Odds For The New Manager

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

When you look at Hughton's record at Brighton in 4 and a half years, it was very good.

I assume he'd jump at the chance of coming to Wednesday - good fit for both sides.

He’d want to come up north though?

Edited by theowlsman

24 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

I'd like Cook too. Plays some fabulous attacking football.

I agree, remember them playing us off the park a while back, if I'm not mistaken. Seems an appealing manager on the rise. Been making a name for himself; with Cup upsets, their style of play, some smart signings and a few League titles/promotions in the lower leagues. He'd be a smart forward thinking interesting appointment.

Edited by The Night-Owl

Don’t think an up and coming name like Cowley, Arteta etc would be good for both parties. The infrastructure isn’t in place to support a manager that’s going to be learning on the job and making mistakes. The club is also crying out for guidance.

We need someone with similar experience to Bruce to keep the rebuilding process going and to make sure we’re adding to the building blocks that have been put in place. Also I think Bruce’s reputation definitely had a positive impact of the players, so if we can find someone like Hughton with a proven track record at this level we’d be onto a winner. 

Can't agree with those saying the list of available managers/possibly willing to work here is uninspiring. Some absolute dogger in there, yes, but some of the names of genuine possibles... Stendel, Cowleys, Cook, Hughton, van Bronckhorst (I'm sure a few others that I'm not smart enough to remember)... truthfully I think there are some cracking possible appointees. 

Looks like there's a few out of the box retired players popping up as outsiders at present via BetVictor and paddy power odds. Wondering, if DC might be contemplating following the latest trends of managerial appointments by ignoring the usual old school types that always get linked with new jobs? And going for a recently retired high profile name or looking at lower league graduates and managers on the rise?

Edited by The Night-Owl