Newcastle manager

29 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If Newcastle have sounded out this bioke, he will most likely get the job over Bruce. My bet is they weren't willing to meet our demands and thought sod it we'll have a look for someone else.

Bruce's resignation might be nothing to do with pushing through a move to Newcastle. He might have just been fed up and had enough. 

Again all speculation, some kind of clarity is needed. 

Yet Bruce admitted that he'd had talks with Newcastle and that things would be clearer in 24-48 hours. Weird situation. 

• Like 1

Twitter ramblings saying he's definitely in Newcastle... but also definitely in Sheffield. Love the internet.

Think a very safe bet he's in the country though, and the list of possible reasons he'd be visiting isn't massive. 

F*cking love this saga :ph34r:

• Haha 1

It's funny how no confirmation had come through on Bruce or the compo?

Has the cheque bounced? Betfair had the Lyon dude right in at 3/1 second favourite but minutes ago he was driffeting to 7s and Bruce's odds were strengthening again. Watch the bookies. They'll now have hawks onto it. Where's that compo though? 

compo_2724949b.jpg

26 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It would be nice if we bended over a little bit as a club sometimes, maybe then we wouldn't find ourselves in transfer embargoes and having to sell our ground to avoid points deductions. 

Chansiri did right to demand compensation as he did, but if we were holding out for more than 4m I think that is a bit extreme. Normally clubs don't demand for compensation for backroom staff individually, it is part of the managers package. 

Couldn't disagree more. £4m to a PL side is fu.ck all. Steve Bruce to a championship side is top drawer. We've been bumm3d in the past when selling Di canio all the way through to selling Antonio. I'm 100% behind DC on this one. It's time to stand up for ourselves.

5 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

It's funny how no confirmation had come through on Bruce or the compo?

Has the cheque bounced? Betfair had the Lyon dude right in at 3/1 second favourite but minutes ago he was driffeting to 7s and Bruce's odds were strengthening again. Watch the bookies. They'll now have hawks onto it. Where's that compo though? 

compo_2724949b.jpg

Compo is in the Cayman Isles sat in the Café Escrow !

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

That’s us fizzed over if true.

If true that’s what we get for playing hard ball. 

By ‘hardball’ do you mean seeking compensation for a manager under contract rather than just letting him walk away and into another job for absolutely nothing?

15 minutes ago, Quist said:

I am but can not say. It was sent over. If agreement reached it does not matter what happens afterwards. I suspect Bruce and resigning was part of deal as possibly reduced money we had to pay him and his assistants. 

It is not sorted for assistants so if hey not wanted we may to whistle for that.

I think Genesio is in England but not to see Newcastle.

I think Bruce is going to NUFC, but don't get the hold up. Somethings not right.

Knowing how Ashley operates, I'm just amazed that people can be 100% sure. I'll trust you on this one and have a cheeky 5er on it.

lol

• Like 1