Let's get behind him, make him feel wanted and watch him tear up this league like he has so many times before. 

He could be as good as any new signing. 

UTO 

Show him how to boil the kettle and how to slice up the half time oranges tomorrow, so he will be of some use to the club. He has been absolutely hopeless since he signed here.

If playing to his strengths is somehow engineering 1’yard open goals for him to stick away then I would rather have Nuhiu up there who at least offers something else.

We put plenty in the box for him before and he did absolutely nothing with it. We even put the ball on the penalty spot for him, cleared all the other players out of the box and gave him as long a run up as he wanted and he failed with that. To then bottle a pen vs hudds, our all time record signing and star striker, Carlos should have put the nut on him there and then.

Central striker role to be shared between Fletcher, Nuhiu and Rhodes.

With two from four superb wide players in Reach, Harris, Forestieri and Murphy I think that looks really tasty.

It also allows Reach to drop centrally if Bannan or Lee are out.

I just think with the way the championship is, you need forwards that are combative, strong, fast and can play the wingers, midfielders and full backs into the game. 

My worry is that Fletcher only guarantees you 10-12 goals a season so we're going to have to get about 50 goals from the rest of the team. Minimum. 

7 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

We will continue to use 4-3-3 and rightly so. 

He doesn't fit into that formation. 

Cant see him playing much however much we want him to succeed.

But this being the case think we needed another option because FF isn’t a striker in that formation. 

14 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Transfer window closed and he's still an owl. He's on good money, he's our record signing so use him. 

We've made perfect signings to play to his strengths. Finally we have pace to get down the flanks, put that ball in the box and let him do what he does. 

I don't think there is any owl who doesn't want this guy to succeed. Let's get behind him, make him feel wanted and watch him tear up this league like he has so many times before. 

He could be as good as any new signing. 

UTO 

I bet there are a few who will love it if he fails. Strange mentality but they are out there.:sad:

during pre season he scored 4 goals and that was from harris on wing providing a cross ,we now have the players to suit his strengths this is the season for him if he don't do well then he is finished ,im glad he is still here if he left he would have  to be replaced .

11 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

We will continue to use 4-3-3 and rightly so. 

He doesn't fit into that formation. 

Cant see him playing much however much we want him to succeed.

Fletcher never plays a full season so I expect to see plenty of opportunity for Rhodes. Very glad we kept him. Also gives us the option to switch up to 442 if needed. 

I think he’ll get decent game time either as sub or as starting in a 442. Whilst we had players to play 433 last week we now have an extra winger and combative box to box CM so 442 isn’t out of the question either for some games.