Is it already too late?

38 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

TBH the main pain in the backside is that Bruce would have had the authority to get rid of one or two to bring in some dosh and the contacts to pull in some top quality loanees.

Random Foreign Manager (insert name) wont have a rats farting chance of doing that hence DC needs to appoint a Classic Brit quickly. (Rowett is probably an obvious bet although I think Megson or Stuart Gray would be miles better). 

Opting for Bullen makes sense at one level (continuity) but I think it will end in tears cos if we aren’t top 6 at Crimbo the fans will want him out and so will DC. 

I was also thinking of Stuart Gray, Gray/Bullen partnership?

10 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Good to see the bookies essentially clueless as to what's about to happen. Makes a pleasant change.

Yeah

But that is why they are rich.

The punters are more clueless, as proved on forums like this, but still throw money at them.

2 hours ago, owl1977 said:

What time scale do you think the Chairman is working to for the appointment of the next manager? How late do you think he could possibly leave it? And at that point does he go with the staff we already have in place?

Is the best option now to keep Bullen in place to avoid any more disruption to the players? If a new manager is hired could this have a detrimental effect this close to the start of the season?

I give you Dave Jones, late, early, on time?

Came in with another managers team and proceeded to wipe the floor in the division, no excuses no bull ****.

It can happen, disruption is an excuse for losers.

Can someone please explain to me why they think lee bullen would be a good choice. There's no way this man would take us up, all lee would be a peter eustace, terry yorath or peter shreeves and we all know what happened there. We need a fresh face not someone who fans remember captained us to win the 2005 play off. Lee needs to leave and try to learn his trade somewhere else, we cant afford to waste another year on someone just because he's "loyal"

Good question, and I think that we are all struggling for answers !

The shock of loosing such a promising manager at such a critical time is beginning to subside but I’m still really bitter about the way Bruce has dropped us in it , the anger that we all show towards him comes from the fact that we know that we have lost a fantastic manager (pains me to admit it) and , other than Hughton, there is not a replacement of equal potential waiting to step into the breach.

Bully... love him but don’t think that he’s the answer and would not want to expose such a top bloke to a possible fans backlash should things not go too well.

All the Megson, Pulis stuff fills me with horror, Zola being so hotly touted by the bookies is a real concern, the Monk , Rowett , Pearson links are obvious and shots in the dark and then there’s Holloway..., the chap at Barnsley, the other foreign geezers that have had short term success here and there...God, I don’t know.

Like the rest of you, I know who I don’t want and that list is a long one. 

For me it’s the only one that’s ruled himself out, Hughton !!! If Chansiri can persuade him to come then I’ll eat Tuna every day until he leaves.

• Thanks 1

If we give it bullen then do it on an interim basis so he can return to his current role if it doesn't work out. Nobody wants to see him leave the club and there are plenty of decent managers that started in the championship with little to no experience. He has had the gig twice already albeit short term so he'll know what he's doing. 

2 hours ago, bubbleowl said:

Can someone please explain to me why they think lee bullen would be a good choice. There's no way this man would take us up, all lee would be a peter eustace, terry yorath or peter shreeves and we all know what happened there. We need a fresh face not someone who fans remember captained us to win the 2005 play off. Lee needs to leave and try to learn his trade somewhere else, we cant afford to waste another year on someone just because he's "loyal"

All I can see are people saying he’s loyal and he has the best interests of the club at heart. Neither of those mean he should get the job. I really hope DC doesn’t give it to him. 

8 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

TBH the main pain in the backside is that Bruce would have had the authority to get rid of one or two to bring in some dosh and the contacts to pull in some top quality loanees.

Random Foreign Manager (insert name) wont have a rats farting chance of doing that hence DC needs to appoint a Classic Brit quickly. (Rowett is probably an obvious bet although I think Megson or Stuart Gray would be miles better). 

Opting for Bullen makes sense at one level (continuity) but I think it will end in tears cos if we aren’t top 6 at Crimbo the fans will want him out and so will DC. 

Random foreign manager it is then. 

I don't see dc appointing stuart gray as he was the first thing outa the door when dc took over.

I think this is just about right when you give it some thought. The only thing I would disagree with is Megson who plays different style and has been away from football too long he is bound to be out of loop and contacts are not as great as some think.

Bullens last interview was reverting to wolly self it would be a season lost and of decline. Some foreign guys could do a job but they are unlikely to hit ground running and those that could are unlikely to come.

We are playing a high pressing style which is key to get out of Championship judging on last years efforts and you have to ask which managers are familiar with this. Holloway is definitely not and not his style  Pulls plays different style. Coleman is hopeless (definitely agents pushing this one as also current Sunderland manager Jack Ross now being pushed from same source), Monk could but huge storm cloud hanging over him, Cowley brothers have played this style so would fit as does Stendel plays this style. Should say Cook could do a job also but would not be easy extracting from Wigan and could be long drawn out affair. I actually think its down to 3 who could do job Stendel, Cowley and Rowett. Gray could also do job but for various reasons will not be considered.

I am not saying these are first choices but in circumstances are probably safest/best potential options and two of them carry more risk but also have potential to do really well.

9 hours ago, owl1977 said:

What time scale do you think the Chairman is working to for the appointment of the next manager? How late do you think he could possibly leave it? And at that point does he go with the staff we already have in place?

Is the best option now to keep Bullen in place to avoid any more disruption to the players? If a new manager is hired could this have a detrimental effect this close to the start of the season?

What are you asking us for?

Mr Chansiris your man for that one.

10 hours ago, camffiti said:

Looks like it's going to be yet another autumnal pre-season, with new manager & signings bedding in late 

So our massive Championship winning streak wont be starting until Christmas 

How will any signings be bedding in late when the window shuts on August 8th?

11 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

How will any signings be bedding in late when the window shuts on August 8th?

If they sign on deadline day, they won't have played pre-season with us.

8th is earlier than usual, but bedding players in after the season starts, is the point. I thought that was hard to miss 

This has happened many times before, but tbf it wouldn't be the clubs fault this time 

People don't want megson back so why would bully be better.

Megson is an ex player the same but has a lot of managerial experience.

Bully is good at what he's been doing and a top bloke but not yet a manager and just hasnt got the connections or pulling power of someone like van bronkhurst.

We need a few more in if promotion is to be a possibility and I don't see bully doing any transfer business.

13 hours ago, paddyowl said:

The manager is already in place, trusted by the players and the Chairman, continuity and togetherness. Mr Lee Bullen.

he's in place and takes the pressure out of the situation (no need to act in haste) BUT he isn't the long term solution ....