Jordan Rhodes - It's your time

Guest domSWFC

Just now, prowl said:

I bet there are a few who will love it if he fails. Strange mentality but they are out there.:sad:

Yes, those of us who are still annoyed at paying 8 million quid for a player we didn't need and no bugger else is even willing to give us half of that back for him.

All this despite us making it obvious we wanted to sell him.

Just now, The Dukeries Owl said:

Yes, those of us who are still annoyed at paying 8 million quid for a player we didn't need and no bugger else is even willing to give us half of that back for him.

You'll be walking about with his name on your shirt come May.....

23 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Transfer window closed and he's still an owl. He's on good money, he's our record signing so use him. 

We've made perfect signings to play to his strengths. Finally we have pace to get down the flanks, put that ball in the box and let him do what he does. 

I don't think there is any owl who doesn't want this guy to succeed. Let's get behind him, make him feel wanted and watch him tear up this league like he has so many times before. 

He could be as good as any new signing. 

UTO 

rhoides.jpg.228898d65419b895b72a41c4b246427e.jpg

23 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

I don't think there is any owl who doesn't want this guy to succeed. Let's get behind him, make him feel wanted and watch him tear up this league

14 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Show him how to boil the kettle and how to slice up the half time oranges tomorrow, so he will be of some use to the club. He has been absolutely hopeless since he signed here.

If playing to his strengths is somehow engineering 1’yard open goals for him to stick away then I would rather have Nuhiu up there who at least offers something else.

We put plenty in the box for him before and he did absolutely nothing with it. We even put the ball on the penalty spot for him, cleared all the other players out of the box and gave him as long a run up as he wanted and he failed with that. To then bottle a pen vs hudds, our all time record signing and star striker, Carlos should have put the nut on him there and then.

You were saying?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Yes but why do you want him to fail. If he succeeds the club does well and there may be taketrs for him come the new year at a decent fee. He might even get the 20 goals we need from a striker to get us in the promotion mix. I really can't see any benefit to the club in Rhodes failing. We've bought him better he does well surely.

If he fails we can't get an offer for him, he sees out his contract and we pay his wages until then, he becomes a bit part player or consigned to the U23. How is that to anyones advantage?

Harris gets to the bye-line (Christ he’s quick) we’ll. He pulled a lovely ball back for Fletch on Saturday. I think Jordan will absolutely thrive on this. His timing and positional sense is outstanding, and we know he can finish.

I think Fletch and Rhodes will love the service from Harris, Reach, Murphy and FF.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, prowl said:

Yes but why do you want him to fail. If he succeeds the club does well and there may be taketrs for him come the new year at a decent fee. He might even get the 20 goals we need from a striker to get us in the promotion mix. I really can't see any benefit to the club in Rhodes failing. We've bought him better he does well surely.

If he fails we can't get an offer for him, he sees out his contract and we pay his wages until then, he becomes a bit part player or consigned to the U23. How is that to anyones advantage?

I don't want him to fail, I just can't see him succeeding. 

5 minutes ago, prowl said:

I bet there are a few who will love it if he fails. Strange mentality but they are out there.:sad:

You are right.

I so hope that those on Owlstalk who have done nothing but talk about selling Jordan Rhodes and repeatedly tell us that he is no good as a goal scorer, are made to eat their own words, in a highly Humiliating manner.     :biggrin:

4 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

You are right.

I so hope that those on Owlstalk who have done nothing but talk about selling Jordan Rhodes and repeatedly tell us that he is no good as a goal scorer, are made to eat their own words, in a highly Humiliating manner.     :biggrin:

I'll only have to eat my own words if I cook a can of Alphabet spaghetti.