Odds For The New Manager

10 minutes ago, SupremeOwl said:

Van Bronckhorst would be very ambitious but I could see DC going for someone of that calibre to lift the spirits of the club again. Aided with that compensation, he might be able to pull something like that off.

I've convinced myself it's possible (based on very little admittedly!!) mainly because:

• Plays 433 and think we have players to play that way
  • Out of work
  • Keen on a move to England, apparently interested in newcastle job but his lack of Premiership experience saved him from that stinker of a job

Not sure how likely it is but in his short managerial career he's done very well.

Hughton the overwhelming best choice for me. 

Don’t fancy the journeyman type manager such as Pulis/McLaren/Moyes unless they’re a big personality type that can inspire the fans a bit in the way Bruce [spit!] did. For that reason I wouldn’t be upset with Allardyce, Pearson or Holloway. 

Cowleys track record is mighty impressive but mostly at a very low level. That’d be a huge gamble. 

Id quite like Gerrard, much more than Terry, but doubt he’d be interested. 

The other one I’ve touted before on here is Paul Cook. He’s had repeated success at all levels up to championship and managed a couple of decent sized clubs in Wigan and Portsmouth. He’s an enthusiastic character and should know the area having been at Chesterfield

3 hours ago, poite said:

Keen? God no!

Loved him as a player and thought he would cut it as a manager till I read the Ipswich players were terrified of him, doesn't bode well!

I have no preference just want someone to settle us and push for the promotion our club need, to get back in the big time.  Sometimes the ones you least expect are the most successful.

I'm thinking more along the lines of managers on the rise, making a name for themselves within the EFL, rather than big names or experienced old school managers. 

Paul Cook appeals most to me. A gamble but already in the Championship, seems to have a decent EFL record in the lower leagues. Would be an interesting forward thinking appointment.

The likes of Daniel Stendel; the Cowley Brothers, Mark Cooper and Michael Flynn could be interesting out of the box gambles.

If it's not someone proven and high profile, like Hughton, then to me going for someone like Paul Cook or Alex Neil, would make sense to me and would be a smart move. I'd go for Paul Cook.

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

I'm thinking more along the lines of managers on the rise, making a name for themselves within the EFL, rather than big names or experienced old school managers. 

Paul Cook appeals most to me. A gamble but already in the Championship, seems to have a decent EFL record in the lower leagues. Would be an interesting forward thinking appointment.

The likes of Daniel Stendel; the Cowley Brothers, Mark Cooper and Michael Flynn could be interesting out of the box gambles.

If it's not someone proven and high profile, like Hughton, then to me going for someone like Paul Cook or Alex Neil, would make sense to me and would be a smart move. I'd go for Paul Cook.

I'd like Cook too. Plays some fabulous attacking football.

2 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Zola has been a shocking failure in every Manager job he has been given.

He is a complete and utter disaster as a Manager.

It's bound to be him then :laugh:

• Haha 1