Newcastle manager

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If Newcastle have sounded out this bioke, he will most likely get the job over Bruce. My bet is they weren't willing to meet our demands and thought sod it we'll have a look for someone else.

Bruce's resignation might be nothing to do with pushing through a move to Newcastle. He might have just been fed up and had enough. 

Again all speculation, some kind of clarity is needed. 

Bruces quotes at the weekend suggested that he was going to Newcastle. He tried to force our hand by resigning but Chansiri stood his ground (as he should). 

Sheffield Wednesday are not at fault here this says more about Newcastle's owner than ours. 

14 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

This is a terrible situation really. We could have just shot ourselves in the foot. 

Bruce won’t be Sheffield Wednesday manager regardless. So either accept £4m and let him leave to Newcastle or receive nothing and accept resignation. 

Is this completely out of the question, based on what's actually known facts?

9 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

My educated total guess is he has resigned, based on the fact he's been removed from stuff like the Owls twitter header and such things. 

Yeah I'm sure you're right. 

Just puzzling that they haven't announced him if there's no reason not to (compo sorted etc)

As other posters have said, until the club make an official announcement then everything so far is just media talk. 

1 minute ago, archieswfc said:

Yeah we really should start bending over more.

It would be nice if we bended over a little bit as a club sometimes, maybe then we wouldn't find ourselves in transfer embargoes and having to sell our ground to avoid points deductions. 

Chansiri did right to demand compensation as he did, but if we were holding out for more than 4m I think that is a bit extreme. Normally clubs don't demand for compensation for backroom staff individually, it is part of the managers package. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

Would love to buy a house off some of the fans posting on here.

‘How much is it on for ?’

’325k’

’OK, I really like the house...but I also really like another house, even though I haven’t seen it, I don’t know where it is, I don’t know how much it costs nor do I know if it is for sale, even if I had seen it or knew what I was talking about.’

’wait wait buy my house please , you can have it for a tenner for cash’

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

4 million great deal, but I think that should have included the backroom team as well.

The amount we are due is whatever is in the contracts. Not a penny more or a penny less. DC will not negotiate with a shyster like Ashley. If Newcastle had done things the right way there might have been some small level of goodwill but as he tried to stiff us, and so did Bruce, DC had dug his heels in.

I'm glad DC has got a pair.