Newcastle manager

Just now, Tudders said:

By ‘hardball’ do you mean seeking compensation for a manager under contract rather than just letting him walk away and into another job for absolutely nothing?

He just makes it up as he goes along. 

Have to applaud the consistency though. 

• Haha 2

Although I don't think anything will come of this one...

If someone taps up your manager and they subsequently resign, wouldn't you have a case to compensation even if the other club decide not to hire them?

And if not, let's just offer every other Championship manager our job for £1bn a week if they resign, then never get round to hiring them.

Edited by southportdc

Guest oz_owl
1 minute ago, SiJ said:

He just makes it up as he goes along. 

Have to applaud the consistency though. 

Even someone with a plan has made that plan up. As they go. 

Guest oz_owl
Just now, stocksyuto said:

Oh ffs why does it have to be so drawn out just sign him and f*cking crack on with recruitment ,DC really does need to get a move on only he could drag something out this long

He only resigned yesterday, bit harsh to say DC is dragging anything out here!

Just now, southportdc said:

Although I don't think anything will come of this one...

If someone taps up your manager and they subsequently resign, wouldn't you have a case to compensation even if the other club decide not to hire them?

My understanding (also confirmed by Nixon), is that we would still be entitled to compensation for Bruce, even if he didn't end up becoming Newcastle manager. 

By resigning, Bruce is not fulfilling his part of the contractual arrangement and as a result we are entitled to compensation should he seek new employment i.e., whoever wanted to employ him would have to pay up. 

Alternatively, I'd imagine Bruce would have to sit out his contract and go on Gardening Leave. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Oh ffs why does it have to be so drawn out just sign him and f*cking crack on with recruitment ,DC really does need to get a move on only he could drag something out this long

Do you really think it is that straightforward. 

This isn't Football Manager. 

Maybe he met up with Ashley in a Sheffield hotel and it's not happened. Have not been able to agree. Bruce at Betfair now strengthening at 1/14 on. Saw him at 1/3 earlier. Others had him at evens I saw. So maybe it's played out live at some hotel. And now all that is left is Bruce cos the Lyon dude has left unhappy? Says much for the confidence in Bruce. Was he planning on having both there. Bruce the DOF up there? 

Newcastle are a disgrace of a club 

refuse to pay the compensation figure stated in someone’s contract, make a manager and his whole backroom staff resign and then go chasing someone else 

If that’s not something that should be punishable I really don’t know what to say 

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I think Bruce is going to NUFC, but don't get the hold up. Somethings not right.

Knowing how Ashley operates, I'm just amazed that people can be 100% sure. I'll trust you on this one and have a cheeky 5er on it.

lol

Not many clubs looking for managers? I thought worth a gamble I am guessing but looking at our other options anything is possible.

I looked at alternatives as was going to place bet on them too did not find any.

3 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

What are you on about? 

Sign the ex Lyon manager who has only been mentioned in the last hour and is like 95% certain not to be interested in us? Sign the Newcastle manager? 

We've been managerless for about 30 hours, and the hiring process takes some time. Even if we started looking last week when all this started, we'd still be doing very well to sign anyone today.

Tbf, it would be quite funny if the end result is Steve Bruce out of work and on gardening leave. 

Yeah, we've lost a decent manager, but the guy seemingly had little commitment to the cause or respect for the club, owner, fans. 

Main thing we need is some finality on the situation i.e., confirmation that Steve Bruce is no longer our manager. 

Then we can move on and start looking for his replacement. Hopefully, we hear something before too long, but this whole thing appears to be turning into a protracted saga. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

If all Chansiri has done is request the compensation figure in Bruce’s contract then this is an absolute disgrace from Ashley and Charnley 

Bully boy tactics from MA and LC in the hope Chansiri accepts there compensation ‘offer’ 

PL should be ashamed they let people like this run football clubs

11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, it would be quite funny if the end result is Steve Bruce out of work and on gardening leave. 

Yeah, we've lost a decent manager, but the guy seemingly had little commitment to the cause or respect for the club, owner, fans. 

Main thing we need is some finality on the situation i.e., confirmation that Steve Bruce is no longer our manager. 

Then we can move on and start looking for his replacement. Hopefully, we hear something before too long, but this whole thing appears to be turning into a protracted saga. 

would definitely take some satisfaction from him ending up in whatever scenario he least wants out of all the possibilities 

This could only happen to Wednesday.

DC can't be blamed for playing hardball. If he hadn't we'd all be slating him for not doing so. That said, it could result in the worst outcome possible for Wednesday: no manager and no compo.

I suppose if this French link proves to be true, technically we still have Steve Bruce as manager as it looks like we haven't accepted his resignation yet. If he ever tendered it that is!

We'd have been delighted by the prospect of going into the new season with Bruce as manager a couple of weeks ago.

The Tates and Campbells was easier to follow than The Wednesday circus.

UTO