LUONGO SIGNS OFFICIAL

I know stats and data are no replicate for watching the player, but I find it interesting... whoscored.com have a "player rating" column. It's semi-arbitrary, and calculated entirely through looking at the position the player played in and his stats (even, number of dribbles and distance, number of tackles etc) and sticking it in some formula (god knows what) to give a very Football Manager looking 'rating' out of 10.

How accurate or fair this is, who knows... it doesn't seem abject at the very least (eg, Morgan Fox scores significantly lower than Bannan for instance). I bring it up because Luongo was QPR's third best player last season according to this metric.

I think QPR fans who don't rate him are in a bit of denial that their captain has left a sinking ship for a cut-price deal.

39 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Most QPR fans seem to think he was average.

36 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Most QPR fans are devastated. He was their best player.

Well that's cleared that one up then...

• Like 1

Massimo Luongo was a really popular player at Loftus Road and he’ll almost certainly be met with a chorus of ‘He’s magic, you know!’ if and when he returns to west London with his new club.

I'm not sure i am comfortable with him getting Semedo's song, it just doesn't sit right with me. 

1 minute ago, Brad_owl said:

Massimo Luongo was a really popular player at Loftus Road and he’ll almost certainly be met with a chorus of ‘He’s magic, you know!’ if and when he returns to west London with his new club.

I'm not sure i am comfortable with him getting Semedo's song, it just doesn't sit right with me. 

Why ?  they stole it from us lol 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Onge said:

Well that's cleared that one up then...

Make your own mind up

I’d say the consensus was he wasn’t rated.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.sheffieldwednesday.news/fan-views/qpr-fans-react-to-reports-massimo-luongo-is-set-to-join-sheffield-wednesday/amp/

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/general/qpr-fans/2521991-luongo/page2