Newcastle manager

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

He loaned £1.5m to us under Mandaric (now pair back, I believe). Not heard him linked during the DC era.

Thanks I knew he had been connected to us in some way. 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, it would be quite funny if the end result is Steve Bruce out of work and on gardening leave. 

The thing with gardening leave as I understand it is that our club pays his wages whilst he loafs about at home with his feet up. 

So he's chucked the job in, not been sacked and we still have to pay up his contract?? That can't be right, can it?

3 minutes ago, Sprinkler said:

The thing with gardening leave as I understand it is that our club pays his wages whilst he loafs about at home with his feet up. 

So he's chucked the job in, not been sacked and we still have to pay up his contract?? That can't be right, can it?

I'm not sure how it works in football.  In the real world, you have to work your notice.  Your employer could put you on gardening leave. However, if you absent yourself during your notice period, your employer does not have to pay you.

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

That’s us fizzed over if true.

If true that’s what we get for playing hard ball. 

Jesus Christ!

Good job DC isn't an invertebrate  

20 minutes ago, Glenn59 said:

Bit of clarity, Bruce is actually going to manage the Newcastle branch of Sports Direct

thYFYW8Z3S.jpg

Staff ready to go on strike as a result.

Ok How about this as a conspiracy theory

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Twitter ramblings saying he's definitely in Newcastle... but also definitely in Sheffield. Love the internet.

Think a very safe bet he's in the country though, and the list of possible reasons he'd be visiting isn't massive. 

F*cking love this saga :ph34r:

Ok How about this as a conspiracy theory. We are strapped for cash to buy players, Bruce is getting desperate so he hatches a plan with DC. Bruce tells Ashley he wants the Newcastle job, boyhood club and he's really keen, so keen he will work really cheap. Ashley see's a way of p1ssing off the fans and saving a few bob. He tells Bruce the job is his and offers DC £50 to get Bruce out of his contract. DC digs his heels in and wants £4M. Bruce resigns from us and Ashley sends over £4M fo DC to get us to release Bruce from his contract. DC accepts and banks the money and releases SB from his contract.

DC does a deal with Chelsea for Hector, Bruce signs another contract with us and resumes his job as manager. Ashley is fuming, Wednesday and Barcodes fans p!ss themselves laughing. Ashley is a laughing stock and has to sell Newcastle on the cheap to save face.

Everyone (except Ashley) lives happily ever after.

OK it's a fairy story but a lot of it ties in with the known non facts. Anyway I entertained my self working it out while waiting for some proper news.lol

Edited by prowl
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, prowl said:

Ok How about this as a conspiracy theory

Ok How about this as a conspiracy theory. We are strapped for cash to buy players, Bruce is getting desperate so he hatches a plan with DC. Bruce tells Ashley he wants the Newcastle job, boyhood club and he's really keen, so keen he will work really cheap. Ashley see's a way of p1ssing off the fans and saving a few bob. He tells Bruce the job is his and offers DC £50 to get Bruce out of his contract. DC digs his heels in and wants £4M. Bruce resigns from us and Ashley sends over £4M fo DC to get us to release Bruce from his contract. DC accepts and banks the money and releases SB from his contract.

DC does a deal with Chelsea for Hector, Bruce signs another contract with us and resumes his job as manager. Ashley is fuming, Wednesday and Barcodes fans p!ss themselves laughing. Ashley is a laughing stock and has to sell Newcastle on the cheap to save face.

Everyone (except Ashley) lives happily ever after.

OK it's a fairy story but a lot of it ties in with the known non facts. Anyway I entertained my self working it out while waiting for some proper news.lol

That's more far fetched than JK Rowling writing that the ginger kid in Harry Potter had not 1 but 2 mates! :laugh:

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

That's more far fetched than JK Rowling writing that the ginger kid in Harry Potter had not 1 but 2 mates! :laugh:

Either I've got a vivid imagination or I was doing a tedious job of laying a load of block paviors and my mind started to wander.

I think was was the boring pavior option because my back aches.lol