LUONGO SIGNS OFFICIAL

Just now, Maddogbob said:

Actually really looking forward to seeing this lad play. Looks like an utter Rolls Royce in the middle of the park. 

Suspect hutch is going to have his hands full keeping this guy out of the side. 

I reckon away from home, we might have him and Hutch alongside one another with one from Lee and Bannan in the three.

Give us that extra physical edge when under the cosh. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I reckon away from home, we might have him and Hutch alongside one another with one from Lee and Bannan in the three.

Yeah, from the videos ive seen he seems more than just a holding midfielder. Its like hes the player hutch should be if he hadnt had the fitness issues. 

Would deffo make sense away from home. 

Tbh cant wait to see what he can do. 

Edited by Maddogbob

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Imagine lining up against a midfield of Hutchinson, Luongo and Bannan.

:duntmatter:

You wouldn't want to forget your shinpads, would you?

Also, without wanting to get into stereotypes, the lads an Australian sports professional.

Not usually the types to hold back and not give their all.

Edited by SiJ

9 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

John bloody Bostock signed for Forest...I remember him. Amazed he's actually got his career back on track.

Those reports are mixed from QPR, didn't seem to have a good season last year. but hopefully he finds his form here in a much better winning team.

14 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Actually really looking forward to seeing this lad play. Looks like an utter Rolls Royce in the middle of the park. 

Suspect hutch is going to have his hands full keeping this guy out of the side. 

Or maybe allow Hutch to play in his best position at centre half ?

This is the signing I’m most excited about. We now have a midfield player who can do the lot. Also good to hear other managers views on him and the qpr fans. With Lee returning to fitness and bringing in Luongo, our central midfield should be miles better this season. 

On 08/08/2019 at 21:29, swfc-dan said:

Don't seem to rate him nearly as highly there. Hopefully he'll kick on in a much better team around him.

Must need a work permit so presumably playing internationals for Aussie is a requirement?

He has Italian ancestry, even if he didn’t he has been in England long enough he would be able to apply for citizenship.

Honestly not sure he has or will play enough internationals to qualify for a work permit. Been behind Jedinak, Mooy, Irvine and Milligan for central midfield spots. So normally on the bench.