Odds For The New Manager

Hughton rules himself out 

Chris Hughton snubs becoming next Sheffield Wednesday boss

Chris Hughton has turned down the chance to become the next Sheffield Wednesday boss.

Former Brighton boss Hughton is the odds-on favourite with the bookies to take over from Steve Bruce who is heading to Newcastle.

But Mirror Sport can reveal Hughton has already turned down an approach and is not in the running, believing it was not the right job or the right time.

Hughton has gained an outstanding reputation of getting clubs promoted into the Premier League and then being a first class manager having worked wonders at Brighton and Newcastle.

There will be no shortage after his departure from Brighton in the summer and he has admitted he wants a return to management but it will not be with Wednesday.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-maguire-coutinho-17678250?3

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, sage owl said:

The only thing that worries me is who's advising DC.

Well if he’s approached Hughton it won’t be the person everyone thinks it is 

26 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Didn’t the Cowleys turn down West Brom? If so I doubt they’d come here.

I believe they'd agreed to go & compensation with Lincoln had been agreed but WBA went with Bilic at the last minute.

• Thanks 1

I would also like Paul Cook, he was my number one choice when Jos was appointed. Was Carlos Queiroz up to these days? He’s a cracking coach with good contacts. Also think Cowley has earned a shot at a bigger club and surely he’d be up for a change now? 

2 minutes ago, tashton said:

Nobody mentioned another manager out of work who lives local ...  Nigel Adkins?

I know he's ex pig but Hull played some excellent football last season, can't see fans ever accepting him though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Night King said:

I would also like Paul Cook, he was my number one choice when Jos was appointed. Was Carlos Queiroz up to these days? He’s a cracking coach with good contacts. Also think Cowley has earned a shot at a bigger club and surely he’d be up for a change now? 

I'd be happy with Cook, lower league promotion under his belt, experience in the Championship and can spot a player. 

Just about to sign Robinson and Lowe for Wigan, two very good signings  

4 minutes ago, striker said:

I'd be happy with Cook, lower league promotion under his belt, experience in the Championship and can spot a player. 

Just about to sign Robinson and Lowe for Wigan, two very good signings  

Seems a decent manager. Can't stand listening to him though, so for that he's a no.

I know I will be shouted down for this but Paul Tisdale is someone who I believe would be a good fit. Did wonders at Exeter for years before moving onto MK Dons and having success.

He is used to operating with little or no money, has an eye for a player, and his teams always tried to p,say attractive football.

You will not see his name in any betting lists, but he is experienced and well thought of.