Lee signs! OFFICIAL

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I hate to go against the grain on this, but what a crazy decision this is.

The guy has barely kicked a football in 2 years - we have to move on from relying on players who, even at their peak, were not good enough to get us promoted. He has been a lovely footballer when fit and on form - but his time should be up.

ABSOLUTE carnage decision giving someone a sensible one year contract who has been huge for us over the years.

Understand your rationale if this was a 3 year deal but its 1 year pal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

The guy has barely kicked a football in 2 years - we have to move on from relying on players who, even at their peak, were not good enough to get us promoted. He has been a lovely footballer when fit and on form - but his time should be up.

There's always one...

He was good enough to be part of a team who got us into the play offs twice. He was also a standout performer in both of those seasons. 

Yes, he's a few years older and has had a nightmare with injuries, but in the current situation we find ourselves (where we can't sign people), I can't see any harm in offering an excellent player a 1-year deal. 

It is completely low risk. 

Yeah crazy decision to offer him a 1 year deal to prove his fitness.

lol

If if he breaks down then he departs, on the other hand if he gets back to that form from 2/3 years ago, it’s a great decision!

Risks are small!!!

5 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

It’s a low risk strategy to try and help someone get back to where he was

The club must believe he has a good chance or it would have been a pay as you play deal

If he looks anything like in January, he will get another deal, if not we can say goodbye to one of the most silkiest players we’ve seen at Hillsborough in many a year

He deserves this chance

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Got a sneaky feeling we are gonna see the KL we know and love very soon. Just a few sub appearances to get him firing and then back to first 11 pick and scoring goals and covering every blade of grass. 

Be like signing a £ 7million player.

9 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

If he says he feels good and back at championship level fitness I believe him.

He's still the same player.

Absolutely fantastic addition to the squad.

If he stays fit and not high wages then that's great. Don't think we could get anybody comparable without paying a shed load. 

As an aside, really like the videos and content the site are putting out. Seems like the marketing dept are really doing some good stuff lately. 

Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit/Please stay fit x 1000000000000000 INFINITY AND BEYOND!

Edited by HIGHERSTATE
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Got a sneaky feeling we are gonna see the KL we know and love very soon. Just a few sub appearances to get him firing and then back to first 11 pick and scoring goals and covering every blade of grass. 

Be like signing a £ 7million player.

I feel very sorry for Lee - he has had nigh on 3 years of injury issues, been rushed back at times which hasn't helped.  But we are getting sentimental here.  He is 31 and has barely kicked a ball since he was 28.  Lets be realistic - if we were able to spend some money there is no way we would have done this. 

I feel very sorry for Lee - he has had nigh on 3 years of injury issues, been rushed back at times which hasn't helped.  But we are getting sentimental here.  He is 31 and has barely kicked a ball since he was 28.  Lets be realistic - if we were able to spend some money there is no way we would have done this. 

Well I see it as pragmatic.

It's a low cost for a player of his stature if he is fit. Which he says he is.

38 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

I'm sure (I hope) this has been taking into consideration when the contract has been calculated and given. On his day, he is one of the best midfielders in this division - proven.

45 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

This notion that 'these players weren't good enough to get us promoted' has been batted around on here for a while now, and it makes as little sense now as it did on the day it was first written.

OK, so the collective group of players we had in 2015/16 and 16/17 didn't get us promoted, but that doesn't mean that each and every one of them lacks the quality needed to be part of a promotion-winning squad in the future.

With a different manager, different tactics, and different teammates, the likes of Lee, Bannan, Reach, Lees, Westwood, Hutchinson, and Forestieri are all of the standard required to win promotion and could surely be part of a successful squad at this level.

If we only want players who've already won promotion from this division, then let's bring back Jones, Abdi and Boyd and see how we get on.

I'd much rather we keep Kieran Lee, to be honest.

:duntmatter:

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

48 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Glad someone said it 

Tidy footballer, but again, someone who was part of the team not good enough 4 years ago.

Plus he’s 4 years older and has barely kicked a ball 

One year deal on a low wage is little risk I agree. But people are acting like he’s the second coming of god who will get us promoted 

• Haha 1

Have to agree it’s worrying that we are in a position of having to rely on Lee and Hutchinson in midfield.

However, I doubt that Lee would have been dumped even if we were allowed to spend on midfield reinforcements.

His quality and past service deserve another year.

It may be his last, but surely his contribution will be equal to or better than the likes of someone like Onomah who is going to cost some club several millions.