Joao wants out according to the sun

24 minutes ago, evaD said:

I'm with you. I think he would thrive being the first-choice striker for another Championship club. One of our biggest assets 

Holding onto Rhodes/Winnall and selling Joao would be a mistake

I get the impression there may be more interest in Joao though and our FFP work might not be done. But a player sale and manager compo would make a difference.

1 minute ago, basegreenowl said:

The fee just needs sorting somehow and then we can add something different up top and bring in the centre half we all know. Was hoping the compo might help in that direction too. 

This. Joao has had his time now in my opinion. No manager could get him to play well enough consistently. He's one of many players in his position and we could do with raising some more funds through the club. Yes we'll miss some of his attributes but hopefully we could make sure we bring in a player with pace and strength in place of him. 

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I get the impression there may be more interest in Joao though and our FFP work might not be done. But a player sale and manager compo would make a difference.

Absolutely. Which is why if we do have to sell him then I think DC would be right, when in other cases he hasn't been, to hold out for the maximum we can get. I don't think £8m is too far off the mark

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

I don't think it is. Hugill went for 10, Swansea just turned down 15 for McBurnie. With a little more consistency, Joao would be worth double the 8mil DC is holding out for. 

Agreed. Reach and Joao are the only two we have who are at an age where they could fetch big money. Forestieris case with Mansfield has scuppered him for several windows. 

If we sell cheap, who do we bring in to win a game for us AND solve FFP.

Clubs will want to take advantage of us currently and with a manager leaving due to a price on his head being high other players think they’ll have a bit of that. But thankfully they can’t resign. 

It's quite obviously clear that this has leaked from Newcastle/Bruce.

Throughout Chansiri's chairmanship there has been little next to no leaks about Wednesday players.

It might be true and it might not. It might be true of other players throughout the last few seasons and we just don't know about it.

I don't get the snipes towards João.

Another thought is (and this is 2+2 = 5 thinking)

Maybe Chansiri is getting Carlos back and I remember when Swansea came to Hillsborough, João and Carlos did not seem on good terms.

Food for thought.

• Haha 1

Guest Ash76
10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I take it you’ve seen Robinson play for PNE quite a bit to decide if he’s worse/better than Joao?

I’ve seen him enough to form an opinion yes. Reminds me of Calvert Lewin but no where near same standard 

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Especially if buying club is Brentford!

If it’s brentford they can afford to pay also. As can Huddersfield, the market isn’t flat for them. 

I could see him scoring loads for Brentford. London appealing also