Joao wants out according to the sun

22 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Bruce left because he's a cu nt

On Joao I think £8m is achievable, I'd certainly not be happy if he went for less than the £6m pigs just paid Preston for Robinson

Personally, Joao would be at the top of my list to retain.

Callum Robinson is a superior player in my opinion. Don't know how they got him for £6-7M quoted. 

Worthwhile asset to sell, no issue with him wanting to move on. Can understand his frustration with being picked out wide when he should be playing up front. Having said that he does let himself down with his application. If we get £5m I’d take it and reinvest elsewhere. 

This is why we need a manager straight away

2 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I love how we take a totally baseless bit of nonsense with zero credibility and within four pages we've abused him, slated his play and got him valued and packaged ready for sale, incredible.

:ghoulguy:

And stuck the boot in to Mr Chairman whilst they are at it. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

A player of his inconsistency and age is a gamble signing for anyone.

Best case scenario is he scores 20 a season for the next 2 years and either fires a team to the Prem or someone comes in for him. By which point he’ll be 28? so you’d be delighted to get anything circa £15million. So then when you consider you’re initial investment, his wages, Wednesday’s cut, and any other leeches around the deal, you’d be very lucky to break even if you bought him for anything above £6million. 

In todays world of FFP teams are looking for value more than ever. At £2mill he’s a calculated risk, £4mill he’s 50/50 gamble and anything above that he’s a million to one shot. 

Interesting, if you applied the same logic to the other player for whom we’ve apparently turned down bids, Rhodes, he would be 32 and have zero resale value. He has scored goals before, but his record over the last three seasons mirrors that of Joao, so using those calculations, he’d be a gamble at £1m?

32 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

On Joao I think £8m is achievable, I'd certainly not be happy if he went for less than the £6m pigs just paid Preston for Robinson

I'm with you. I think he would thrive being the first-choice striker for another Championship club. One of our biggest assets 

Holding onto Rhodes/Winnall and selling Joao would be a mistake

Edited by evaD

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Interesting, if you applied the same logic to the other player for whom we’ve apparently turned down bids, Rhodes, he would be 32 and have zero resale value. He has scored goals before, but his record over the last three seasons mirrors that of Joao, so using those calculations, he’d be a gamble at £1m?

Exactly.

But with Rhodes the fact Blackburn paid way over the odds for him means everyone since has been chasing to get their money back. The sore point is he should’ve been a duff investment for Boro, then we came along...

I do believe that Joao will not be the only young player looking to move this season.

Young players need to play to improve, I think that at least ten of our young players need to move to enhance their careers .

Dawson and Wildsmith definitely need a move to improve sat watching Westwood for two years won’t do either of them any good.

Thornliy,Matt Penny, Ash Penny could also benefit from a move away from S6.

Can you imagine handing a transfer request in because you feel you are over valued by the club you play for?  Embarassing. "Im not as good as you think DC but I'd like to go elsewhere because I'm better than this club."

• Haha 3

If Joao asked for transfer it reduces the cut he gets of any transfer fee. Therefore it will help any potential buyers.

Whilst Joao has all necessary attributes to be excellent striker, size, aped reasonable touch. He often to me tires much too quickly. He seems legless after 45 minutes and in todays football when forwards are expected to close down and work hard when a team does not have the ball I think he struggles. Always see him as impact player off bench.

53 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

I take it you’ve seen Robinson play for PNE quite a bit to decide if he’s worse/better than Joao?

Personally I think DC is right in this market to want 8m. Especially if two clubs want him.

If Joao doesn’t like it then he will have to put up with it. A bit of leeway needed perhaps but if he wants out for a paltry fee we can’t replace him. 

3 minutes ago, Pilky said:

Can you imagine handing a transfer request in because you feel you are over valued by the club you play for?  Embarassing. "Im not as good as you think DC but I'd like to go elsewhere because I'm better than this club."

So your slating him for something that might not have even happened ffs.