Is it already too late?

What time scale do you think the Chairman is working to for the appointment of the next manager? How late do you think he could possibly leave it? And at that point does he go with the staff we already have in place?

Is the best option now to keep Bullen in place to avoid any more disruption to the players? If a new manager is hired could this have a detrimental effect this close to the start of the season?

TBH the main pain in the backside is that Bruce would have had the authority to get rid of one or two to bring in some dosh and the contacts to pull in some top quality loanees.

Random Foreign Manager (insert name) wont have a rats farting chance of doing that hence DC needs to appoint a Classic Brit quickly. (Rowett is probably an obvious bet although I think Megson or Stuart Gray would be miles better). 

Opting for Bullen makes sense at one level (continuity) but I think it will end in tears cos if we aren’t top 6 at Crimbo the fans will want him out and so will DC. 

Edited by Rogerwyldesmullet
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, owl1977 said:

What time scale do you think the Chairman is working to for the appointment of the next manager? How late do you think he could possibly leave it? And at that point does he go with the staff we already have in place?

Is the best option now to keep Bullen in place to avoid any more disruption to the players? If a new manager is hired could this have a detrimental effect this close to the start of the season?

I'd expect DC not to rush and get someone in too quick. He'll leave Bullen to run things for around 6 weeks and then bring someone in, depending on availability of a suitable candidate. That's just a guess but if it comes true could you tell everyone I was ITK please.

1 minute ago, Shetland Owl said:

{People are writing off Bullen even before he starts, I hope he gets the chance

I think the problem is that he just won't get a chance. In fact I think a fair portion of the fanbase would be less patient with him than they would with other potential candidates because he already knows the club inside out. Too much downside to this IMO. At the moment, we have a great guy who can step in to keep things on an even keel when we need him to. 

The great thing for us in all this negativity is that we have an individual in Lee Bullen who has always put the interests of the club ahead of his own, which is why I have such admiration for him as an individual. I am not sure whether he can take us to the promised land but he is a safe pair of hands and someone who can certainly step into the shoes for the time being to prevent us making a hasty and poor decision.

2 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

I'd expect DC not to rush and get someone in too quick. He'll leave Bullen to run things for around 6 weeks and then bring someone in, depending on availability of a suitable candidate. That's just a guess but if it comes true could you tell everyone I was ITK please.

I can’t see how hanging on for 6 weeks helps. Nobody new will be available in that timeframe. 

Mr C needs to crack on, make a decision and get someone in. Not Bullen though.

Guest wilyfox

It may be too late to salvage one aspect. I don't know what player recruitment we had left in mind before C*nt! left, but I think all this will have scuppered any plans on that front - and that's what I'm most concerned about. We have weak areas that need addressing. 

1 minute ago, sibon said:

I can’t see how hanging on for 6 weeks helps. Nobody new will be available in that timeframe. 

Mr C needs to crack on, make a decision and get someone in. Not Bullen though.

Who was talking about available managers, he could go for someone already employed.

I love Bully,hes a great bloke and hes served this club loyaly,Im not sure if hes got what it takes for the top job.I saw him after the Hull game and he looked stressed to feck.

Id hate to see the guys Wednesday association end in tears on both sides,but if Stuart Gray was to come in as his assistant,wed have two very popular figures  at the helm,which you feel would unite the fan base

Bruce was officially announced yesterday ffs. Plus it was bowling night last night. 

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

It may be too late to salvage one aspect. I don't know what player recruitment we had left in mind before C*nt! left, but I think all this will have scuppered any plans on that front - and that's what I'm most concerned about. We have weak areas that need addressing. 

Decent point, the two other cun... Steves have definitely left the club but if Strudwick and other coaching staff are still here then maybe the scouting staff will be too. It’s not like they’d be needed up there 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, beswetherick said:

Bruce was officially announced yesterday ffs. Plus it was bowling night last night. 

Decent point, the two other cun... Steves have definitely left the club but if Strudwick and other coaching staff are still here then maybe the scouting staff will be too. It’s not like they’d be needed up there 

Delighted if Strudwick stays. I'm hoping his input will help us beat our injury curse. Maybe the recruitment staff are still in place. Doesn't matter too much if they aren't at this stage. List of player targets would have been drawn up long ago.

Problem is, players want to know whom they're play for. We can't answer that yet. Manager (and contacts) also play a big part in luring a player. Does Bullen have the same appeal as a proven champ manager like the C*nt! ?? Possibly not. 

27 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

{People are writing off Bullen even before he starts, I hope he gets the chance

What contacts has he got in the game ? 

What experience has he got ?

Yes he knows all the players but so does the tea lady 

Why should we risk it with a novice, when with the right manager , we should at least finish in the top 6 with the squad we've got 

Bullen is not a manager !

If he wants to manage Wednesday let him drop down to the lower leagues and prove himself 

• Like 1