Joao wants out according to the sun

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9512616/transfer-news-live-de-ligt-juventus-coutinho-liverpool-newcastle/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballtwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1563275710

EXCLUSIVE: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY striker Lucas Joao is set to hand in a transfer request after the club rejected bids from two Championship rivals.

The Owls turned down offers from the unknown teams because they did not meet their £8million valuation.

But the Portuguese ace, 25, wants out of Hillsborough where he has spent four seasons, scoring 25 goals from 114 appearances – but 61 of those have been from the bench.

A source close to Joao said: “He wants to move on to a new challenge. He is disappointed the club have not allowed him to talk to other teams and if there is no solution soon he will be putting in a transfer request.

“Joao believes he is being overvalued out of a move.”

Joao joined Wednesday from Portuguese club Nacional on a four-year deal – but signed an extension that ties him to the managerless Yorkshire team until the summer of 2021.

Edited by owlse
  • Haha 1

Joao is exactly the sort of player that will kick on once we sell him... and I also think that makes him exactly the sort of player we should cash in on before it's too late. It's a shame he hasn't (and genuinely believe won't) reach his full potential here, but there's a few million to be made on his sale. Can see there being something in this, and we could make the best of this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, owlse said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9512616/transfer-news-live-de-ligt-juventus-coutinho-liverpool-newcastle/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballtwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1563275710

EXCLUSIVE: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY striker Lucas Joao is set to hand in a transfer request after the club rejected bids from two Championship rivals.

The Owls turned down offers from the unknown teams because they did not meet their £8million valuation.

But the Portuguese ace, 25, wants out of Hillsborough where he has spent four seasons, scoring 25 goals from 114 appearances – but 61 of those have been from the bench.

A source close to Joao said: “He wants to move on to a new challenge. He is disappointed the club have not allowed him to talk to other teams and if there is no solution soon he will be putting in a transfer request.

“Joao believes he is being overvalued out of a move.”

Joao joined Wednesday from Portuguese club Nacional on a four-year deal – but signed an extension that ties him to the managerless Yorkshire team until the summer of 2021.

Disappointing, but was underused by the previous manager

Guest domSWFC

May explain the pictures with DC the other day. 

Good player but so inconsistent. He's not a young upcoming player with a point to prove anymore, he should be reaching his prime soon. Sell him whilst he's still got some value. 

Be a shame to lose him, but best of luck to him. 

i wouldn't be surprised that a few are unsettled due to Bruce leaving  sooner we get someone in and sort out the discontents the better 

Joao is an enigmatic talent but no where consistent enough for me to miss him 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hitcat said:

He shouldn't have signed an extension last summer then. The moron.

To be fair, when he signed Jos saw him as our No1 striker.

Depends on who the manager is as to where he lies in the pecking order. Seems Bruce didn't fancy him.

8 million is a ridiculous figure for the player to be fair. His career has not progressed the way we all thought it would but seriously can you make a case for him being our out and out front man I can not. An offer of 6 million pounds I would listen. I am convinced he will forever be the frustrating player we have seen since he arrived here. 

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

To be fair, when he signed Jos saw him as our No1 striker.

Depends on who the manager is as to where he lies in the pecking order. Seems Bruce didn't fancy him.

Bet bruce would have if he was covered in pastry

• Haha 3

Chansiri will sell him if he’s asked to go 

we need to get rid of 2 strikers and change the whole look of our options up top anyway,  that lad Pigott isn’t the worst suggestion but I’d love to see a Brewster or Nmecha come in on a season long loan give us something explosive and completely different