Lee signs! OFFICIAL

Its official the club do read Owlstalk, only the other day fans were saying had we forgot to mention about lee and today we get an announcement.

So here goes Everyone on Owlstalk want Chris Houghton as manager by the week end, they also want Hector brought back to the club on a full transfer and all the fans want a free beer (or soft drink) for the first home game of the season lol  #believe 

• Thanks 2

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

1056137910_GetOut.gif.5b3da6f04b8df61dec72a09f7b81d970.gif

Take a look at the teams in the championship and how many times they’ve changed their midfield over the last 4 years 

we’ve got the same usual suspects (bannan, hutch, Lee) who have proved as a collective they ain’t good enough 

14 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

This notion that 'these players weren't good enough to get us promoted' has been batted around on here for a while now, and it makes as little sense now as it did on the day it was first written.

OK, so the collective group of players we had in 2015/16 and 16/17 didn't get us promoted, but that doesn't mean that each and every one of them lacks the quality needed to be part of a promotion-winning squad in the future.

With a different manager, different tactics, and different teammates, the likes of Lee, Bannan, Reach, Lees, Westwood, Hutchinson, and Forestieri are all of the standard required to win promotion and could surely be part of a successful squad at this level.

If we only want players who've already won promotion from this division, then let's bring back Jones, Abdi and Boyd and see how we get on.

I'd much rather we keep Kieran Lee, to be honest.

:duntmatter:

I think the issues for both failed promotions was plain and simple in the big games we bottled it and didn't turn up.

We were beaten by an average Hull team at Wembley and couldn't manage barely a shot on target against Huddersfield in 2 games. They played a kid in goal the first leg with less appearance than Abdi and he barely had a shot to save..

We need experience championship performers and unfortunately the players missing from the team 4 years ago have never been bought Fletcher was to provide the goals which he did last season but before that had spent more time on the injury list. No midfield general, no pace and no recognised wingers.

Until we get the recruitment right and the kids from good kids to recognised first team quality players we will continue to struggle to be a realistic championship promotion contender.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I think the issues for both failed promotions was plain and simple in the big games we bottled it and didn't turn up.

We were beaten by an average Hull team at Wembley and couldn't manage barely a shot on target against Huddersfield in 2 games. They played a kid in goal the first leg with less appearance than Abdi and he barely had a shot to save..

We need experience championship performers and unfortunately the players missing from the team 4 years ago have never been bought Fletcher was to provide the goals which he did last season but before that had spent more time on the injury list. No midfield general, no pace and no recognised wingers.

Until we get the recruitment right and the kids from good kids to recognised first team quality players we will continue to struggle to be a realistic championship promotion contender.

So, we're just a midfield general away.

20 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Glad someone said it 

Tidy footballer, but again, someone who was part of the team not good enough 4 years ago.

Plus he’s 4 years older and has barely kicked a ball 

One year deal on a low wage is little risk I agree. But people are acting like he’s the second coming of god who will get us promoted 

So you're happy to keep him but are moaning about keeping him too? 

On a personal note, I'm genuinely pleased for KL. He seems a really nice guy and model professional. At his height, was a very good right side midfielder who was good at arriving in the box late and chipped in with a few goals, which unfortunately none of the other midfielders did at the time.

In terms of whether this is good for the club is debatable. I agree that he's part of a fairly weak midfield collective that didn't deliver across four seasons to the standards to get us out of the league.

His signing could be seen as low risk, but he does take a squad place up and wages, which we apparently need to spend very careful for obvious reasons. This signing may reflect that we are going into the season under  soft embargo with no new signings. Alternatively, we may be out of soft embargo and he's simply an insurance policy and cover for 2 new midfield signings, which we've needed now for 3 years.

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

So you're happy to keep him but are moaning about keeping him too? 

I can see why the club have done it under this embargo situation, but if we were able to splash the cash I wouldn’t have kept him 

This club is desperate for pastures new on the playing side. I’m pleased with the 3 signings we’ve made but CM is still a huge deal and will probably be our Achilles heel again 

4 minutes ago, Animis said:

On a personal note, I'm genuinely pleased for KL. He seems a really nice guy and model professional. At his height, was a very good right side midfielder who was good at arriving in the box late and chipped in with a few goals, which unfortunately none of the other midfielders did at the time.

In terms of whether this is good for the club is debatable. I agree that he's part of a fairly weak midfield collective that didn't deliver across four seasons to the standards to get us out of the league.

His signing could be seen as low risk, but he does take a squad place up and wages, which we apparently need to spend very careful for obvious reasons. This signing may reflect that we are going into the season under  soft embargo with no new signings. Alternatively, we may be out of soft embargo and he's simply an insurance policy and cover for 2 new midfield signings, which we've needed now for 3 year

What the fucketyfuck are Harris, Odubajo and the German lad?  

Edited by Sham67

28 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Tidy footballer, but again, someone who was part of the team not good enough 4 years ago.

What ridiculous logic. Aston Villa didnt get promoted the season before last... was Grealish not good enough? Norwich didnt get promoted with Madison in their team... was he not good enough? Derby didnt get promoted last season with Mason Mount in their team... will he not be good enough?

To say that all players who don't go up aren't good enough (which is what you are saying here) is either wumming or clueless. I'll let you answer which one!

22 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Glad someone said it 

Plus he’s 4 years older and has barely kicked a ball 

One year deal on a low wage is little risk I agree. But people are acting like he’s the second coming of god who will get us promoted 

So on that logic Messi is rubbish because he has not won World Cup  with Argentina. Its  the  amount of players you have of Lee's quality.  Unfortunately in our play offs  we have been a few players short 

3 minutes ago, DuncOwl said:

What ridiculous logic. Aston Villa didnt get promoted the season before last... was Grealish not good enough? Norwich didnt get promoted with Madison in their team... was he not good enough? Derby didnt get promoted last season with Mason Mount in their team... will he not be good enough?

To say that all players who don't go up aren't good enough (which is what you are saying here) is either wumming or clueless. I'll let you answer which one!

Did they have 3 cracks at it? 

The point I was really trying to make is that as a collective central midfield they ain’t enough 

footballs a team game.

Edited by FreshOwl

2 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

So on that logic Messi is rubbish because he has not won World Cup  with Argentina. Its  the  amount of players you have of Lee's quality.  Unfortunately in our play offs  we have been a few players short 

Exactly, if we'd had either of Hooper or Wallace available for the 2nd leg against Huddersfield.  We'd be an established PL club.

Edited by Sham67
  • Haha 1

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Did they have 3 cracks at it? 

The point I was really trying to make is that as a collective central midfield they ain’t enough 

footballs a team game after all 

But you did imply that he wssnt good enough to play for us if we want to get promoted because we haven't been promoted with him in previous seasons?

25 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Take a look at the teams in the championship and how many times they’ve changed their midfield over the last 4 years 

we’ve got the same usual suspects (bannan, hutch, Lee) who have proved as a collective they ain’t good enough 

Do you remember when Manchester City failed to win the league three years running?

It's hard to believe they didn't get rid of all their proven failures such as Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne, Komany and Sterling, isn't it?

Lee is a very good player, and our failure to win promotion under Carvalhal isn't because of him. Rather than let one of our best players leave for nothing, we could always add other players around him and try to build the best squad we can under the current circumstances.

4 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

What the fucketyfuck are Harris, Odubajo and the German lad?  

Indeed - out of contract, but your right there may be some still out of work freebies still left in August.