Out Of Respect

What is 6 million to a club like Newcastle? 

Drop in the ocean. 

Sums up Ashley and his whole regime. 

Bruce is his about his fourth choice and he's unwilling to part with what (for them) is a trivial amount to secure him. 

1 minute ago, Animis said:

That might be the case, but it suggests to me the worry DC had in setting him on - why insert this?

A year contract also suggest SB had all the cards, save for the above compo clause, in the contract negotiations with SWFC.

There was no long term plan with SB under a 1 year deal.

A 1-year rolling deal is a bit different to a 1-year deal.

We have been burnt before paying managers off on longer term contracts.

With the £5M clause DC probably felt he would be able to pay for a good replacement should this happen, given that Bruce is on £2M per year.

1 minute ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I am.  And I concur. Neither have I.  Unlike WatfordOwl. 

I know you are polite, so I didn’t react to the troll comment, which I could have conceived as a slur. 

I know when i re read that i regretted it honest lol 

I was just making the point about what Victoria reported in a rather crass way soz 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

But again, and with the greatest of respect.

Nobody on here was batting an eyelid at this when he was appointed. 

I agree, I was absolutely delighted with the appointment and also the games he’s taken charge. He was the right fit for us. 

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Get your pasty ,fat , sausage-fingered hand in your pocket Ashley. 

Want Bruce then time to stump up.

Should be a few bob in there  seeing you've just flogged the club top scorer. 

About f*****g time!!!  :Sid:

Edited by Morepork

3 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Check back on google and the tabloids - the story broke Monday, 24th June. Given the individual involved is Bruce, do you think he will have known about it? He’s done this 4 times before at other clubs so he has very good form for it. 

This is football and I’m just not that naive to it. All I want now is a good deal for the club, i.e. c£4m compensation and bring in Hughton. Bruce has lost my trust and no doubt our Chairman’s and I want him out as soon as the package is good for the club. 

I don't know what Bruce thinks or knows, and I guess you don't either.

29 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

IF Allardyce was being truthful.  

NUFC have denied making any offer to Allardyce.  

Try and imagine a scenario whereby Allardyce and Bruce are mates.  NUFC fancy SB, they’ve told him this.  But NUFC don’t fancy the compensation either included in his contract or what the imagine Chansiri wants.  So SB gets his old mate Allardyce to concoct the whole thing and throw SBs hat into the ring to avoid SB airing his dirty washing up front. 

Quite plausible..

1 minute ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Your 2 - 1 up watford ... I put that response prior to your chillaxing (smiley face) 

I'm quitting while I'm ahead in that case. 

For the record - I clicked the wrong button on your post.

I've just red penned it now. 

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

A question 

When Bruce ( if ) starts the season as Newcastle Boss do anyone of us think he'll finsih the season as Newcastle boss because i don't 

Christmas at best.

But then, that's probably a bonus. Always nice to have Christmas at home.

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

A question 

When Bruce ( if ) starts the season as Newcastle Boss do anyone of us think he'll finsih the season as Newcastle boss because i don't 

We'll all agree on this one!! :Sid:

• Haha 1

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

A question 

You can certainly see why they are among the favourites for relegation. They might not go down but they won't be troubling the top half under the current approach, regardless of who they get as manager.

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

That might be the case, but it suggests to me the worry DC had in setting him on - why insert this?

A year contract also suggest SB had all the cards, save for the above compo clause, in the contract negotiations with SWFC.

There was no long term plan with SB under a 1 year deal.

If he did insert such a clause, then I assume he did so to protect our club in case a Premier League club came knocking. I doubt he envisioned a scenario where a wealthy Premier League club would balk at the asking price having spoken to the manager who signed the contract in which it was included, though.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

A 1-year rolling deal is a bit different to a 1-year deal.

We have been burnt before paying managers off on longer term contracts.

With the £5M clause DC probably felt he would be able to pay for a good replacement should this happen, given that Bruce is on £2M per year.

No it isn't - there will be a release clause, which one or either party can enact at say 3 or 1 month before the contract end date i.e 1st anniversary of the contract start date.

The difference of a fixed 1 yr deal is it doesn't have an option or extension clause. The rolling deal rolls on with both parties agreement or falls away if either party agree.

If this was not the case, why is it a 1 year deal?

4 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

A question 

don't think he'll be there long. They look like they will struggle to stay up, especially without their two top goalscorers and a low budget for a top flight club and a tight fisted owner.

Edited by The Night-Owl