Odds For The New Manager

16 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Well if he’s approached Hughton it won’t be the person everyone thinks it is 

Might be the same adviser who suggested Rhodes: Owlstalk!

lol

Edited by bobness

I doubt we've approached anyone yet. FFS we haven't even announced Bruce's resignation yet. Has for Hughton, I've never thought for one minute he'd come here. Totally expecting our next manager to be foreign after DC having his fingers burnt with Bruce.

The odds are all over the place so Wednesday had obviously not expected Bruce to leave prior to story breaking. Although Hughton favourite odds have drifted out to 9-4 from a shade odds on. some gossip about him not being interested in job. 

Zola is 7-2 with Sky but greater than that with other firms. I suspect this was an attempt to get some momentum behind him by his agents as without a job after Sari left Chelsea. Chansiri has taken a couple of no hopers in past and no doubt they are hoping he could be duped again. Outside of this no real indication as who we may be interested in. Stendel I think has links with agents who supplied us in first years of Chansir'is tenure and he did well at Barnsley last year is priced at 9-1 as third favourite. In the 10-1 plus range you have all currently out of work Championship faces. Giovanni Van Bronckhorst is in betting never managed in England and surprised to find him on all sites quite prominent. Could be being pushed by Agents.

Their are some potentially good managers but who would do well I am not sure and very tricky picking a man to suit us and take us forward. 

I normally have strong view as to who I would like as manager but currently at a loss as to who I would want.

All pushed by agents these betting lists 

Chansiri won’t know who half of em are , some of em even I don’t know !

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I doubt we've approached anyone yet. FFS we haven't even announced Bruce's resignation yet. Has for Hughton, I've never thought for one minute he'd come here. Totally expecting our next manager to be foreign after DC having his fingers burnt with Bruce.

I personally think we will utilise the compo to get someone in a job who's stock is rising

Guest Theboylangers
14 minutes ago, tashton said:

Nobody mentioned another manager out of work who lives local ...  Nigel Adkins?

I think someone did earlier. 

Mentioned something about pulling their teeth out with rusty pliers than have him as manager. 

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

I personally think we will utilise the compo to get someone in a job who's stock is rising

Not too sure, don’t think Chansiri would try and take someone’s manager 

I’m not a betting man but if I chucked a few quid at anyone on that list it would be Nigel Pearson 

Edited by Guest

Just now, Royal_D said:

Not too sure, don’t think Chansiri would try and take someone’s manager 

My thinking, is he might try something different, still got a hunch he might go with the latest managerial appointment trends. The trend seems to be to avoid out of work typical experienced types with long CVs and going with recently retired players, foreign imports who have been involved with fashionable clubs and lower league graduates or EFL managers on the rise. I'd go for someone like Paul Cook.

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

My thinking, is he might try something different, still got a hunch he might go with the latest managerial appointment trends. The trend seems to be to avoid out of work typical experienced types with long CVs and going with recently retired players, foreign imports who have been involved with fashionable clubs and lower league graduates or EFL managers on the rise. I'd go for someone like Paul Cook.

Aye, I’d love to see Paul Cook here but not sure he would leave Wigan if am honest , 2 cracking signings inbound for them 

1 hour ago, 31Dec1966 said:

This is so true but never mentioned.  There are loads of now forgotten managers who looked like the next Ferguson for a couple of years. Maclaren is an example of anther breed who seem to keep getting jobs but have never done anything. It's a heck of a job picking a winner.  Hughton is the direct opposite of Bruce, a principled man who acts with dignity and has the experience, though, as stated above, thats no guarantee. 

United took a chance on Wilder and we could take a chance on Cowley. Same backgrounds with success at lower level, but climbing all the time.

Cowley won't have any power in terms of pulling in players. If we are going for a younger manager it needs to be a ex high calibre player on the up with great contacts! Arteta, Giggs, Vieira... 

1 minute ago, timeforaboycott said:

I would have agreed a few years ago, but he seems to fall out with everyone these days.

I’m no big fan of his, and only guessing like the rest of us , but I think if Chansiris remit is out of work domestic managers I’m not sure how Pearson won’t come up on his radar ...   he’s only got 1 promotion to his name but it’s 1 more than a lot of others on that list 

He’s turned it down before aswell I acknowledge that, but I think he’s always been in quite a strong position when the jobs come about previously.  If he needs a way back into the game now would he consider it, or indeed will he get a better chance than this