Out Of Respect

Just now, marconi said:

Would you not get on his back, if he continually picked players that were not not good enough like Jos did, whilst better players sat in the stands?

Probably but whats that got to do with anything that's just a fan being a fan and would happen with any Manager or are you saying you think Bruce would be so contrary if the deal broke down that he would purposely sabotage Wednesday ?

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

Probably but whats that got to do with anything that's just a fan being a fan and would happen with any Manager or are you saying you think Bruce would be so contrary if the deal broke down that he would purposely sabotage Wednesday ?

Yes

12 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Actually i think this was more Talksport than Ashley 

Martin Lipton was on there last Monday banging on about how much Bruce would want the Job and that was as Ashley was offering it to Allardyce if Allardyce is being honest 

I just don't see how any manager would want the job tbh.

It's an absolute hiding to nothing. 

My view of the game has altered over the course of the last 25 years or so, and I think any fan in the country believing there is a shred of loyalty among players or management these days is pretty delusional.

The facts are, and always have been to some extent, is it's a short career that can turn within a dozen or so games (for a manager) and a bad injury for a player. 

I don't blame SB for considering the offer, but tbh, I think we offer an opportunity for a manager to really put their stamp on the club, whereas the NUFC job is literally survival at all costs and possible sack within 12 months. 

We need someone here that 'wants' the challenge, loyalty means nothing, but giving it your all does. The disrespect for me would only come from a manager taking the pyss in the same way Dave Jones did by being anonymous around the club until he had to show his face. 

I genuinely think SB has told DC he wants the job, this is just DC being a little more savvy to actually have a replacement rather than being dropped in it before the season starts.

Edited by WatfordOwl

14 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Bruce saying hopefully the clubs can find a compromise also annoyed the f**k out of me. We don't need to compromise ffs. The interview today was an attempt to make out like he's just a bystander in all this. Total bo!!ocks. 

Compromise, another word for knocking the price down.

Never going to happen.  

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Stop being so naive or playing ‘devils advocate’ for the sake of it.

Theres been rumours for a month on this and he will have known about it. Of course he wants to go and I hope we get too dollar for him and we recruit Chris Hughton asap. 

Bruce has done this 4 times before - he clearly has no morals and he’s in it for the money. He shouldn’t manage another game for Wednesday! 

"theres been rumours for a month" and Allardyce being Bruces mate made up a story that he's been offered the job this past week did he 

who's being naive here 

Post anywhere where i've said that i don't think Bruce wants to go to Newcastle he' does we all know it and i've also said from the start get it done one way or the other quickly so we can move on ..............or is that naive of me 

All i'm refusing to do is see it as a huge insult to Wednesday when it's just a bloke wanting to move to a "better" job 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Just woke to read the interview that Bruce gave and how he talked to Newcastle "out of respect".

Well Why not show some respect to the man who fecking bent over backwards to get you, the man who allowed you to sun it up in the Caribbean before coming here, the man that has backed you and will continue to do so until the day you leave this great club.

My fecking blood is boiling, that's the most disrespectful thing he could have said or done and for me he is finished here.

A message to DC, continue to stick to your guns, get the best price you can for Bruce and his entourage and go and get a proper manager and gent named Chris Hughton.

Fantastic post 

• Thanks 2

waste of time,'fans' of this club embarrassed themselves chanting his name today

didn't think they could get any worse than clapping Carlos when he came back with Swansea but apparently they can

its a embassment and the fact these 'fans' will cheer a man who can stab us in the back frankly makes me feel sick

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Why do Wednesday need to compromise?

If Newcastle want him, then the compensation already agreed in his contract is all that needs to be paid.

Perhaps a better word would have been "negotiate"  which can go thus

DC " 5 mil"

Ashley "1 mil"

DC "5mil or forget it "

and do we know if a specific figure is in his contract ? i don't 

1 minute ago, WelshOwl74 said:

waste of time,'fans' of this club embarrassed themselves chanting his name today

didn't think they could get any worse than clapping Carlos when he came back with Swansea but apparently they can

its a embassment and the fact these 'fans' will cheer a man who can stab us in the back frankly makes me feel sick

Don't necessarily agree with that.....we showed some class today IMO. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

I don’t care how much affinity SB has with the Toon, the fact that we bent over backwards to accommodate his request for recovery time for the loss of his parents and his own ill heath, when, let’s be honest we needed him at the helm to look at the squad over the remaining matches of last season with a view to identifying our strengths and weaknesses, for a promotion push this season, and for him to even entertain talking to the Toon, for me shows a total lack of respect for our club. 

IMO SB should have told them to do one. He would have been massively respected for this. Instead he’s done the opposite. 

Well I for one will say to SB what he should have said “SB DO ONE!”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Stab us in the back how ? 

Asked permission from DC to talk to them and got it hardly a stab in the back

Edited by Lawrie Madden

SB has clearly said DC gave him permission to talk to Newcastle - if this was last week then DC would have been resigned to the fact SB is leaving, and hopefully has lined up a replacement.

I imagine the DC fully expected the compo amount to be agreed by Newcastle and SB to have been announced on Thursday/Friday. 

I also imagine that SB also expected this to be the case, and not having to rock up at Lincoln today in a half-apologetic demeanor giving a truthful but sour explanation of events.

Separate this matter from last January's compassionate starting date, to the situation now. It's simply an agreement over compo cash.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Why do Wednesday need to compromise?

If Newcastle want him, then the compensation already agreed in his contract is all that needs to be paid.

I think your directing the question to the wrong individual here mate. 

He'd only quoted the verbatim from the interview, I personally think it's Bruce being put on the spot without actually having a real answer to give because if he knew already, he'd be refusing to answer any questions relating to it. 

This could actually end really badly for SB if DC sticks to his guns and then replaces him - that to me is a distinct possibility. 

Just now, The Harlequin said:

I don’t care how much affinity SB has with the Toon, the fact that we bent over backwards to accommodate his request for recovery time for the loss of his parents and his own ill heath, when, let’s be honest we needed him at the helm to look at the squad over the remaining matches of last season with a view to identifying our strengths and weaknesses, for a promotion push this season, and for him to even entertain talking to the Toon, for me shows a total lack of respect for our club. 

IMO SB should have told them to do one. He would have been massively respected for this. Instead he’s done the opposite. 

Well I for one will say to SB what he should have said “SB DO ONE!”

We didn't he didn't work for Wednesday then 

1 minute ago, Animis said:

SB has clearly said DC gave him permission to talk to Newcastle - if this was last week then DC would have been resigned to the fact SB is leaving, and hopefully has lined up a replacement.

I imagine the DC fully expected the compo amount to be agreed by Newcastle and SB to have been announced on Thursday/Friday. 

I also imagine that SB also expected this to be the case, and not having to rock up at Lincoln today in a half-apologetic demeanor giving a truthful but sour explanation of events.

Separate this matter from last January's compassionate starting date, to the situation now. It's simply an agreement over compo cash.

Spot on