LUONGO SIGNS OFFICIAL

12 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Could we play him along side Hutchison? 

Two sitting deep breaking things up to give the full backs more freedom and Bannan, Lee and Forestieri competing for that free role behind the striker. Just imagine:

-------------------- Westwood --------------------

Iorfa ------ Lees ---- Borner ----- Odubajo

----------- Luongo - Hutchinson ------------

Reach ----------- Bannan ------------- Harris

---------------------- Rhodes -----------------------

Subs: 

Lee, Forestieri, Fletcher, Murphy, Palmer, Pelupessey, Dawson

Promotion challenging team in my opinion 

Agree with the formation, not so much the lineup.

We're made for a 4-2-3-1 now though.

12 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Could we play him along side Hutchison? 

Two sitting deep breaking things up to give the full backs more freedom and Bannan, Lee and Forestieri competing for that free role behind the striker. Just imagine:

-------------------- Westwood --------------------

Iorfa ------ Lees ---- Borner ----- Odubajo

----------- Luongo - Hutchinson ------------

Reach ----------- Bannan ------------- Harris

---------------------- Rhodes -----------------------

Subs: 

Lee, Forestieri, Fletcher, Murphy, Palmer, Pelupessey, Dawson

Promotion challenging team in my opinion 

Hope Bannan doesn’t ever play a roll behind the striker as his shooting boots are usually left behind.  We’d be better playing 433 in my opinion with the central players we now have 

Our first Aussie ever to play for us? I thought he was South American honestly!

Looks like a really good coup, adds loads of competition to the midfield area now. Played a ton of games the past few seasons which is reassuring as we need players who stay fit.

Wonder why the heck QPR agreed to sell him though, isn't he their captain and fans favourite? They must be in dire need of some transfer fees to sell him, fans must be raging.

Do wish we'd get business done much sooner as he's not had preseason to get on the same wavelength as others, but that seems the norm nowadays.

Definately a signal of intent that we are looking to compete in the playoffs this year, and no reason we can't if Hector signs too.

Guest addedtime
Just now, swfc-dan said:

Our first Aussie ever to play for us? I thought he was South American honestly!

Looks like a really good coup, adds loads of competition to the midfield area now. Played a ton of games the past few seasons which is reassuring as we need players who stay fit.

Wonder why the heck QPR agreed to sell him though, isn't he their captain and fans favourite? They must be in dire need of some transfer fees to sell him, fans must be raging.

Do wish we'd get business done much sooner as he's not had preseason to get on the same wavelength as others, but that seems the norm nowadays.

Definately a signal of intent that we are looking to compete in the playoffs this year, and no reason we can't if Hector signs too.

Poric.

3 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

He's only had a year left on his deal. Wouldn't sign a new one as they have a new wage structure and he would have had to take a pay cut.

They are cashing in what they can and therefore we get a bargain.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

Agree with the formation, not so much the lineup.

We're made for a 4-2-3-1 now though.

and 433 and even an old fashioned 442 if circumstances dictate. Just need a manager now who can adjust tactics and formation to suit the situation.

Having two capable defensive midfielders should also hopefully get the best out of FF, Bannan, Reach etc by allowing them to play higher up the pitch where they are most most effective.

Edited by oldowl67
Repeated words

1 hour ago, PeakOwl said:

"He's magic, you know..."

I guess the only downside in my mind is how many games might he miss due to internationals down under? Otherwise looks a great signing.

1 hour ago, Sgt Wilko said:

Mixed reviews of his ability on QPR forums:

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/general/qpr-fans/2521991-luongo

I will reserve judgement until I've seen him but hopefully he'll kick on with us.

Don't seem to rate him nearly as highly there. Hopefully he'll kick on in a much better team around him.

Must need a work permit so presumably playing internationals for Aussie is a requirement?