Odds For The New Manager

14 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think it might be Labbadia myself but I'm expecting an appointment in the mound of CC and JL which will probably cause a meltdown on here? :rolleyes:

Someone will meltdown on here whatever happens.

It's drama queen central.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Brianmcgee said:

Stevie G would be perfect for us, he's definitely going to be a top manager, imo. 

He'd never manage us he lost a relative in the disaster so I very much doubt he would want to manage at Hillsborough 

4 minutes ago, striker said:

The thing about football managers is we (myself included) always perceive past achievements as being indicative of future success. 

Because a manager won promotion 5 or 10 years ago, we assume they have a magic recipe, when in truth football is evolving quickly in terms of tactics, conditioning, speed of play etc. 

I can see merit in looking for who is up and coming, who is successful right now. For that reason and in consideration of style of attacking football and recent promotions, would like to see Cook and/or Stendl seriously considered. 

Could understand Hughton, his CV is impressive, and as an established, experienced option about as good as we could get,  but none of the other names are particularly exciting.

That's my thinking too. Well said. 

If it's not Hughton, then I can see the reasoning behind following the latest trends of managerial appointments. By ignoring the usual out of work old school managers with long CVs. And instead going for a forward thinking or out of the box, long term type of appointment. Recently retired high profile players, foreign imports or managers in the EFL on the rise. Personally I'd go all out for someone like Paul Cook.

10 minutes ago, owler66 said:

He'd never manage us he lost a relative in the disaster so I very much doubt he would want to manage at Hillsborough 

He has his eyes on liverpool job after Klopp leaves anyway, he wont risk his career here. 

Which is why he turned Newcastle down.

10 minutes ago, striker said:

The thing about football managers is we (myself included) always perceive past achievements as being indicative of future success. 

Because a manager won promotion 5 or 10 years ago, we assume they have a magic recipe, when in truth football is evolving quickly in terms of tactics, conditioning, speed of play etc. 

I can see merit in looking for who is up and coming, who is successful right now. For that reason and in consideration of style of attacking football and recent promotions, would like to see Cook and/or Stendl seriously considered. 

Could understand Hughton, his CV is impressive, and as an established, experienced option about as good as we could get,  but none of the other names are particularly exciting.

This is so true but never mentioned.  There are loads of now forgotten managers who looked like the next Ferguson for a couple of years. Maclaren is an example of anther breed who seem to keep getting jobs but have never done anything. It's a heck of a job picking a winner.  Hughton is the direct opposite of Bruce, a principled man who acts with dignity and has the experience, though, as stated above, thats no guarantee. 

United took a chance on Wilder and we could take a chance on Cowley. Same backgrounds with success at lower level, but climbing all the time.

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He has his eyes on liverpool job after Klopp leaves anyway, he wont risk his career here. 

Which is why he turned Newcastle down.

Agree on that, he could succeed if he came here but he could also fail badly.

At Rangers the worst he should do now that they have given him some backing is 2nd to Celtic who have all the money in that league. If he gets one over on Celtic then he will be a hero.

2 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

This is so true but never mentioned.  There are loads of now forgotten managers who looked like the next Ferguson for a couple of years. Maclaren is an example of anther breed who seem to keep getting jobs but have never done anything. It's a heck of a job picking a winner.  Hughton is the direct opposite of Bruce, a principled man who acts with dignity and has the experience, though, as stated above, thats no guarantee. 

United took a chance on Wilder and we could take a chance on Cowley. Same backgrounds with success at lower level, but climbing all the time.

Exactly, think it's the best way to go about it if we can't get Hughton, the next best thing or smartest option would be someone on the rise.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/frank-lampard-chelsea-manager-fast-track-job-end-english-old-guard

Guest Grez Bez

If like Hughton but a part of me wants to see what Danny Cowley could do.

I know it hasn't worked fir us in the past but just get a good feeling about it!

5 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Just had to google him; manager of Colorado Rapids, ex manager of Bahrain and NZ. 

No thanks... he was fired about 8 games ago for an abysmal start to the MLS season..   Current interim manager is Connor Casey who has got the ragtag group on a winning run...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

As usual the sounds coming out of the club is deafening. The sky reporter said nobody at the club had confirmed or denied anything.

A good tactic. Get the work done then tell people about it. No guessing. No bull. Just tell it how it is and when it is.

That's the proper and honourable way to do things.

Mr Chansiri seems to be gaining popularity and he hasn't said a word or appeared in public. Good man sir. Respect.

Please make sure you get the next appointment right for us fans. You won't please us all but all we want is a manager that gets results and keeps the players and yourself going in an upward direction.

He has probably learned that whatever you say certain individuals will always look for worst in it so best to say nowt. Have Newcastle said anything? If it hoes to court the more you have said the worse it is.

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think it might be Labbadia myself but I'm expecting an appointment in the mound of CC and JL which will probably cause a meltdown on here? :rolleyes:

Be a nightmare.

Really don’t want Zola. We don’t have the players he needs just as Birmingham didn’t. 

If we go domestic there must be number of more sensible choices. If we go abroad again I think we’d speak to Labbadia again as he was heavily linked pre Jos.

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Really don’t want Zola. We don’t have the players he needs just as Birmingham didn’t. 

If we go domestic there must be number of more sensible choices. If we go abroad again I think we’d speak to Labbadia again as he was heavily linked pre Jos.

He is just not a good coach.