Odds For The New Manager

The thing is - we are an attractive proposition for a number of managers so we shouldn’t settle for second best 

- We would be able to attract the lower league/smaller club managers (Cowleys, Stendal, Cook) 

- The current number 2’s wanting to move into management (Arteta, Terry etc)

- The managers with a good a rep wanting to have a crack at the English game (Viera, GVB etc) 

we have apparently sorted our financial woes & with a MASSIVE fan base, I think we will get this appointment right - hopefully

WAWAW

After Hughton, there is no other English manager I’d like in. 

Think we we will need to look to an upcoming foreign coach I.e Stendel or the ex Schalke coach. 

Would be nice to get in a coach who plays football out from the back - similar to Bielsa

2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

After Hughton, there is no other English manager I’d like in. 

Think we we will need to look to an upcoming foreign coach I.e Stendel or the ex Schalke coach. 

Would be nice to get in a coach who plays football out from the back - similar to Bielsa

Or that Jos fella

9 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

The thing is - we are an attractive proposition for a number of managers so we shouldn’t settle for second best 

- We would be able to attract the lower league/smaller club managers (Cowleys, Stendal, Cook) 

- The managers with a good a rep wanting to have a crack at the English game (Viera, GVB etc) 

we have apparently sorted our financial woes & with a MASSIVE fan base, I think we will get this appointment right - hopefully

WAWAW

Have to admit I’m quite surprised Hughton turned us down to be honest. 

11 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

WAWAW

I'm going to be a tail and say IMO, you're over selling our attractiveness a bit there (and having looked in the mirror, I know all about that). Buuuut, I still think the majority of those names would be very interested in sitting down and talking to us... we're potentially a very interesting project and the sort of challenge that a few of those listed would love to face I reckon.

Just now, StudentOwl said:

I'm going to be a tail and say IMO, you're over selling our attractiveness a bit there (and having looked in the mirror, I know all about that). Buuuut, I still think the majority of those names would be very interested in sitting down and talking to us... we're potentially a very interesting project and the sort of challenge that a few of those listed would love to face I reckon.

Your a tail haha

no I agree - we could at least get a discussion out of them

What about Quique Setién, free agent ex Betis, finished 10th last year in La Liga. 

Look at the football....

He was touted for big things including Barca job after a quick look online - was fired at the end of last season I think after beating Real? 

Edited by TodwickOwl

21 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Zola is worryingly short. Houghton obviously on the drift. Really really concerned if zola is appointed. 

Very short , only about 5ft 7 with his stilettos on.

Pretty sure the bookies just stick Pearson on the list every time with us to fleece a few quid out of those that are adamant he is the right man and will take it one day.

Doubt very much that today, this week, month or year will be that day given what he has said about the job in the past and his links to the George Hirst saga.