Joao wants out according to the sun

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

No, not kidding at all, I think Steven Fletcher is too limited a footballer to operate as the lone striker Some people like that type of striker in the role, but I think less and less, especially top two divisions. Strangely enough, Hughton uses a similar type of player in Murray. In my opinion, he too is very limited. 

Jesus ,  wish Murray had spent a bit of his ‘limited’ career with us

what did he bag in 2012-13 ? 30+ goals ?

Guest LondonOwl313
33 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

No, not kidding at all, I think Steven Fletcher is too limited a footballer to operate as the lone striker Some people like that type of striker in the role, but I think less and less, especially in the top two divisions. Strangely enough, Hughton uses a similar type of player in Murray. In my opinion, he too is very limited. 

Thing is, if you added pace and a bit more skill on the ball plus more goals to Fletchers game, he’d basically be Didier Drogba and therefore at a top 6 club. All players at our level have some form of limitation, and that’s why they’re at this level. A lack of consistency is probably the worst kind of limitation given that almost every team that gets promoted from this league tend to show consistency as a prerequisite. Do you think Joao is going to become more consistent because I don’t.. if he does then fair enough, but if he’s not going to and there’s good money to be had selling him then that’s the right course of action 

29 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Thing is, if you added pace and a bit more skill on the ball plus more goals to Fletchers game, he’d basically be Didier Drogba and therefore at a top 6 club. All players at our level have some form of limitation, and that’s why they’re at this level. A lack of consistency is probably the worst kind of limitation given that almost every team that gets promoted from this league tend to show consistency as a prerequisite. Do you think Joao is going to become more consistent because I don’t.. if he does then fair enough, but if he’s not going to and there’s good money to be had selling him then that’s the right course of action 

I don’t know whether he will become more consistent, I also have my doubts. However, when he is good, he can be sublime, and far in excess of what we have, or are likely to afford. So for those reasons, I’d keep him, and if it were up to me, I’d give him regular game time to see if that might help. 

Edited by gurujuan

For all the people who think 8 million is too much for Joao

Gary Madine went for 6 million

Dem Blavdes are about to pay 9 million to Brentford for a striker

Joao has all the tools, he just needs the right manager

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.