Out Of Respect

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He is asking for compromise so he can leave us.

If as has been stated, his contract stipulates an amount then there is no compromise to be had, Newcastle should pay the fee Bruce felt he was worth when he signed the contract.

I wouldn't think that Bruce is an expert on contracts and  possibly said that in ignorance his agents will be the one arguing the throw.  Yes, Newcastle should pay what we are entitled to. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mycroft said:

I wouldn't think that Bruce is an expert on contracts and  possibly said that in ignorance his agents will be the one arguing the throw.  Yes, Newcastle should pay what we are entitled to. 

Thats what i reckon poor choice of words thats all

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If he did insert such a clause, then I assume he did so to protect our club in case a Premier League club came knocking. I doubt he envisioned a scenario where a wealthy Premier League club would balk at the asking price having spoken to the manager who signed the contract in which it was included, though.

Absolutely - no criticism of DC. I think he had his doubts about SB hence the clause (if true).

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Just woke to read the interview that Bruce gave and how he talked to Newcastle "out of respect".

Well Why not show some respect to the man who fecking bent over backwards to get you, the man who allowed you to sun it up in the Caribbean before coming here, the man that has backed you and will continue to do so until the day you leave this great club.

My fecking blood is boiling, that's the most disrespectful thing he could have said or done and for me he is finished here.

A message to DC, continue to stick to your guns, get the best price you can for Bruce and his entourage and go and get a proper manager and gent named Chris Hughton.

Have you never been to a job interview while still employed?

1 minute ago, vulva said:

If Bruce wants the job that much he can do it for £50k per year and his intended salary will cover the compensation. 

Win/Win. 

I'd say Ashley will be offering that to Bruce over the weekend!! :Sid:

7 minutes ago, Animis said:

No it isn't - there will be a release clause, which one or either party can enact at say 3 or 1 month before the contract end date i.e 1st anniversary of the contract start date.

The difference of a fixed 1 yr deal is it doesn't have an option or extension clause. The rolling deal rolls on with both parties agreement or falls away if either party agree.

If this was not the case, why is it a 1 year deal?

So you have quoted the bit where I said a rolling contract is different to a fixed deal. Stated it is no different and then have explained the reasons as to how it is different?

I'm fast coming to the conclusion Mr Bruce is quite thick

All the feedback from the NUFC fans is negative. bordering psychotic

He claims to be a fan, born and bred so will be right on point with this

Am I missing something here

1 minute ago, happy bunny said:

I'm fast coming to the conclusion Mr Bruce is quite thick

All the feedback from the NUFC fans is negative. bordering psychotic

He claims to be a fan, born and bred so will be right on point with this

Am I missing something here

Yep, Its the wife leaving you for the Grandad in Steptoe and Son's that people are having a problem with.... :Sid:

Guest gizowl

The annoying thing is this should be over now so we can move on, pay compensation as laid out in contracts, job done, but to Ashley it's just a fizzing game ,thinks he's above the law, loves trying to screw people over and gets up peoples noses,well lets make sure he loses this one, pay in full or feck off you ignorant little terd. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So you have quoted the bit where I said a rolling contract is different to a fixed deal. Stated it is no different and then have explained the reasons as to how it is different?

It's the perception that a rolling deal is different - but it isn't, it just allows both parties to pretend they just 'roll on', but they clearly won't.

Two scenarios: Its April 2020:

SB has us in the top 6.

SB has us in mid table - practical impossible to get into the top 6.

DC has the option of enacting the cancellation clause. The above scenarios will determine his move.

SB will also have the same luxury.

If top 6, SB could enact the clause to either move to a PL club if they come knocking or to negotiate a 'better' deal with DC.

Either way - this 1 year rolling contract is a 1yr contract in all but name.

2 minutes ago, gizowl said:

The annoying thing is this should be over now so we can move on, pay compensation as laid out in contracts, job done, but to Ashley it's just a fizzing game ,thinks he's above the law, loves trying to screw people over and gets up peoples noses,well lets make sure he loses this one, pay in full or feck off you ignorant little terd. 

Well I for one am not buying another shell suit from the fat cockney ladybit 

In all honesty, I don't think the interview's that bad when you hear it.

I don't doubt that he wants the Newcastle job, mind. That much is abundantly clear.

But Ashley being Ashley and Chansiri being Chansiri, I'm not convinced things will turn out as Bruce is perhaps hoping.

The scenario where Ashley turns his attention to someone else seems very real to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cowl said:

In all honesty, I don't think the interview's that bad when you hear it.

I don't doubt that he wants the Newcastle job, mind. That much is abundantly clear.

But Ashley being Ashley and Chansiri being Chansiri, I'm not convinced things will turn out as Bruce is perhaps hoping.

The scenario where Ashley turns his attention to someone else seems very real to me.

Well he's already down what, 57th on the list, so I'll be expecting a call from Ashley any time soon

Guest wilyfox

It wasn't out of respect, it was very much out of self-interest. I don't know whom he thinks will lap that bs up.